rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Paying for drinks on first date

I haven't found a specific thread on this topic. Here's the background: I have noticed that when a girl pays for at least one drink on the first date my odds of banging her go up substantially. This may be because she is more invested (literally) in the date. And also paying for everything reeks of beta provider nonsense.

Taking this into account, I have been using the "I've got the first round" line with girls, implying that the next round is on her. This seems to not work very well however. Here's the question: is there a better way?

check the first date bang recipe and the logic behind it:

women are cheap. If you say "i'll get the first round, you can get the second". And then you are both having a good time when you finish your first drinks and you say "hey I live a few blocks away, we can just get the second drink there", because women are cheap, they will jump all over that. Once you get her home, just keep escalating.

Thanks I've read the first date recipe. Problem is that you can't always meet near your place. For example, I live in Brooklyn, work in Manhattan, and a good majority of the girls I date live in Manhattan. I do work out the logistics so that we are close enough to her place to bounce there eventually. I have used the bathroom weasel move to great effect several times because of that.

Normally if I go out with a girl they travel to me, as I pick a bar within walking distance of my house. So I don't mind getting the first round, as they've spent money travelling to meet me.

Just don't make a big deal about it/joke around and don't be buying them drinks all night.

Also, since I'm doing a lot of online gaming I noticed that it works out better if I keep the first date short (1.5 hours or so) and then let the girl know I have other plans later that night. This creates some uncertainty and she is very willing to do a day 2 in a few days. Twice in the last few weeks I have had first dates that went for 4 hours plus, heavy making out, got the girls back to their place and couldn't get the bang. Of course what happens, they flake out and don't respond to my texts. This goes against the conventional idea that we are supposed to push things as far as possible on the first date.
Anyone else have the same problem?

Try an activity on the first encounter

Wake up her fun/competitive nature - Pick a sport/activity that she's not that good at shooting darts, bowling, pool. If she's a good sport shouldn't be a problem.

Use the loser buys drinks conversation - find out what her fav "strong" drink is

Meet up, small talk and commence with the proceedings

She loses buys the round of drinks/shots, set your traps and bounce her out of there under the premise you "want to keep the good vibe/night going"

MDP

I prefer to pay for my informal 1st dates, which consists of 2-3 rounds of drinks (~$40 max total). I truly appreciate it when a girl offers to pay, or at least pretends to rummage through her purse for her credit card (I don't take her up on it). Honestly, the only thing I really ask of a girl is to show the most basic form of gratitude for the free shit she just received. It still blows my mind that at least 50% of the girls I go out with don't say 'thank you' on the first date, even when they clearly had a great time and are into me. It's a massive turnoff for me, even though most of my dates are otherwise very enjoyable for both of us. I can't remember the last time I didn't get a kiss, makeout, or more on the first date. However, banging on the 1st date has been very difficult since I've been living at my parents house recently while I recover from a failed business venture.

I don't really do online and my date game is pretty good, so if I can get a girl out on a first date, I'm in the driver's seat for a 2nd- or 3rd-date 80-90% of the time. However, when I pay the first time and she doesn't even say thank you, I feel like I've set up expectations that I will pay for everything indefinitely.

If a girl is mediocre + ungrateful, I just won't call her back after date 1. But for hotter girls, I want to start nipping this issue in the bud on date 2 so I don't waste money or become resentful. Pre-bang, what's the best way to get her to split the bill on date 2 and beyond?

Is it that awkward to say "can we split this?"

A girl who will walk away from you because you didn't pay her a drink isn't the kind of girl that you want in your rotation. Anyway, on first dates, I usually use the "the first round's on me" line with an attempt to drag her out before the second round. This is detailled in Tuthmosis' guide for first-date banging.

As Eddie Winslow said, not even getting a "thank you" is extremely turned off. Although I am very comfortable financially, I expect a certain form of gratitude if I pay for something for her. I want the girl to see this as a gift, rather than a "man's provider job".

Once I have the chick in my harem, I don't mind paying a bit more for her, as the gratitude shit goes both ways.

"A girl who will walk away from you because you didn't pay her a drink isn't the kind of girl that you want in your rotation"

For an FB, disagree.

FWB is something else.

WIA

Quote: (01-28-2016 12:13 PM)Rawmeo Wrote:  

A girl who will walk away from you because you didn't pay her a drink isn't the kind of girl that you want in your rotation. Anyway, on first dates, I usually use the "the first round's on me" line with an attempt to drag her out before the second round. This is detailled in Tuthmosis' guide for first-date banging.

As Eddie Winslow said, not even getting a "thank you" is extremely turned off. Although I am very comfortable financially, I expect a certain form of gratitude if I pay for something for her. I want the girl to see this as a gift, rather than a "man's provider job".

Once I have the chick in my harem, I don't mind paying a bit more for her, as the gratitude shit goes both ways.

My question is about girls you can't bang on the first date for whatever reason.

I usually ask what does she drink and go buy it without asking if she wants one.

After first round is over, "I say it's your shout, i would like a jim beam and coke"

Remember ALWAYS lead where i found if i let her lead, it decreases my chances of getting pussy that night by 50%. Don't be scared to shut her down if she tries to control the date. It will get her juices flowing when you lead.

Remember women are biological wired to be attracted to a dominate man, not a nice (weak) guy.

OP, this depends on many different things.

In America and in China I've had girls fight me over the check. I just let them pay. I often find that girls who really fight to pay are doing it for my attention and want to bang me.

I'm 27, so if the girl is 18, I will pay. An 18 year old college girl isn't going to be running around with enough money to pay for drinks. It isn't beta to buy girls drinks if you're coming from a place of casual coolness. Some dudes get a whiff of interest from the girls then (without even making her earn the damn drinks) buys the girl a round. This is a needy move and makes you look like a beta chump. Don't be that guy.

Be the guy buying the girls a drink because she's providing you with interesting conversation, you've already banged her or she's doing something else to earn the right to get drinks from you.

On the first date, you should be coming out with a fun, relaxed vibe and the drinks should be flowing naturally. Don't be afraid to bounce if you feel like the situation is forced and you don't wanna buy more than one round with that boor.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.