rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Texting / Facebook Killing Cold Approach Game?

Great thread.

The 2000s saw a dramatic acceleration in the growth of female-centric communications technology - namely, the explosion of texting, social networking, and online dating that the OP touched upon. Yet most PUA material was developed in the late 90s/early 2000s, before smartphones and Facebook. IMO PUA theory hasn't kept pace with the evolution of communications technology, especially now that the "seduction community" has morphed into the "seduction industry".

IMO all the growth in technology has had a negative effect on game. Simply, girls today have too many distractions and too many options. When was the last time you saw an attractive young woman traveling alone without iPod earpods, or peering down at her smartphone, or without a cell phone glued to her ear?

There was a time when “getting a number” actually meant something. You’d call her home and she’d pick up, you’d have an actual phone conversation, and you’d set up a date. Seems like something from the Jurassic period, but the older guys here will attest to this.

Now it’s 2011. How many threads have we read here where a guy seemingly has a great interaction with a girl in a club and gets the number, only to have the girl screen out his call or ignore his texts the next day? “Flaking” as a verb didn’t exist in the 90s or earlier – flakes were something that came with dandruff.

It’s funny to read guys in here still crowing about getting numbers. Fellas, numbers means nothing. Girls today give out their number like candy on Halloween. How many of those numbers are translating to dates and lays?

Now guys will come on here and say that it’s all a numbers game – that you need to talk to 100 girls and get 20 numbers, play these little text games, and maybe get 3 dates out of it. Who has time for that sh*t? I have other demands on my time – I work, I study, I work out, volunteer, have hobbies, and spend time with family and friends. Far better to invest in one quality interaction with one quality girl that I’ll be assured of eventually dating and laying.

If Mystery and Style had to contend with today’s bar/club/night game environment (and not the late 90s), Mystery wouldn’t have developed his ingenious Mystery Method and Style wouldn’t have written The Game. They likely would have growing frustrated with the constant cell phones, the constant smartphones, the constant texting and Facebooking, the constant pics-with-digital-cameras and attention-wh*ring, the constant flaking – and quit. There would be no PUA community and no PUA industry. Of course, none of this was epidemic in the late 90s/early 00s because the technology didn’t exist.

Mystery and Style were the right guys that came about in the right place at the right time – in the Web 1.0 era when the internet permitted the anonymous dissemination of information worldwide via newsgroups, but before the machinations of Web 2.0 (social networking, online dating, smartphones & texting) that have killed the game these guys developed for good.

Game 1.0 is dead. It’s time for Game 2.0 – game in the smartphone era.

Women are dumbfounded when I tell them I don't do facebook.... I had it, and got some piece from it,,, but its more of a nuisance for me,,, so turned it off completely. Even if you do have it,, tell them you don't so that you get a number close... I remember Roosh saying something about when you prolong messages on email etc,, the momentum is lost... A number helps keep the momentum going.

Regarding texts,, well they get straight to the point.... no small talk...

You made some good points in your post... We just need to roll with the times, and adapt. True, numbers actually meant something before, but they still do....

Trying to compete for a womans time is challenging since there is facebook, her friends texting her etc etc etc... Years ago,, this didn't exist. However, I would not say these technologies are killing cold approaching. Use them to your advantage.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I hear you on all the distractions...

BUT

If the right man comes along, a girl WILL find time for him.

No girl would spend her time on facebook over hanging out with a MAN she wants. A man the intrigues her. A man that makes her laugh. A man that will fuck the shit out of her.

So let's take no more than 5 minutes to complain about modern times and then let's step up our game.

well isn't it just like regular game? or regular phone game I guess... don't text to chit chat, don't text to screw around. you send one to "open," as in a hello, this is [me], and then you send your location/meetup text. don't give her too much attention irl if she doesn't deserve it/hasn't earned it yet, and you don't give her a lot of digital attention for the same reasons.

I think people are always quick to pronounce that something is "dead". Didn't Wired just run a "Internet is dead" cover not too long ago?

"How many threads have we read here where a guy seemingly has a great interaction with a girl in a club and gets the number, only to have the girl screen out his call or ignore his texts the next day? "

This has ALWAYS happened.

Be careful about blaming technology for game failure.

This is a repost... nothing really changes...

i do think there are bad implications generally from this stuff (texting, facebook, etc)

but it's also an indication of how desperately lonely some girls are, wasting their lives/time on FB all day

so you can give them some real-life stimulation...

I think texting and facebook can actually be a gift and a curse. If used right tho, it can really help you. If your dealing with multiple women, texting can keep you in a lot of girls good graces without requiring a lot of your time. But yea, it can allow a girl to secretly text some guy while your with her, but hey, theres pros and cons to everything.

And facebook has actually helped me more than hurt me. I dont think Ive had a bad facebook experience.....yet...knock on wood tho. But Ive met girls in clubs that didnt really remember what I looked like cause it was dark. Theyll see me on facebook and do a total 180 once they see you and like you. They start looking at your pics and comments from other girls and whatnot, and you have instant social proof and attraction.

You just have to learn to adapt.

Girls are just as horny as they were 10 years ago. In that, nothing has changed. Biology is the same as it has been for a hundred thousand years.

Deal with it and stop whining about technology. And let us know what you find out.

Technology is a double-edged sword. It has definitely CHANGED things, but not necessarily for the worse. Don't get me wrong: I was singing the facebook-and-texting-is-fucking-up-the-game song until very recently. But, let's face it: a REAL player can--and will--adjust his game to ever-changing conditions. Shit, we do it on a DAILY basis. How many times have you pulled under unfavorable conditions? Actually, I think this is the mark between game-repeaters and keyboard players, on the one hand, and true ballers that have internalized their own algorithm on the other. Guys that are still using Mystery's old negs and openers have bigger problems than a girl's white earbuds.

I'm a little like a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu fighter when it comes to the technology. I try to take the bitches to the mat. I disrupt the phone use, abstain from Facebook (don't even have one), and drag them onto my territory. Everything has to keep you from becoming one of the 700 "friends" on her list. In fact, I think that a lot of the younger chicks are re-sensitized to old-school, analog techniques, since they've grown used to the technology betas. I'm seriously considering unearthing some of my old voicemail tricks.

I think the ensuing shorter attention-span (which is really at the heart of the problem) is the bigger challenge. Chicks (like most people these days) need more "entertainment" than before. They want more style over substance, a bigger flash. But, in the end, this is just about changing your presentation. It's the difference between selling an Oldsmobile to an old couple and selling a Jetta to a 20-year-old sorority girl. Different pitches--same product, fundamentally.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Threads posted by Spinaroonie:

"Trends I've Noticed While Clubbing Over the Years..." - 10/27/10; this thread was Spinaroonie's first, already bitching about night game, declaring it is dead.

"Krauserpua's Day Game Model - Thoughts?" - 10/27/10; another thread knocking night game.

"Sick of Constant C***-blocking - How to Deal with C***-blocks" - 11/05/10; Spin looking for ways to deal with cockblocking and how frustrated he is losing girls so quickly after the icebreaker... hmm, is this the real problem? Maybe you're actually losing them IN the icebreaker?

"Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why" - 11/09/10; more bitching about bars and night game.

"Is Facebook and Texting Killing Game As We Know It? - New York Times" - 11/09/10; more anti-game propaganda from Spinaroonie, stunning, I know.

"To the Good-looking guys here..." - 12/9/10; this thread was about how Spinaroonie feels bars and clubs are no longer good avenues to meet women!

"For the Players in Cold, Northern Cities" - 12/14/10; this thread was all about online dating, hmm... given up have we?

"Night Game is Dead" - 12/22/10; Spinaroonie declares you simply can't pick up women at the bar anymore.

20 Posts, 2 1/2 months, almost every one of them bitching about night game, how it's dead, and how the internet is ruining his chances with women at the bars and clubs.

So, my question is how many more times are we going to see essentially the same thread bitching about game? Almost all those threads are the same, just with a different title.

To Spinaroonie - Nothing personal, I'm just sick of reading all the negative bullshit, especially since it's just not true. Honestly, game isn't for everyone, and maybe the reason you're not having success is because in you need to work on your inner-game and stop going to bars/clubs with the mindset that you're not going to pick up any girls because "night game is dead."

I was reading one of Rooshs articles and he was talking about how important venue selection is. The type of bar you're going to at night matters. Avoid cliquish spots.

I am a big fan of online Game, however, there's just no substitute for good ole' cold approaching. IMO, getting bangs out of cold approaching is still the gold standard of Gaming. Unless you are banging every girl you approach online, you are still playing a version of the "Numbers' Game." There's just no way around it. Also, you will eventually going to meet the girl in person so everything that Mystery and Styles wrote is still applicable. Online Game only changed the approach part of the Game, everything else from Comfort to ejaculation is still the same thang.

Gaming chicks on FB is a very bad idea, specially if you are using your real name and have Friends and Family up in there. The one thing I enjoy the most about Gaming is not having to see the chick ever again if I wish. Also, a scorned woman can wreck havoc in your wall in a matter of hours and assassinate your character. Good luck explaining to your moms why some skank wrote that you Gave her herpes on your wall. It also open you to scandalous behavior from females such as contacting your exes or trying to fuck your male family members to get back at you.

8 out of 10 say Facebook improves their sex-life

http://www.eitb.com/news/life/detail/587...-sex-life/

Quote: (01-09-2011 10:04 AM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

Gaming chicks on FB is a very bad idea, specially if you are using your real name and have Friends and Family up in there. The one thing I enjoy the most about Gaming is not having to see the chick ever again if I wish. Also, a scorned woman can wreck havoc in your wall in a matter of hours and assassinate your character. Good luck explaining to your moms why some skank wrote that you Gave her herpes on your wall. It also open you to scandalous behavior from females such as contacting your exes or trying to fuck your male family members to get back at you.

^ This

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Even international baller and player GManifesto is seeing the light.

Quote:Quote:

I am in Spain right now and I was swooping on a Spanish girl last night.

The streets were full of people partying, and I noticed something strange:

No one was on their cell phone. No calling. No texting. No BBming. No Twittering. No Facebooking. No Foursquaing.

Everyone was simply drinking, dancing, sitting and talking and having a good time.

I actually did a rough "survey" and only about 3% of the people at any given time were on their cell. (And those people seemed to be trying to "connect" with friends and find out where they were, not aimless texting).

This is opposed to Southern California where I would say about 90% of American girls are on their cellphones at all times.

(Southern California has the highest percentage of cell phone retards in my opinion; higher than NYC, Miami Beach, Chicago etc)

It is Amazing how retarded Americans are. And amazing to see how other cultures actually enjoy life.

We really don't realize how bad we have it in America (we think we do, but it is actually way worse than that).

Not to mention, it makes approaching girls so much easier here.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5077.html

Guys are talking about buying cell phone blockers in that thread. Has it really come down to this?

There's a war on game fellas, and we're losing the arms race.

Facebook's Events listing works to men's advantage. You say Yes you're coming to an event with over a hundred people, and all the little girls start looking at the attendee list on Monday that week, clicking through to check out the guys pages and building value into us days before we even walk into the door. By the time the event actually happens they're insane with anticipation. They've spent all week building up in their little heads what could happen and who it could happen with.

And now the ones with smartphones and mobile internet access will even go pick your face out of the events list and read about you right there in front of you, again building up your value before you even talk, and winding themselves up crazy with stress all in their own little head space. They're psyching themselves out that we're so above them that we're unobtainable.

Men had to learn not to put women on the pedestal out of reach. Women are now putting men on a pedestal with all this technology. They're going insane with spending too much time cyberspying about the guys in the room and forgetting to look up and actually meet anyone before the club closes.

2011 is the year of dealing with instant-groupies and phans based on a few value-adding pictures on a webpage.

Looking forward to when Google+ at least bifurcates the system.

[Image: googleplus.png]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

I'm starting to notice that I get really negative responses when I tell a girl I DONT have a facebook. I've seen others advocate how this line can actually play into their advantage as a DHV but it seems that because its so ingrained in women its like saying I dont have running water or electricity.

Some are intrigued by the fact, but most look at me like a leper.

I like what Spin said at the top of this page. I think a level of evolution needs to take place. Rather then just cutting it out because its risky, use the fact that we're smarter and more capable then them, to our advantage.

Girls will never put down the phone and log out of facebook. The damage is done. Trying to stonewall the tech out of the women through lack of involvement isnt going to work. Extreme measures might (take the cell phone jammer thread for example) but on average its really not changing.

I'd say embrace it, do up a mock "real" facebook with the privacy settings totally locked down. Keep the info limited but also smart in a game sense. Make it so the info that the chick will undoubtedly go searching for is EXACTLY what you want her to see.

As for exs coming back to haunt you on the web, if your privacy settings are proper, everything on "friends only", then if you break up with a bitch and unfriend her then there's no way she can influence your chances with another chick

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

In Greece, being 18-23 years old and not on facebook seems to be DLV in the eyes of women.
Shit, even not having enough "likes" on your profile pic might seem like a DLV for some.

Hope this doesn't get any worse, cause it is just a stupid turn in the direction of game imo..

Quote: (07-07-2011 05:07 PM)Switchez Wrote:  

In Greece, being 18-23 years old and not on facebook seems to be DLV in the eyes of women.
Shit, even not having enough "likes" on your profile pic might seem like a DLV for some.

Hope this doesn't get any worse, cause it is just a stupid turn in the direction of game imo..
I know its bad there. My girl cousins in Athens live on it. The posts all day long and the stupidest shit. I would love to delete them but it would cause ww3 in my family.Im going to have to delete the whole thing soon.
I think that I have pulled all the ass off there I could of and now the cockblocking is out of control.
I stopped telling anyone that I have a FB and have been avoiding the subject.I will keep one fake page for my childhood friends only.

Seriously, I think Athens, Greece is one of the most fucked up places in the world when it comes to game.

I am seriously paranoid that this pseudo-celebrity with 100+likes on every picture will become the standard of gaming worldwide.
Don't let it happen please, I don't want to run into this same crap when I leave this hole eventually.

Quote: (07-07-2011 05:46 PM)Switchez Wrote:  

Seriously, I think Athens, Greece is one of the most fucked up places in the world when it comes to game.

I am seriously paranoid that this pseudo-celebrity with 100+likes on every picture will become the standard of gaming worldwide.
Don't let it happen please, I don't want to run into this same crap when I leave this hole eventually.
I think Athens is the best place for game and its my favorite place in the world. Its different when you are from there I know.

I think Facebook is a real window in to American mainstream for the Greek girls. Thats why they are so crazy over it. Where do you live Switchez?

Facebook is a publication to the world of one's personal life. It's narcissistic at its core and sets people up to have all sorts of internet aggression problems. I want nothing to do with it.

Communication technology is not acting like a bridge between people like it should. It's acting as a wall. There are times when I really wouldn't care if the whole Internet went down.

Glad to see more guys are are coming around and seeing the light. Anyone who's been in the game and with any capacity for introspection will have witnessed see how technology has changed the game.

In another thread cats in here were saying tell to tell girls you're not on Facebook, that you're above it, and that girls will be impressed by that. Anyone who's been in the trenches recently with college girls knows that shit won't fly. You'll just sound like a weirdo with something to hide.

Quote: (04-11-2011 10:00 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-4183-p...l#pid50444

Here is my neg when asked for my FB.

Target:" I don't give out my number, add me to your Facebook instead"
Mixx: "Facebook? Isn't that the website where sexual predators and weirdos beg creepy women for a social life ?"

Another type of neg:

Target: "Look for me on Facebook"
MIxx:"Facebook? You still play with imaginary friends girl?...that's creepy!"

Mixx:" I have a REAL friends and social life, not an imaginary one...do you?"

yet another style of FB neg on a softer tone:

Mixx: "sorry, I am very discreet; my life adventures are too awesome to open to the public"

BTW, FB does not allow you to voluntarily delete your account. ONLY to deactivate it. However, they can completely delete your account at will for adding too many girls. That's how fucked up they are!

Mixx

Has Mixx actually field-tested this shit? Or is he KJing. These lines are cheesy as hell. None of this will work.

I don't think it's that serious. I don't put anything I wouldn't mind the whole world seeing on my facebook.

There's a million ways to skirt the facebook issue without sounding all preachy. Just say yeah Ill look you up.... and just don't. I add people all the time and then delete them a couple days later. The whole topic is a bore

My facebook generates intrigue if nothing else. Naturally like that