rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Removing Malware

Removing Malware

I keep getting this fucking annoying malware called Conduit install itself into my browser and PC. I've removed it about 4 times from my multiple PCs lately.

It takes over the search of your browser and it's a major pain to get rid of because it always finds a way back.

I found this guide online to uninstall it and it works pretty well.
Thought I'd share.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-cond...d-toolbar/

For the most part Windows Defender on Windows 8 has been pretty good. I can't complain.

Team Nachos

Removing Malware

Can't you just boot the machine up in safe mode and then run malware bytes and c cleaner? Or do a system restore? If that doesn't work you're looking at a reimage.

Removing Malware

There's lots of ways to do it. I'm just sharing what worked for me.

Team Nachos

Removing Malware

you know I got my first tech job after finding out how to do maintenance basics after a bout with a blue screen virus lol. those things can get serious

Removing Malware

Quote: (03-26-2014 09:33 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I love that CNET bundles bloatware in their software packages.

Removing Malware

Quote: (03-26-2014 09:34 PM)DetlefMourning Wrote:  

That's probably CNET's main revenue stream.

Removing Malware

Quote: (03-26-2014 09:32 PM)DetlefMourning Wrote:  

Can't you just boot the machine up in safe mode and then run malware bytes and c cleaner? Or do a system restore? If that doesn't work you're looking at a reimage.

Malwarebytes is a great program. It's still a good idea to go into the registry to make sure everything is removed.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Removing Malware

Quote: (03-26-2014 09:45 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

Quote: (03-26-2014 09:32 PM)DetlefMourning Wrote:  

Malwarebytes is a great program. It's still a good idea to go into the registry to make sure everything is removed.

That's where C Cleaner comes in. Does it for you. [Image: smile.gif]

Removing Malware

Quote: (03-26-2014 09:43 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Quote: (03-26-2014 09:34 PM)DetlefMourning Wrote:  

That's probably CNET's main revenue stream.

You know, on second thought, you're probably right about that.

Removing Malware

There's a program called The Dell De-Crapifier that I've used before.
It's self explanatory on what it does [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Removing Malware

I had this recently, i thought the manosphere getting shit on.

Picked up malware from firstly roosh's blog, then captain capitalism, then B&D in the space of a week. All 3 would launch browsers in full screen mode.

They tended to aggregate across 3 dirs and in your registry.

Removing Malware

start buying virus protection specifically for your system

Removing Malware

Malwarebytes also has a forum that is excellent. There are many walkthrough tutorials on how to remove malware and also a sub forum where you can create a thread specifically about computer problems you have and have a personal walkthrough from an expert for free. It's akin to a newbie learning game from reading and posting on the forum.

I've brought a couple of computers back from the dead by posting my problems on their forum.

Removing Malware

You could *combofix* but you have to be very careful

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

Removing Malware

Quote: (03-26-2014 09:25 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I keep getting this fucking annoying malware called Conduit install itself into my browser and PC. I've removed it about 4 times from my multiple PCs lately.

It takes over the search of your browser and it's a major pain to get rid of because it always finds a way back.

I found this guide online to uninstall it and it works pretty well.
Thought I'd share.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-cond...d-toolbar/

For the most part Windows Defender on Windows 8 has been pretty good. I can't complain.

I actually have the same problem but have been to lazy to clean it up. I'll try your guide.

Removing Malware

For adware/spyware, both Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy have worked for me. For general antivirus, Avast has been rock solid, though it seems it's starting to get bloated with all this new stuff they're trying to push on you.

Removing Malware

I've been using Kaspersky Anti-virus (basic package) going on my 3rd year this year. I have not had a single rooted virus (that I can recognize, not saying some aren't lurking sapping subtle performance in the background), or any problems for that matter.

I used to go the free route of AntiVir, Malware Bytes, Spybot S&D, Reg-Cleaner, etc... and still run those now and then. For $70 or so I got a 2-year script for 3 computers. Kaspersky is always rated top 1-2 in performance. Worth the cost IMHO.

Removing Malware

A buddy of mine is an IT guy at a local college. He had me download 3 programs that said my computer would run more smoothly. one was Malware bytes which is great but he had two other programs which I love nad keep my computer running smoothly First is Glary Utillities, it basically is an all around maintenance thing. you can organize and fix registry, delete duplicate files, unused files and folders, clear tracks, not the best malware program but does scan malware. Also lets you access everything in your control panel fromthis program.

Another one was revo uninstaller. Sure you can uninstall something in your control panel or even in glary utilities but it still leaves junk behind in your registry. Revo uninstaller gets every last trace of the program and clears it off your computer.

Removing Malware

Don't use your Win7 PCs admin account as your "everyday" use one. Make a second one for yourself and elevate whenever you need to change something or install a program. Any malware that gets on your PC running as a regular user will be restricted to infecting only your profile folder and registry making it easier to remove.

Even innocent websites can get flagged for spam/malware by FF or Google. Our site has been nailed multiple times because of the banner ads we run. There are some lazy banner companies who don't vet their ads very well, or audit them after they're running and people sneak them in. Valueclick and Casale have never got us in trouble yet, but the other smaller outfits have.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Removing Malware

Quote: (03-27-2014 09:29 AM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

Don't use your Win7 PCs admin account as your "everyday" use one. Make a second one for yourself and elevate whenever you need to change something or install a program. Any malware that gets on your PC running as a regular user will be restricted to infecting only your profile folder and registry making it easier to remove.

Even innocent websites can get flagged for spam/malware by FF or Google. Our site has been nailed multiple times because of the banner ads we run. There are some lazy banner companies who don't vet their ads very well, or audit them after they're running and people sneak them in. Valueclick and Casale have never got us in trouble yet, but the other smaller outfits have.

That's a good tip. Thanks. I'm guilty of using only one account as administrator.

Team Nachos

Removing Malware

This is how I remove malware from PC
[Image: fuckthat.gif]

Removing Malware

^^ I was waiting for a comment from Emech.

On the other hand, the chromebook does look interesting for web browsing and regular document processing.

$200 for something that lasts 8+ hours.

As long as you're okay giving all your info to Google, which Microsoft and Apple already does.

If you want to be private, you have to use Linux.

Off-topic though.
----------------------
Malwarebytes Pro Lifetime License + Eset Nod32 = A happy computer.
----------------------

Removing Malware

Quote: (03-26-2014 09:25 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I can. I used to be a big advocate of Windows Defender. It's really slipped in quality of late.

I'd recommend that you use the free version of Avast! instead.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"