rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Putin is about to drop his antidote to Western culture

He's creating a cultural bible that will be used as a template for maintaining traditional Russian culture:

Quote:Quote:

A document called "Foundations of the State Cultural Policy" has been under development since 2012. A special working group under Putin's chief of staff Sergei Ivanov will soon roll it out for a month of "public debate" before Putin gets to sign it. Quotes from the culture ministry's draft, presumably the basis for the final one, have leaked out.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/20...in-writing

Here's the leaked portion: http://www.ng.ru/politics/2014-04-04/2_cultura.html

Upon first glance, it appears very friendly to a traditional conservative viewpoint (Google translation):

The document states: "It seems reasonable to include in the thesis document renouncing the principles of multiculturalism and tolerance. Preserving a single cultural code requires the rejection of state support for cultural projects, imposing alien values ​​to society norms."

[Image: ohshit.gif]

Of course I understand the practical application of this, that a foreigner such as myself would not be welcome in the motherland unless I strictly adhere to Russian customs and rules.

Preserving a single cultural code requires the rejection of state support for cultural projects, imposing alien values ​​to society norms

But isn't the whole project state sponsored?

The state has always meddled in this sort of thing, for better or worse.

I guess if Mugabe rejects western culture he's a tyrant. If Putin does it, he's the saviour of tradition.

I guess if Mugabe rejects western culture he's a tyrant. If Putin does it, he's the saviour of tradition.

Straw man detected. Link to someone on the forum calling Mugabe a tyrant but Putin a savior?

This can only have an effect for better or worse on western culture. What will be interesting is to see how US politicians and parties will react to this, and ignites further societal debate. Do Republicans continue with their 'hate all things Russia' response like they did with Crimea, even though their ideology is similar, and anti-liberal? How does Obama stand up to this?

[Image: popcorn3.gif]

Quote: (04-05-2014 06:05 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Of course I understand the practical application of this, that a foreigner such as myself would not be welcome in the motherland unless I strictly adhere to Russian customs and rules.

Roosh, this will not be the practical application. In fact it's unlikely to impact you very much at all. There are no such phantom "Russian customs" that you will be forced to adhere to. The oldest Russian custom I know about which is occasionally forced on foreigners is the need to bribe corrupt officials. I do not expect it to change.

The true practical application will be the same it's ever been in Mother Russia, from the more or less brutal Czars to the monstrous Commies and on to Mr Putin: another way for whatever thugs are in power at the time to censor and persecute those who displease them or stand in their way.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Putin is only 5'7. Nobody will take this seriously in fact he's not even qualified to date on Ok cupid in his own country.

I would love to take him fishing.. Just two 5'7 dudes spearing snook and punching sharks in the face with no chance of getting any other sort of tail but.. it's ok.

I wish the manosphere would seek to expand the Red-Pill-Perception by reading Antony Sutton, Carrol Quigley or Alan Watt realizing thus that Russia is part of the international dichotomy. There is always a need for an enemy (even a fake one) and the last independent Russia ended with the Czar.

Nevertheless Russia will remain behind in the feminist ideology for some time - partly because of economic reasons. Japan is even farther behind despite the effeminized men there.

Quote: (04-05-2014 06:40 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I would love to take him fishing.. Just two 5'7 dudes spearing snook and punching sharks in the face with no chance of getting any other sort of tail but.. it's ok.

LOL that is a fucking superb vision!! F'ing awesome Mech sometimes you still surprise me.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Quote:Roosh Wrote:

Straw man detected. Link to someone on the forum calling Mugabe a tyrant but Putin a savior?

Putin is trying to cement his own legitimacy at home just as any third world dictator would. He calls himself a man of the people, he will enact bills to 'protect culture' and the 'Russian citizens' with the true intent of tightening the noose on any political opposition he may face in the future.

He will put in place more restrictions on media and freedom of speech in the name of morality and cultural preservation.

He is using the cultural card to make himself tsar. And people want to turn a blind eye to his tricks. If the oil prices in Europe dip when America lifts the export ban on oil and LNG he wants to be prepared, as his country is becoming a rickety petro state.

This is dictatorship 101.

Quote: (04-05-2014 06:48 PM)DjembaDjemba Wrote:  

his country is becoming a rickety petro state.

[Image: 437161754_640.jpg]

Rickety petro state?

Methinks doth protest too much....

We should start a kickstarter to get Mech and Putin together.

Quote:Roosh Wrote:

Putin is trying to cement his own legitimacy at home just as any third world dictator would. He calls himself a man of the people, he will enact bills to 'protect culture' and the 'Russian citizens' with the true intent of tightening the noose on any political opposition he may face in the future.

He will put in place more restrictions on media and freedom of speech in the name of morality and cultural preservation.

He is using the cultural card to make himself tsar. And people want to turn a blind eye to his tricks. If the oil prices in Europe dip when America lifts the export ban on oil and LNG he wants to be prepared, as his country is becoming a rickety petro state.

This is dictatorship 101.

Yeah I agree. While I can admire a strong, crafty leader like Putin, I'm not on board with the love for him. He's a clinical psychopath, a corrupt dictator and has no doubt ordered hits on many of his political and personal enemies. Just because he seems to represent the opposite tendency to what we deplore about the west doesn't make him a role model.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Putin is trying to cement his own legitimacy at home just as any third world dictator would.

Like him or not, his legitimacy in Russia has long since been cemented.

He is using the cultural card to make himself tsar.

Far from 'using the cultural card', the tsars were probably the strongest influence of Western European culture in Russia's entire history: Peter I practically copied everything he could from that part of the world (including fashion).

Unless you judge leaders to be tyrants purely based on their willingness to promote western culture, I don't see the relevance of the comparison.

Quote: (04-05-2014 07:01 PM)soup Wrote:  

We should start a kickstarter to get Mech and Putin together.

That would be great. I probably wouldn't need to tie his lines or bait his hooks or for that matter have to watch him at the bar or worry about what kind of white knight cockblock he'd turn into after a day on the water and a couple bottles of vodka and some beers. I'm sure he's a fucking champ.

As far as I understand, it's going to reject all the western values that we complain about. Poland has already been westernized in the last 10 years and Roosh wrote on this recently. I'm afraid Ukraine will also follow Poland after the upcoming elections. From a purely pragmatic point of view, this thing (bible? law? draft?) is something that we will be thanking to in 10-to-20 years when everywhere but Russia becomes little stereotypes of U.S and gets spoiled by obesity, feminism, gay culture, tourist invasions, smartphones, welfare laws and all the rest that makes the world a darker place for a traditional man who likes to travel and make love to beautiful feminine women.

I don't see the problem with this except for ethics (that only concern Russian citizens), so help me understand the problem.

Quote: (04-05-2014 06:05 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Roosh you already speak Russian, understand the culture and know what to do and exactly what not to do in case you are to ever pay a visit to mother Russia. I think you're safe. If anything, this is a great opportunity to preserve the motherland from sex tourists who cockblock you and us directly and indirectly.

Nothing wrong with what he us doing as long as it is for the preservation of future generations if Russians. This is nothing new, many countries have similar practices if not written. For example Qatar has practices in order to preserve its culture. Nothing wrong with that. Being a visitor, on a worker permit or whatever,,,,you are a guest in the country and even if you don't like certain traditions you need to respect and obey them. Or else you will be on the next plane out.

Nationalism in Europe or that part of the world is nothing new. Somehow a lot of wars were fought when nationalism started. In this case, aside from Crimea it will be peaceful IMHO. Crimea will join Russia eventually as most of the population is ethnic Russian so nationalism and Russian pride will increase thoughout the land. But that is another topic.

Hopefully some of this will rub off on some politicians in the west who will not bow down to elements or people who want to bring their culture and land downwards. I will wait and see what the end result is. If the Russian people are happier with all elements of his plan, good for them.

If anyone thinks that the leader that succeeds Putin will be more liberal, they are mistaken. The proles of Russia either back Putin or are even more nationalistic. Surprisingly Putin has strong support even in the southern (Muslim) Republics. Obviously there is still an armed conflict, but some of the most fervent Putin supporters can be found in Chechnya. Why? Chechnya has been rebuilt and most of the conflict now occurs in Dagestan. The president of the Chechen republic leaves little room for dissent, but in turn has cleaned up the place. The southern Republics receive tons of subsidies from the government, and while Putin flirts with the nationalists, he discourages any types of divisions in Russian society based on ethnicity.

More importantly, educated (and young) Russians are hardly more liberal than the proles.

I don't think that this policy of rejecting "Western decadence" will be reversed in the next 10-20 years by his successor, mainly because of the West's successful efforts to alienate the majority of Russian citizens through its cynical attacks on Sochi and interference in Ukraine.

If one thing can unite the Orthodox Christian majority and the Muslims of the South, it is the rejection of homosexual marriage. It will be a mistake for the West to continue pursuing this as an international policy priority

Quote: (04-05-2014 07:48 PM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

As far as I understand, it's going to reject all the western values that we complain about. Poland has already been westernized in the last 10 years and Roosh wrote on this recently. I'm afraid Ukraine will also follow Poland after the upcoming elections.

Ukraine has a long way to go before it can be compared with Poland. Poland had a successful economic turnaround which supported the "Westernization" of their society. Not to mention that Poland has always been more Western than Ukraine. They are Catholic like most of Western Europe and during their periods of independence their society was much more democratic, even their kings were "elected" by councils of nobles.

Ukraine's outlook is absolute shit, IMF loans notwithstanding. It will be a long time before Ukraine gets close to catching up with Poland, and that is only if they are actually offered EU membership.

I can sympathize with this to some extent. As globalization has picked up its pace, and the erosion of values that have been in place for hundreds (if not thousands) of years proceeds, there is going to be some push-back. The abuses and excesses of the West are going to generate a counter-reaction. But cultural pride should not degenerate into blind intolerance and persecution of minorities.

It's interesting that Czarist Russia also saw itself as "neither East nor West", and the preserver of Orthodox Christianity. Things have come full circle.

Maybe the future of Europe will hold some sort of return to "traditional" values. It's not unthinkable. Will the higher birthrates of Catholic countries undo the effects of the Reformation, and reclaim for Rome the authority or lands lost to Protestantism? We don't really know.

To me, if a government is looking to preserve culture, the best way to do this is to promote the language of the country. This is the key. The language is really the heart of the culture. I wish more countries would resist the inroads of English, and completely use their own languages within their borders. Everything else is secondary to this, in my opinion.

Quote: (04-05-2014 08:15 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

To me, if a government is looking to preserve culture, the best way to do this is to promote the language of the country. This is the key. The language is really the heart of the culture. I wish more countries would resist the inroads of English, and completely use their own languages within their borders. Everything else is secondary to this, in my opinion.

And here in the US we have no official language while descending into mediocrity.

Coincidence? I think not.

Language is only one component of what binds together a society. The US has flourished historically, often with lesser degrees of English spoken throughout, because nationalism unified people of diverse ancestry. In more ethnically homogenous societies (e.g. France, Italy, Russia) language and genetics take the place of nationalism.

Not sure if having an official language causes mediocrity, otherwise Switzerland, Belgium, etc. would be quite different.

Quote: (04-05-2014 09:15 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

And here in the US we have no official language while descending into mediocrity.

Coincidence? I think not.

[Image: icon_lol.gif]

the US is descending into mediocrity because the people don't want to do anything, they're entitled, and they hurt themselves via overworking, not eating healthy, and spoiling the women beyond belief. add to the fact that a lot of freedoms are getting restricted in the name of "equality."

that has nothing to do with language...

^^^Nowhere did I say it was the ONLY reason.

the best way to preserve culture is for children to be taught correctly from their parents. language isn't the heart of a culture. language is just a system that allows communication between individuals.

and countries won't resist the inroads for english. countries want to advance economically and get more interconnected with the world to make their societies richer. one can speak english while still speaking their native language....

Quote: (04-05-2014 10:21 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

^^^Nowhere did I say it was the ONLY reason.

you were trying to link the lack of the US having an official language with it falling into the shit it's falling.