rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Boondocks Appreciation Thread

[Image: 3162979-3832348123-the-b.jpg]

A new season is about to start in a couple weeks on Adult Swim.

How many fans are here on the forum?

I think my favorite episode is the one where Stinkmeaner comes back from the grave and takes over DuBois' body. Maybe the one involving Usher and DuBois' wife swooning over him.

Some clips for your viewing pleasure:

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

The bootie warrior episode was legendary. It's funny how many people didn't know he was a real character until later.

Colnel H. Stinkmeaner when he fights grandad lol. The only thing that sucks is that this season Aaron McGruder won't be involved.

The episode when granddad's old military friend (voiced by Mike Epps) dies had to be some of the funniest television ever. The show as a whole is just a massive win. I can't wait till the season comes out. I just gotta figure out how to watch it, being here in Japan.

Favorite was turning a hoe into a housewife is not a good idea . Riley and Grandad game conversation , Ripley saying you might as well give her money for grocery shopping to Huey , Grandad delusion is too strong , and Katt Williams pimp skills is top notch . Wonder if she will come back as crack whore or an explanation from a Pimp named Slickback . Other one was Gangstalicious pt.2 . Look at modern hip hop and it is even funnier .

The Hateocracy episode was one of my favorites.

And this one.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Damn, everybody listed most of my Fav episodes except the Tyler Perry spoof which was controversial but hilarious.

I watched the trailer for the new season and it looks like they have completely taken the edge out of the series. Hopefully I am wrong but what they showed looked terrible and cheezy with a completely different tone than previous seasons.

I think overall the second season was the strongest, they will never top that one especially with Mcgruder taking a hands off approach.

Anyone know why the show takes almost 4 years to release a new season? That shit is cray. I know the animation is higher quality than south park or Family Guy but still WTF.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

The Tyler Perry was so good its been banned from being broadcasted anymore.

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

Great show, when I was a kid I used to read the comic strip when it was in the funny pages.

The animation for this new season looks pretty high quality.

Any fans of the black dynamite show? Some of the same people that worked on Boondocks created it. Much of the humor is similar if a little more ridiculous. Hopefully we will get a second season of that show too by years end but knowing cartoon network it could take a few years.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (04-12-2014 01:03 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Any fans of the black dynamite show? Some of the same people that worked on Boondocks created it. Much of the humor is similar if a little more ridiculous. Hopefully we will get a second season of that show too by years end but knowing cartoon network it could take a few years.

Yeah, I really liked Black Dynamite. Very entertaining show.

It's actually based on a movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_dynamite

I'd love to see a second season.

My main problem with the show is the disconnect between the general rule and the cutesy art style.

I enjoy any episode with Uncle Ruckus. That guy just cracks me up everytime, and here I was thinking that racism isn't funny.

Bring on season 4!

When Ruckus becomes a preacher!

Didn't the guy who made the show leave though?

Quote: (04-12-2014 05:51 PM)L M McCoy Wrote:  

Its kinda shady whats going on but, something happened between Aaron Mcgruder and adult swim, however its not clear what.

Quote: (04-12-2014 12:38 PM)Avon Barksdale Wrote:  

The Tyler Perry was so good its been banned from being broadcasted anymore.

Uncle Ruckus fucking KILLS me!

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Dude, Attack of the Killer Kung Fu Wolf Bitch!

Quote: (04-12-2014 10:48 PM)Avon Barksdale Wrote:  

Its kinda shady whats going on but, something happened between Aaron Mcgruder and adult swim, however its not clear what.

Didn't he say somethin about starting a new show on Adult Swim about "Black Jeezus?"

Quote: (04-12-2014 11:41 PM)Muk Wrote:  

Quote: (04-12-2014 10:48 PM)Avon Barksdale Wrote:  

Didn't he say somethin about starting a new show on Adult Swim about "Black Jeezus?"

Yea but there was also this

http://colorlines.com/archives/2014/03/a...docks.html

Quote:Quote:

“To quote a great white man, ‘Hollywood is a business’. And to quote another great white man, “Don’t hold grudges”.

Something was going on behind the scenes, he put his heart into the boondocks ever since its inception, so for him not to be headlining the 4th and final season is puzzling.

I didn't like season 3 all too much.
I kind of got the impression that he was tapped out creatively...
The first two seasons were GOLD, though.

Quote: (04-12-2014 03:30 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

My main problem with the show is the disconnect between the general rule and the cutesy art style.

Umm... General Tone

Quote: (04-12-2014 12:12 PM)vinman Wrote:  

The Hateocracy episode was one of my favorites.

And this one.

The fundraiser is on now. Great episode.

They started airing the promos for the first episode of season 4. I tried to find the video online to embed here, but to be honest it didn't look great.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9WClv4U5B8 the guy bootywarrior is based of. cant stop laughing

Quote: (04-17-2014 10:33 AM)KC4 Wrote:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9WClv4U5B8 the guy bootywarrior is based of. cant stop laughing

Why do we keep guys like that around? seriously, what use is he?
Off with his head.

First episode felt like a waste to me considering A Pimp Named Slickback could had taught him all this properly . Nice job at showing how teen stars always go the bad boy route , faking incidents for publicity , and the delusion of female fans . The show foreshadow the upcoming espiode where Grandad lose the house if you notice the empty fridge . Another one is Riley might beat Huey or someone with him all of a sudden doing ninja flips .