rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Learned about Homeless and Cops

So I was going out, walking solo in downtown (busy night so not dangerous)

and i was approached by a homeless guy, felt in the talkative mood so i told him to walk with me...he obviously campaigned for money, and i told him to do work etc...at the end he threatened to break my car windows unless i gave him money, so i gave him under 5...

and i went to the cop right next to us to inform he and the cop was basically, "get the fuck out of here!" call 911 if you think its an emergency... got pretty pissed and started yelling back...
yea... luckily i walked away in time..

unless you guys have some stories to share, am I rite to never mess with cops or homeless again?

Were you sober?

Quote: (04-05-2014 09:50 AM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Were you sober?

buzzed, why?

Quote: (04-05-2014 09:51 AM)Blackliter Wrote:  

Quote: (04-05-2014 09:50 AM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Were you sober?

buzzed, why?

Because of the cop's reaction. Maybe he thought that you were more drunk than you actually were.

Correct. Unless you are a professional, don't engage the homeless.

And a cop is there for public safety, not a homeroom teacher present to enforce 'fairness'. When you do something to put yourself in bad straight don't complain to the cops.

How did the conversation transition to him threatening to break your car windows? I feel like there's some missing conversational pieces here... I've never had a conversation escalate to that point.

Quote: (04-05-2014 11:23 AM)Earth Wrote:  

How did the conversation transition to him threatening to break your car windows? I feel like there's some missing conversational pieces here... I've never had a conversation escalate to that point.

He said it in a casual matter-of-fact-tone that if I didn't give him money he would break my windows. "mans gotta do what a man's gotta do". He approached me when i stepped out of the car and walked with me for 200 feet.

i didn't get upset or anything, calm & collected, just gave him a $1 to maybe dissuade from him breaking a window..

Quote: (04-05-2014 01:04 PM)Blackliter Wrote:  

He said it in a casual matter-of-fact-tone that if I didn't give him money he would break my windows. "mans gotta do what a man's gotta do". He approached me when i stepped out of the car and walked with me for 200 feet.

i didn't get upset or anything, calm & collected, just gave him a $1 to maybe dissuade from him breaking a window..

My first thing I say to homeless people when they ask for money is that I don't carry cash on me. In your original thread you said that you "told him to do work" which sounds like something he could have taken offense to...

Quote: (04-05-2014 09:47 PM)Earth Wrote:  

Quote: (04-05-2014 01:04 PM)Blackliter Wrote:  

My first thing I say to homeless people when they ask for money is that I don't carry cash on me. In your original thread you said that you "told him to do work" which sounds like something he could have taken offense to...

Perfect, I'll use that line from now on. Yea we basically had a 2 minute discussion why he was homeless... was telling him to improve lol in a nice way.. lazy bastard.

Quote: (04-06-2014 09:04 AM)Blackliter Wrote:  

Perfect, I'll use that line from now on. Yea we basically had a 2 minute discussion why he was homeless... was telling him to improve lol in a nice way.. lazy bastard.

Mate, anything you say in that vein will come across the wrong way to a guy who's sleeping rough and thirty-six hours since his last fix...

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Why would you be afraid of a homeless guy? Homeless guys are not known for having big muscles or bad-ass fighting skills. Homeless guys as a rule don't have guns because guns can be sold for cash and cash can buy alcohol. If he threatens to break windows, just park your car elsewhere if you plan on leaving your car unsupervised. If you are not leaving the vicinity of your car then well... man if you cannot even AMOG a hobo then you have a lot to work on, lol. How did he even knew it was your car? Why did you tell him? Why did you even spoke to him?

The very idea of talking to a hobo and getting robbed by one seems very comical to me. Don't tell girls this story.

Quote: (04-08-2014 07:42 AM)Mage Wrote:  

If he threatens to break windows, just park your car elsewhere if you plan on leaving your car unsupervised. If you are not leaving the vicinity of your car then well... man if you cannot even AMOG a hobo then you have a lot to work on, lol. How did he even knew it was your car?

You missed in the thread where he said that the homeless guy approached him as soon as he got out of his car, so obviously that's how the homeless guy knew it was his car.

Quote: (04-06-2014 12:30 PM)roberto Wrote:  

Mate, anything you say in that vein will come across the wrong way to a guy who's sleeping rough and thirty-six hours since his last fix...

What roberto said is very accurate. MANY homeless are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. Beyond that, even if some of it is self-imposed, many of them have had HARD lives and have been in and out of jail.

Think about that. Seriously, think about it. To make a bad analogy, this is effectively like poking a wild starving dog with a stick (by calling the guy lazy or telling him to get a job). You think that's nice?

Quote: (04-05-2014 09:41 AM)Blackliter Wrote:  

unless you guys have some stories to share, am I rite to never mess with cops or homeless again?

You would be "RIGHT" to NEVER mess with a cop. Especially while under the influence. That's just asking for trouble and to get a public intoxication ticket. You are literally wasting the time of someone who is put in dangerous situations every day. Also, you should never be volunteering any information of any kind to cops anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Quote: (04-08-2014 02:19 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

Quote: (04-08-2014 07:42 AM)Mage Wrote:  

If he threatens to break windows, just park your car elsewhere if you plan on leaving your car unsupervised. If you are not leaving the vicinity of your car then well... man if you cannot even AMOG a hobo then you have a lot to work on, lol. How did he even knew it was your car?

You missed in the thread where he said that the homeless guy approached him as soon as he got out of his car, so obviously that's how the homeless guy knew it was his car.

Quote: (04-06-2014 12:30 PM)roberto Wrote:  

What roberto said is very accurate. MANY homeless are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. Beyond that, even if some of it is self-imposed, many of them have had HARD lives and have been in and out of jail.

Think about that. Seriously, think about it. To make a bad analogy, this is effectively like poking a wild starving dog with a stick (by calling the guy lazy or telling him to get a job). You think that's nice?

Quote: (04-05-2014 09:41 AM)Blackliter Wrote:  

You would be "RIGHT" to NEVER mess with a cop. Especially while under the influence. That's just asking for trouble and to get a public intoxication ticket. You are literally wasting the time of someone who is put in dangerous situations every day. Also, you should never be volunteering any information of any kind to cops anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Thanks, I watched the entire video....definitely makes it clear.

And to answer Mage, I am very far away from AMOG-ing anyone...
The homeless guy was bigger than me and probably stronger, and I don't run a strong conversation or presence yet.