rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wall Survivor: Jennifer Beals

She's 49 in these pics -- damn impressive. That's a supremely rare 50 year old I'd tap:

[Image: jennifer-beals-5th-annual-women-in-film-...rty-01.jpg]

[Image: jennifer-beals-5th-annual-essence-black-...ood-03.jpg]

Here's how she looked much younger:

[Image: jennifer-beals-28.jpg]

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Nothing is more attractive to me than a wall survivor.

In former days:

[Image: riker-clap.gif?w=700]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Goddamn. That sure doesn't look photoshopped either.

Very good looking out... I'd sure like to see more of these as it gives me hope. Truth is, I think we all want to see wall survivors especially us guys over the 40 mark.

Uzi

Black don't crack.

She was on a pretty decent cop show recently that got canceled after one season. Too bad. She's see a bit of a man jaw in some of her pictures, but she's still very sexy.

Kind of interesting genetics with this one -- half Irish and half African American.

Her skin is uncanny for a woman of that age. Really only happens with a combination of serious genetic luck and great habits.

Here's a candid from about a year ago, even more impressive in its way than the professional pics. It's crazy for a woman of 50 to look like this in a candid:

[Image: 3537_530530380313909_431152870_n.jpg]

She's half black? I'd never have known. People tend to think that any time there's a mixed black and white kid the kid will look more black, but that isn't always the case. And probably a lot less than we think. There are probably tons of Jennifer Beals and Derik Jeters who we assume are white but are actually half and half.

Her look kinda reminds of another half black-half Irish wall survivor, Soledad O'brien. She's 47:

[Image: 0711-soledad-obrien-mdn.jpg]

Hmm...maybe black and Irish mix good...

That out of the way, you can tell when a girl is going to be a wall survivor pretty early on. If she's 25 but looks too young to be in the club, that is a girl that's gonna go the distance. My sister is one of those. She looked 16 in her mid 20s. On the flipside I see so many girls that are barely drinking age who look late 20s. They are gonna look like absolute shit by 40.

WB

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Quote: (02-26-2014 12:11 AM)j r Wrote:  

Black don't crack.

She was on a pretty decent cop show recently that got canceled after one season. Too bad. She's see a bit of a man jaw in some of her pictures, but she's still very sexy.

That was some BS. The Chicago Code was legit, one of the few network TV shows I found enjoyable. I was truly surprised to see it get canned after just a year. That show should have had at least 5 good seasons. I would love to have seen what that show could have been on a less restricted platform (say a cable channel like FX or perhaps HBO/Showtime) where the creators could have really let loose. Even on network tv (read: watered down, censored), it was excellent.

Beals looked great. I had no idea she was that old. Too bad she only managed the one kid, she's got some great genes.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Too bad they all can't age like that.

Take care of those titties for me.

ive met soladad, not bad

Irish and Black is a good mix. A family in my hometown was that mix and the 3 daughters (either to young or old for me at the time) were all smoke shows. Russian/EE mixes well with West African also.

@Speakeasy Suzanne Malveaux also at CNN is Bi-racial as well.

Quote: (02-26-2014 12:22 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

She's half black? I'd never have known. People tend to think that any time there's a mixed black and white kid the kid will look more black, but that isn't always the case. And probably a lot less than we think. There are probably tons of Jennifer Beals and Derik Jeters who we assume are white but are actually half and half.

What makes it really complicated in the USA is the history of racial mixing within the black population. The average African-American is more than a fifth European by blood (up to a quarter by some estimates). That shared heritage means that when African-Americans mix with Europeans, the appearance of the children can vary widely. They're carrying European DNA that often contains a lot of recessive European traits, and those can surprisingly show up in the children.

This also means that the kids are not quite half-and-half in many cases. Take this guy for example:

[Image: tumblr_losvf751bB1qm8nyuo1_1280.jpg?.jpg]

The mother and father are to the right. She's probably 100% northwestern European - very low chance of any significant non-European admixture.
He looks like what many would consider "pure black". But look at their kids:

[Image: tumblr_malz7ipeZj1r3xqobo5_r3_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_malz7ipeZj1r3xqobo2_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_m7lfm5l1001qc5cido1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_mna7w82LPY1qmu3b4o1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mngocdlABX1qmu3b4o1_1280.jpg]

Naturally light eye color and blonde hair, both recessive traits. How did that happen? The "pure black" dad is actually mixed - he's got multiple European ancestors, and is well under 100% west african by blood. Like many other African Americans, these Europeans are probably not much more than 4 or 5 generations back and can probably be found on both sides of his family tree.

Since he's not 100% west african (probably more like 65-75% if I had to guess), his daughter is actually not half and half. The majority of her heritage is actually European.
The products of these unions can vary significantly in appearance depending on which ones pick up recessive traits:

[Image: tumblr_lpbvy4vAT81qm8nyuo1_400.jpg?.jpg]

This is the girl above's full sister. She doesn't express any of her mother's recessive traits the way her sister does and probably looks a bit more like what you'd expect a "half and half" to look like. Like her sister, though, she's not exactly half and half - a slight majority of her heritage is probably European. Her brother, conversely, got a lot of the recessive traits too:

[Image: 3fd58e628c7911e3875412b948f8d7a9_8.jpg]
[Image: ea99f2d2890111e3a28312f1f4f91bb3_8.jpg]
[Image: a0e52dfe7e5d11e386680a1f45c6a357_8.jpg]

When you start combining highly admixed populations with largely "pure" ones, you can get a lot of unpredictable (and often racially ambiguous) results. Beals, Jeter and many others are just evidence of this.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Her hands and feet are starting to show but neck still looks very good for her age.

@Exclesior - I need to get my ass back to Scandinavia.[Image: smile.gif]

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Bumping this ancient thread for a renewed Christmas Eve appreciation of Jenn Beals, and to post another version of one of the greatest songs and music videos of all time.

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas RVF!