rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Urgent: Booking for Cuba tomorrow

May 1st for two weeks. Me and another guy who has tight game.

Want to stay near Varadero.

What is a good resort that I can bring back local girls.

I will be flying from edmonton so if anyone knows a package on a resort and flights?

Written on my phone. Thanks for any info.

Or how would I go about booking a casa particular (room for rent with a Cuban family)?

Your best bet is to stay away from any resort - especially Varadero! You simply can't bring girls to a resort without paying bribes.
Fly to Havana,find an apartment ( don't have to pre-book it),make sure bringing girls is OK with the owner.
You can find all info from Cubans once you there as the situation in Cuba changes almost monthly.

^^^ Thanks man.

Have been checking sites like this... http://www.casaparticularcuba.org/viewpr...=0&PopUp=0

Should I contact a few owners and just see whats going and then just get a taxi over when I land. Pay cash up front for a few nights and see how it goes?

Thanks again for any advice

What is the best area to be based out of?

Varadero came recommend.

I wish you read some of the threads before booking your trip! You and your buddy would have had a blast had you booked a flight to Havana instead.

Game won't count for much unless you speak Spanish! Otherwise, you will be flooded with working girls.

As Wayout mentioned, you will need to bribe security at the Resorts which may cost you $50 CUC each. Plus you will not find a large selection of local women in Varadero. Other female tourists, yes but if you want fine Cuban women, find a way to switch your flight to Havana then PM me and I will give you some good tips.

When I went I found my casa particular in http://www.thecubanhouses.com
It was a bit more expensive but we had a nice villa with swimming pool in Miramar close to Vedado.

I also saw options on rentincuba (they had a few appartments in the atlantic building which is reaaly nice). It depends on your budget.
But you will find lot of stuff on the link you gave. You email them, negotiate the price for your stay and you pay once you check in (not before).

Btw the link you gave is an appartment in Vedado not Varadero.

Where are you going exactly?La habana or Varadero?

Quote: (04-10-2014 06:35 AM)Atlantic Wrote:  

^^^ Thanks man.

Have been checking sites like this... http://www.casaparticularcuba.org/viewpr...=0&PopUp=0

Should I contact a few owners and just see whats going and then just get a taxi over when I land. Pay cash up front for a few nights and see how it goes?

Thanks again for any advice

Quote: (04-10-2014 07:09 AM)rcraig33hb Wrote:  

I wish you read some of the threads before booking your trip! You and your buddy would have had a blast had you booked a flight to Havana instead.

Game won't count for much unless you speak Spanish! Otherwise, you will be flooded with working girls.

As Wayout mentioned, you will need to bribe security at the Resorts which may cost you $50 CUC each. Plus you will not find a large selection of local women in Varadero. Other female tourists, yes but if you want fine Cuban women, find a way to switch your flight to Havana then PM me and I will give you some good tips.

I haven't booked yet. I am booking flights in the next few hours and I still have two weeks to figure out where to stay.

I am now looking at a private apartment in old Havana so feel free to PM with any recommendations. Thanks

Stay out of old habana. I was just there.

Jesus christ man....

Get a casa paticular, forget the hotel. Cuc is the same as USD. So 20 cuc = 20 dollars

You cant bring girls back to a hotel without said bribes.

And you can almost completely forget not paying for sex period.

If anyone says they didnt pay girls then they either are lying or they just refused to pay them after sex.

Its a pay culture.

One single girl didnt as me for money, even the cuban dudes are paying.

^ Dang. Fucking Dangit.

Quote: (04-10-2014 06:10 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

I'm not going to lie I laughed pretty hard at that. When I stayed in Havana the first time, the casa owners husband told me that in almost those exact words as well as a jinetero.

You'll see though that the further outside of old Havana you go the less true that is. The lower class girls (barrio chicks) are really like this though in that they are essentially for pay. The Cuban guys themselves who belong to that level of class are paying as well. Once you are into the middle / upper class ... a smaller percent in Cuba than elsewhere that doesn't typically hold true.

Did you stay on San Rafael or Galiano Fisto... Those are the two biggest hustler spots in Havana. I've stayed there before but Vedado / Miramar / Siboney is a lot more classy. I've stayed on San Rafael and while it's well located for local transport / food, it's right smack dab in the middle of people you shouldn't be talking to central.

Shoring is pretty much non-existent there which really hurts the nightlife.

Oh mi madre....

Lavidaloca - its a long story amigo!

I look forward to reading it! I've been checking in on swooptheworld every day...

Quote: (04-10-2014 06:10 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

Stay out of old habana. I was just there.

Jesus christ man....

Get a casa paticular, forget the hotel. Cuc is the same as USD. So 20 cuc = 20 dollars

You cant bring girls back to a hotel without said bribes.

And you can almost completely forget not paying for sex period.

If anyone says they didnt pay girls then they either are lying or they just refused to pay them after sex.

Its a pay culture.

Definetly doing the causa paticular.

Whats your quick verdict on Cuba then? I am obviously not a fan of paying any girl other then buying her a drink and even then...

I only have my phone at here and internet is super patchy. I have been trying to read past threads, seems a lot of people have been banned for bad data so its hard to know plus but its slow going on the phone.

I will be sure to check them out when I get back to town next week. Apologies if all this has been covered before which I am guessing it has.

Do you speak spanish? If no, then it's going to be for pay more than likely. NO ONE you meet will meet will speak English other than people you don't want to meet (guys looking to make money off you or hookers) or Tourism workers.

You really really need to know where you are going otherwise you'll just go to shitty places non stop in terms of meeting non pro woman. The problem is unlike other places girls and people in general don't have access to the internet and whats hot isn't known by 99.99999% of the Cuban population.

Based on the fact that you mentioned Varadero and posted a place in Vedado which is 2-3 hours away, you are already handicapping yourself.

Really Cuba can be absolutely great. But it takes time and you've gotta work your way into it. It's not a place where you are going to go and just bang girl after girl for free. Even the top musicians aren't able to do that there. If you spend a lot of time there though it can be a magical place. It's just nothing happens fast in Cuba.

The place you posted is in a residential area of Vedado by... I believe its roughly Calle D y 7 if you look at a map of Cuba. If you look at a map you'll see its location. I recognize the park as its a block from a couple places I've stayed at. The location is good for someone who knows what they are doing as its a middle class area close to Linea (popular taxi collectivo route) but it's pretty quiet. I go to a gym in that area sometimes. 3D cafe is nearby which is a good date place. (owned by Robertico a popular comedian) The best apartment building in Cuba which all the girls gawk at is also nearby. You'll know what I'm talking about immediately. Don't bother renting there though as the most basic place is $120 a night. If you have a very good bankroll / splitting with friends perhaps try the Atlantic Penthouse South or North. (both $1000 a night...om a two week stay in low season perhaps $800 a night) Otherwise stick to the places in the 35 a night range. Anything lower and they will be dumps. Even 35 a night doesn't mean much...sometimes its good sometimes its not.

Not trying to criticize as I've loved your posts on the oil sands. It seems this was a bit of a spur of the moment trip though which can be great but Cuba is a bit of a tough place to pull that off as once you are on the ground you really won't have any contact with the outside world.

I second what Fisto said. It's really hard to find a Cuban girl who is not P4P. Espically in Varadero where they are there for the $$$.
BUT it can be done elsewhere if you know where to go - like the main town squares where people are chilling drinking cheap rum at night. (In Havana, check out the oceanfront in Vedado on weekends.)

In Varadero, you're best bet is to hit on tourists if you want the ride. Try Casa de la Musica.

If you want a Casa Particular, you can just pick one up when you land. Me and another forum member found several places around 23.141662,-81.273842 on Google maps. They give you you're own key so you can bang without trouble [Image: wink.gif]

Casa de la Musica is 99.9 percent pay. (no offense Mark)

Listen to Lavidaloca. Cuba is his specialty.

If I were you, I would go because I want to see a culture stuck back in time. Not for the women (although they are gorgeous).

You need time there to learn the ropes. Just adjusting to the duel currencies is a pain in the ass, and a way you will lose money.

I'd go elsewhere if you want to run the gamut on some women.

Irish, I'm going to just give you a simple break down of do's and don'ts notes.

-Do bring $100+ a day on top of accommodation and airfare. On a short trip for someone not in the know I'd say $150 might be ideal. If you more than 1 guy deep 100+ above accommodation and airfare is fine.

-For others if you are on a lower budget you probably will be home a lot. I think most people would agree it's surprisingly expensive. You just get smoked a bit everywhere and it adds up. The currency exchange, the taxi, the food, the drinks...everywhere along the way.

-In other countries you have simple methods of mass communication like badoo, dominicancupid etc. In Cuba there is none of that. Many girls don't have a cell phone (the phone they have with them could very well be shared by their entire family and cause shes out of the house she brings it with her). Getting a sim is $3 aday. Internet is $2.25 (30 minutes), $4.50 (1 hour) at ETECSA. In hotels more.

-Don't bring out your new "friend." The guy will undoubtedly be a hustler and not be of benefit to your whatsoever.

-I bring one guy out with me in Havana, hes late 30s (looks about 10 years younger) and a male dancer (non-gay). Girls instantly like him because he comes off as down to earth as oppose to the guy telling the girl that he'll buy the drinks so the "yuma" overpays. I've never met another decent guy in Havana who I'd want to go out with except for a few foreigners.

-Do watch your mouth if you end up at one of the upper class places like Shangri-La. The guy to your right may very well be the kid of someone very important, to your left his personal plain clothes security and ahead an ambassador of ____ country.

-The closer you are to hotels, the more likely the place is a rip off joint. If a place is charging 10+ per plate look at the interior, is it very nice for Cuba, look at the other customers are there many (there should be), look outside are there modern vehicles (there should be)...if 2/3 of these are missing, you are probably going to get hosed. (i.e. food well beyond what it should be priced.)

-There are 2 casa de la musicas. The one which Mark has alluded to in his blog post is on Galiano (Centro Habana)... It typically plays reggaeton Monday, Tuesday and Sunday nights. It is a hooker joint or dead zone. (depending on the band) By dead zone I mean no one goes. Sometimes due to police presence. There other one in Miramar has a more salsa presence. Still I would have to say it is again more working girl oriented. 1 night a month or perhaps the gods align and casa de la musica is incredible. I don't know why this is. It's just for whatever reason all of Havana decides to descend upon it and lots of beautiful woman that aren't working end up there. Still ends up with 50%+ working chicks on that night, but due to venue size (big) and lack of competition it is good. With that said the other 29 nights its bad.

-Cuba is best experienced if you are 1 of 2 types:

1) stupid amounts of time. (with a decent bankroll...75+ CUC a day)
2) a very high bankroll

-Its a place where you either absolutely fall in love with it and don't stop going back. Or you hate it.

-Learn where collectivo routes are if you want to save money, I could write for an hour straight on this but I don't have the energy.

-Innovate on where you meet girls. Re: it probably won't be in night clubs. All the best girls I've had I met while they were working. Typically dancing in cabaret shows/ other nightlife shows. But that's a different angle and I play on a lot of local knowledge to manage that. In terms of one night stand club approaches I really haven't had great results.

-If someone starts talking to you first, ignore them...act like you don't speak English, or Italian or Russian.

-If a girl stares at you, there's a reason and it isn't because you look like Enrique Iglesias unfortunately. This is what typically causes people to think all girls are hookers. Its just the girls who give strong indicators of interest usually are.

-check out all the areas. Don't just stay in Centro Havana / Havana Vieja/ Vedado. Explore a bit. Spend time in Guanabo, playas del este, miramar, marina hemmingway etc. You'll enjoy it a lot more that way.

-Everyone will try to sell you cigars and they all have a job at the cigar factory or there cousin does. They don't. The cigars are home rolled. Some will be duds.

-Price before you go anywhere or buy anything. Don't go to a restaurant and order a drink before knowing the price. Don't jump in a taxi and think hes gonna put the meter on.

-If someone asks you if you want cigars or chicas, and you don't respond then he says chicos...don't get silly with him and tell him you prefer trannies. Why? Because he will be chasing you down with what he believes to be your preferred type.

For reference this is casa de la musica galiano...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a73OjOSeJwQ

Don't get your hopes up to much. Single girls there will be looking for some dough. The Cuban guy there aren't going there to game. They are going for the music and "to be there." Typically the male crowd is heavily street type people...not homeless but hustlers who go there to spend their weeks earnings.

The guys with tables are foreigners and Cubans living in Miami. I don't want to stereotype but if you are looking for Cuban Americans to befriend that's probably the worst place to do so.

I'll do a data sheet on my experience there in the next few days, I spend less than 60 buck per day (probably less, have to look) including lodging.

Lavidaloca has excellent points, I only feel a little more informed (on the monetary side) simply because I was stuck in the counter and HAD to find the cheapest options since I couldn't get any money in being an american.

Quote: (04-10-2014 09:03 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Do you speak spanish? If no, then it's going to be for pay more than likely. NO ONE you meet will meet will speak English other than people you don't want to meet (guys looking to make money off you or hookers) or Tourism workers.

You really really need to know where you are going otherwise you'll just go to shitty places non stop in terms of meeting non pro woman. The problem is unlike other places girls and people in general don't have access to the internet and whats hot isn't known by 99.99999% of the Cuban population.

Based on the fact that you mentioned Varadero and posted a place in Vedado which is 2-3 hours away, you are already handicapping yourself.

Really Cuba can be absolutely great. But it takes time and you've gotta work your way into it. It's not a place where you are going to go and just bang girl after girl for free. Even the top musicians aren't able to do that there. If you spend a lot of time there though it can be a magical place. It's just nothing happens fast in Cuba.

The place you posted is in a residential area of Vedado by... I believe its roughly Calle D y 7 if you look at a map of Cuba. If you look at a map you'll see its location. I recognize the park as its a block from a couple places I've stayed at. The location is good for someone who knows what they are doing as its a middle class area close to Linea (popular taxi collectivo route) but it's pretty quiet. I go to a gym in that area sometimes. 3D cafe is nearby which is a good date place. (owned by Robertico a popular comedian) The best apartment building in Cuba which all the girls gawk at is also nearby. You'll know what I'm talking about immediately. Don't bother renting there though as the most basic place is $120 a night. If you have a very good bankroll / splitting with friends perhaps try the Atlantic Penthouse South or North. (both $1000 a night...om a two week stay in low season perhaps $800 a night) Otherwise stick to the places in the 35 a night range. Anything lower and they will be dumps. Even 35 a night doesn't mean much...sometimes its good sometimes its not.

Not trying to criticize as I've loved your posts on the oil sands. It seems this was a bit of a spur of the moment trip though which can be great but Cuba is a bit of a tough place to pull that off as once you are on the ground you really won't have any contact with the outside world.

Thanks a million man.

Ya it is spur of the moment. One of the guys I work with has a girlfriend down there so has invited me and another guy down. He is well hooked up with the locals so has some good inside knowledge.

The site I linked was more about that actual website rather then the location it linked to. Ill go wherever people recommend.

I speak very limited spanish. Again Im looking to not pay but whatever it will be a good trip regardless. I only have my phone. Ill will write up more next week as to what the plan is.

Thanks for all the info.

Quote: (04-10-2014 11:01 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

I'll do a data sheet on my experience there in the next few days, I spend less than 60 buck per day (probably less, have to look) including lodging.

Lavidaloca has excellent points, I only feel a little more informed (on the monetary side) simply because I was stuck in the counter and HAD to find the cheapest options since I couldn't get any money in being an american.

I do roughly 100 CUC for comparison a day on long term stays. (months) I still feel constrained on 100 CUC. Fisto can probably tell you on 60 dollars a day it was pretty tight and it really isn't enough to be able to leverage it to your advantage. 60 dollars a day is roughly 54 CUC. Leaving him with probably about 30-35 CUC if he had really cheap lodging.

An extra 30 dollars each for 2 guys, is a table and good bottle (Reserva or better) at a nice night club.

An additional 30 dollars is dinner for 2 at a restaurant at what is considered a very high end restaurant in Cuba. (Lobster included)

It's good that your buddy's hooked up. Be skeptical though of the people around him. If they are overly friendly towards you...he may be hooked up in a bad way. (Most tourists) You'll know what I mean when it happens if it does. Especially if he has guy(s) with him who seem to always be with him, speak english and seemingly know half the neighborhood.

Honestly, if your buddy has a girlfriend there you'll get laid 100% because his girlfriend will have a girl who wants a tourist for sure. I'd take advantage of that situation.

You'll have a good time just having a buddy with you. I find Cuba can be somewhat lonely when you are a lone foreigner as there isn't much of an expat scene unless you are 40+ and make friends with the older foreign business men and ambassadors. This lack of other foreigners is probably what causes a lot of guys to get trapped in the process of bringing there jinetero friend everywhere. The problem is when you have one of these guys with you it's like walking around with a big $ sign on your head except not the type regular girls want to be seen around.

My one buddy (Cuban) who goes out with me has provided huge dividends. Simply because hes probably the nicest guy most of these people will ever meet , Hes a good dancer (which helps with the ballerina crowd).

It pays dividends for me on a lot of levels

1) I have a wing

2) Girls like him (they wouldn't date him but hes more "the best friend" type.)

3) I fall out of the short-term tourist, sex-tourist what have you stereotype.

4) The dancers (they love to dance) like dancing casino with him. It helps hold them at our table and keep the friends there. (Contrary to popular belief most Cuban men don't actually dance well.)

5) It disarms the girls I prefer (dancers and models) and gives me an in as he was part of the industry even though he doesn't know the current crop mentioning that seems to instantly make them more comfortable. I'm not sure why this is from a game standpoint.

These are the types of friends you want to have. Try to avoid guys who you meet who tell you an english first name (Charlie, Tony, William, Michael, Peter, Thomas), and the guys who speak english too well. They are typically entrenched in the intermediary zone but that usually involves hookers.

I've never met a hustler who told me his name was Yuneilixis. I've met a ton who went by very english names. There are exceptions to the rule but it's a good hard and fast rule.

@Fisto & LaVidaLoca: No offense taken. Atlantic was asking about Varadero. I should have clarified I was referring to the Casa de la Musica in Varadero, not the two in Havana (one of which is 99% P4P as you mentioned). In the Varadero one, many tourists go there and you can pick up.

I was there on a Tuesday night and it was the only place rocking. On other nights, the best party is supposedly at the Continental hotel.

Another note: There is a cover. When I first arrived it was a comedy show so I thought I had been duped. However, afterwards (around 11) it turned into a nightclub.