rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A month in Montreal

A month in Montreal

Ok, after a couple of threads trying to find a wingman here, I'm just going to get on with doing Montreal myself.

Background

I'm here for a month. I've been taking some time out from work to travel solo. I don't have any particular reason for being in Montreal - I just heard it was a cool city with hot women. I also would like to study French (which I used to speak reasonably well but I'm very out of practice).

I'm staying in a prime location (St Laurent Boulevard) in an apartment I found via Air B'n'b.

So far

I pipelined a fair bit before I got here (Match, POF). I've got a few online plates spinning but only one date so far, with Turkish HB7, which went pretty well.

It's cold here, I've arrived right at the end of winter. I'm sure spring/summer would be much better but this is the only time I can be here so I'm going to make the best of it.

There are a lot of hot women about, there's no denying it. Montreal compares favorably to almost any city I've been in. There's just no shortage of targets here.

I only know one person here, a HB7 I met while travelling in the US who is in love with me but I have only limited interest in. I can well imagine calling her after some drunken, unsuccessful night out, but I am going to try not to.

I went out on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Thursday I got a make-out with, ironically I think, a girl from Toronto, HB6 only. After that I don't remember much of the night, but I managed to lose a really expensive coat. Friday I hit up a couple of clubs on my street (which prompted my thread about rude girls in clubs). Saturday, I also hit up a bar (called 'Rouge'). No success really, I just ended up bar hopping with some fun girls from Nova Scotia.

I'm having a really good time so far, albeit with little success. I'm massively jetlagged and need to get into a decent sleeping/eating routine. I run 10km-15km three to four times a week (I know, I know, running on PUA centred forums is one step above being a crack addict. I don't lift. I'm tall and broad shouldered naturally so there's no real need, although I'm sure I could look better if I did. I don't know, I just love running). Anyway I haven't exercised so far. It's been so cold that if I tried to run I'd just get an asthma attack. I hate running indoors but I need to join a gym. Maybe I will give weights a go.

Drinking doesn't really help my game at all but I do enjoy rolling out and getting fairly smashed and into random situations. Maybe I'll limit that to once a week though. Drinking heavily on Thursday, Friday and Saturday has pretty much killed me. Combined with the jetlag and terrible insomnia I'm pretty exhausted.

Wandered out tonight (Monday) down Saint Laurent Boulevard, looking for a bar. I have to be honest, it feels weird going out and looking to chat up girls on Monday night. I just find it hard to be in that mindset at all, so early in the week. Thursdays and Fridays normally work best for me (except in Vegas when any day is good).

I walked into a couple of bars but there were just big groups of younger people (maybe 18-25) celebrating Saint Patrick's Day. Made me shudder, not my thing at all. I like dimly lit lounge bars or clubs, age range 25-40. Can anybody recommend these sorts of places in Montreal? So far I've done Muzique (not bad), Tokyo (bad), Rouge (good), SuWu (good), Pinq Taco (I have no memory of it).

So, very uneventful day but thought I would post anyway. Meeting girl that's in love with me tomorrow, then have dates lined up (all from online) for the rest of the week. But will probably go on those dates then fire out solo after them.

I do feel a bit odd going out solo here, whereas I didn't in Asia at all. Lots of big groups. Any of you guys done Montreal solo?

P.S. started posting these field reports in another forum but thought it was better to post here.

A month in Montreal

Can't comment too much on specific venues but admire you for taking that on solo. Make sure you eat at Joe Beef. I stayed in the Old Port and compared to areas near McGill it was a slower pace but much more oriented on tourists as you'd expect. I'd like to look at getting a place there, don't mind the winters at all.

A month in Montreal

If you want there's a huge international student party at New City Gas this thursday (biggest club in town, comparable to Razzmatazz ) http://interstude.com/fr/rep-your-flag-festival/ if you want to hit foreign girls. I bought my ticket already although i'm working the next day..

Anyway, what any sane Montrealer would recommend it to hit up the Plateau and it's trendy bars for the realfrench/european experience. St-Laurent is allright for clubbing but you will find equally hot girls on the Plateau around Mont-Royal Street and St-Denis in an environment with a better vibe and older/young professional to mid thirty crowd in general and representing truly what Montreal is all about. Try Waverly, St-Edouard, Miss Villeray, Le Pourvoyeur, Taverne St-Sacrement, Mme Lee, Edgard Hypertaverne, Le confessionnal (downtown ok but it's pretty rad..), Rachel Rachel, Bily Kun to start.. I can recommend some other places but these are good to start up. Korova is the place to game and dance on monday nights apparently..

A month in Montreal

Thanks CKSEA. I went out solo on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and it was fine but I don't yet feel nearly as comfortable going out here as I did in Asia. Also not registering a huge amount of interest at the moment. Got that one makeout but that's it so far. Hoping that some of the online dates work out, just to get a couple of girls in rotation. Would still rather meet girls in real life though. Definitely lots of hot women around, no doubt about that. I'm just much more up for targeting girls in pairs (haven't seen any out alone) than in big, mixed groups.

Am questioning a little bit whether coming here for a month solo was a good idea but I'm sure I can make stuff happen.

A month in Montreal

Thanks Roundtree. I've really been looking for someone with local knowledge and/or a wing. That party sounds great but I'm probably too old (mid thirties although most guess my age at 28 or 29).

To be honest I've just stumbled up and down Saint Laurent Boulevard so far. I'm going to check out those places you mentioned this week. Wish I'd known about Korova before. I'm home now and don't think I can muster up the energy to fire out again.

PM me if you fancy grabbing a beer at some point, although if your'e a local I'm guessing you have a good social circle already. I'm still very much finding my feet. I only know one girl in this city. She's in love with me but I don't want to use her as too much of a crutch.

A month in Montreal

Pretty much all the places I mentionned are occupied by young professionals to girls up to 35 so these are great places where you will not find any 18-20 years old boys. I would avoid at all cost Cafe Campus and Foufounes Electriques if you want to stay away from that type of crowd. You could try l'appartement 200 on thursdays (it's some kind of lounge..), I found out it's mostly people from outside the island who goes out there (bourgeois from Brossard, the north shore and the south shore) but the quality of girls (mostly around 22-33) is hard to beat..but it's not a really fun place, more social circle driven..

I work downtown but I don't know much about the bars there, i've tried Newtown (trendy place with fly girls sipping Martinis), Hurley (nice Irish Pub), Le confessionnal (awesome place where I met dentists, doctors partying haha.. [Image: tongue.gif] ), Deville (awesome place to take a date).

In Vieux Port, try la Champagnerie, expensive but there should be a lot of cougar there..! A date took me there it's pretty awesome, huge list of champagnes and if you buy a bottle they show you how to use a saber to open it like Napoleon did after his victories.

A month in Montreal

Quote: (03-17-2014 10:54 PM)MrRoundtree Wrote:  

Pretty much all the places I mentionned are occupied by young professionals to girls up to 35 so these are great places where you will not find any 18-20 years old boys. I would avoid at all cost Cafe Campus and Foufounes Electriques if you want to stay away from that type of crowd. You could try l'appartement 200 on thursdays (it's some kind of lounge..), I found out it's mostly people from outside the island who goes out there (bourgeois from Brossard, the north shore and the south shore) but the quality of girls (mostly around 22-33) is hard to beat..but it's not a really fun place, more social circle driven..

I work downtown but I don't know much about the bars there, i've tried Newtown (trendy place with fly girls sipping Martinis), Hurley (nice Irish Pub), Le confessionnal (awesome place where I met dentists, doctors partying haha.. [Image: tongue.gif] ), Deville (awesome place to take a date).

In Vieux Port, try la Champagnerie, expensive but there should be a lot of cougar there..! A date took me there it's pretty awesome, huge list of champagnes and if you buy a bottle they show you how to use a saber to open it like Napoleon did after his victories.

Awesome, thanks so much. Big help. Yeah, I basically want to avoid places where the youngsters hangout and social circle driven places. Will try some of your recommendations out and report back.

A month in Montreal

I can see the potential of this city in the summer but right now it's just too frigging cold. I actually don't mind the cold at all but places aren't busy, which makes sense.

Am thinking of cutting this month trip short to just a couple of weeks and heading to Miami.