rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working in a Hostel

Working in a Hostel

Anyone worked in a hostel in exchange for room/board? What are the pros and cons? I want to head to either Lima or Panama City for 5 months, so I might work at Casona Roja in Lima or La Jungla in Panama City. Also, if anyone knows of any work opportunities in either city, let me know.

Working in a Hostel

Quote: (01-09-2011 07:30 PM)Romanov Wrote:  

Anyone worked in a hostel in exchange for room/board? What are the pros and cons? I want to head to either Lima or Panama City for 5 months, so I might work at Casona Roja in Lima or La Jungla in Panama City. Also, if anyone knows of any work opportunities in either city, let me know.

You can also work tending the bar at hostel kokopelli in Lima if they have a vacancy open. Not sure of the exact conditions of the job though but I'm sure room is included as I gathered from talking to several of the bartenders.

The guy who owns the joint is a good guy in his own right. He has a regular rotation of young limanese girls over and was explaining to me the intricacies of trying to build a harem in Lima as a foreigner.

Working in a Hostel

I'm emailing that hostel right now... You happen to know the guy's name?

Working in a Hostel

The owners of kokopelli in lima are Roger and Paulo(but apparentely roger stays in mancora where he has another kokopelli) so i guess he s talking about Paulo. They are actually friends with the owners of la casona roja(they used to live together with roger).
In nearly each hostel I have been in peru (lima, cuzco..) I could have stayed work at the bar and have free accomodation (you will proabably never get proposed more than free accomodation) no need to send email in advance, just go there and befriend the guys working, in 20 mins they will offer you to go behind the bar... Yeah i know that the guys in the casona really want some volunteers (they dont want to pay anyone more) the hostel is super cool so you should go there, you will be close to the good clubs in barranco, and be heading with cool guys too (as opposed to kokopelli which is close to pizza street, which is the shittiest nightlife of lima)

Working in a hostel gets you pussies specially if you are not that good at getting pussies usually.(because you lead the girls, show them the clubs around, girls who are being lead get wet..)

PS: in lima i knew a guy who was giving english courses even though he could not speak spanish at all, so this can be another job opportunity
PS2: but as i said in another thread, peruvian girls are not really hot..(im guessing they r better in panama even though i have not been there)
PS3: cuzco has better nightlife but you will fuck mostly other tourists there, and you get proposed jobs in absolutely each hostel in cuzco..