rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why Aren't Guys Using TRX?

I still see guys walking into gyms reading Muscle & Fitness and talking about how much they can bench?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xg8cMcPYbU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tOCpAIC76I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyHhqwAjqyM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHTao39RVKc

Jaymillz- this seems like a spam post.

TRX is another home gym piece of equipment that most guys simply would order and never use. If you want to gain slabs of muscle nothing beats squat/bench/deadlift/pullups and a good diet. There are no shortcuts.

Quote: (01-02-2011 03:49 AM)bigbootyluvr Wrote:  

Jaymillz- this seems like a spam post.

TRX is another home gym piece of equipment that most guys simply would order and never use. If you want to gain slabs of muscle nothing beats squat/bench/deadlift/pullups and a good diet. There are no shortcuts.

Naw, actually I have a friend that uses it and recommended it to me. Was just wondering if other folks were into it. I also prefer to go to the gym, but I rarely lift heavy anymore as I don't like the meathead look.

I prefer a more functional athletic look. I tend to do things like pullups, dips and use cables because I like feeling the positive and negative when I work out. I also prefer swimming and yoga because I'd rather look sleek in a well tailored european suite than like I'm roided out.

That looks exactly like Scott Sonnon's TACFIT R.O.P.E. course, only he just uses an ordinary rope.
http://www.tacfitcommando.com/tf-rope/
Those exercises actually look pretty cool for functional strength, if I actually had a backyard I would try it.

Right now just doing my ActivTrax workout for mass, and adding The Four Hour Body's Kettlebell Swings and Turkish Get Ups. Also doing part of his protocol for natural testosterone increase, taking cod liver oil and butter from grass fed cows.

It's a good feeling when your LMT goes on during your whole session wondering what you did in the last 2 months to get "hard all over", especially when she's beautiful.

Quote: (01-02-2011 02:56 PM)thekiller Wrote:  

That looks exactly like Scott Sonnon's TACFIT R.O.P.E. course, only he just uses an ordinary rope.
http://www.tacfitcommando.com/tf-rope/
Those exercises actually look pretty cool for functional strength, if I actually had a backyard I would try it.

Right now just doing my ActivTrax workout for mass, and adding The Four Hour Body's Kettlebell Swings and Turkish Get Ups. Also doing part of his protocol for natural testosterone increase, taking cod liver oil and butter from grass fed cows.

It's a good feeling when your LMT goes on during your whole session wondering what you did in the last 2 months to get "hard all over", especially when she's beautiful.

Good to hear someone else trying the 4HB protocols. I'm starting on the testosterone increase and the Occam's Protocol for bulking up. Thanks to the 4HB I think I have finally figured out how/what to eat with high compliance.

I dunno if 4HB recommends it, but for kettlebells you should try kettlebell flows, they build full-body endurance and power very quickly. http://www.kettlebell-athletics.com/2010...l-workout/

I would never spend the $180 or higher for TRX, but my Club 24 just got a pair so I'll give them a shot.

Man just get after it and get swole turkey.

Jaymillz....you aint gonna look roided out unless you are roided dawg.

But really I still do heavy -ish squats and some explosive stuff....but I just lift people in training now mainly. Like Fisto, but I think he does more weight stuff than I do.

that chick has huge arms and legs.

I like to stay between the weights of 175 and 190 pounds. Looks good on my 6'1 frame. I spend about 40 mins in the gym and i go 2 or three times a week.

Quote: (01-14-2011 08:03 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

that chick has huge arms and legs.

I like to stay between the weights of 175 and 190 pounds. Looks good on my 6'1 frame. I spend about 40 mins in the gym and i go 2 or three times a week.

Wow, at 6'1 the lowest I get is 205lbs and people say I look to skinny at that weight. This summer I'd like to get to a ripped and vascular 200lbs.

Quote: (01-14-2011 04:24 PM)Rocco81 Wrote:  

Man just get after it and get swole turkey.

Jaymillz....you aint gonna look roided out unless you are roided dawg.

But really I still do heavy -ish squats and some explosive stuff....but I just lift people in training now mainly. Like Fisto, but I think he does more weight stuff than I do.

I do a lot of explosive stuff but don't use many weights. I prefer to be in functional shape like the guy in this vid vs being bloated and stiff, but I guess lifting heavy isn't bad with a good diet and a lot of stretching to stay flexible.

yea at 6'1 you need to weigh 200 atleast.

im 5'9-5'10 and think a solid 195 is a good weight.

girls like some muscles. obviously u dont wanna look look retarted like some cats that take shit and are obsessed with getting "big"

the perfect height and weight is 6'2 225 imo

Quote: (01-15-2011 01:59 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

yea at 6'1 you need to weigh 200 atleast.

im 5'9-5'10 and think a solid 195 is a good weight.

girls like some muscles. obviously u dont wanna look look retarted like some cats that take shit and are obsessed with getting "big"

the perfect height and weight is 6'2 225 imo

I think Terrell Owens might be about that, but Dr. J might have been 225lbs at 6'6 and he didn't look bad either. It all depends on your body type and composition. For what I like to do and what I like to wear, 225 is too big because I tend to look too much like someone that lives in the gym, which isn't the look I like.

Yes exactly and every girl likes a different kind of guy. Of course I really do not know many girls that actually dig the huge huge veiny dudes, like 5'5 250 body builder dudes. That just looks retareded I think. You normally see dudes like that with women that are also into juicing and body building.

But yeah some girls like the thin veiny rock star guys, others like sticky powerful built guys and every where in between too.

Jay I know what you mean, its good to be functional. I stopped trying to bench heavy, curl all the time and do high volume stuff as well. I did that when I was younger simply because I didn't know better, but really it is just body building workouts that make you slow and bulky with no real functional power. Now I will do some heavy squats, some lighter dumbell shoulder and bench, and the rest is done with actually using my own body and other's resistance against mine to build functional power.

Quote: (01-18-2011 01:24 PM)Rocco81 Wrote:  

Yes exactly and every girl likes a different kind of guy. Of course I really do not know many girls that actually dig the huge huge veiny dudes, like 5'5 250 body builder dudes. That just looks retareded I think. You normally see dudes like that with women that are also into juicing and body building.

But yeah some girls like the thin veiny rock star guys, others like sticky powerful built guys and every where in between too.

Jay I know what you mean, its good to be functional. I stopped trying to bench heavy, curl all the time and do high volume stuff as well. I did that when I was younger simply because I didn't know better, but really it is just body building workouts that make you slow and bulky with no real functional power. Now I will do some heavy squats, some lighter dumbell shoulder and bench, and the rest is done with actually using my own body and other's resistance against mine to build functional power.

That's like a woman liking a man with a 13 inch cock. Most women like seven or eight inches which is equivalent to liking a man with an athletic look.
Only the gluttons like roided out cats or guys with 13-14 inch ding dongs.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Exactly Jay

I think Rocco is straight on.... becoming huge isnt what will land you most chicks.. atletic/ crossfit.. or powerlifter looks are really alot more beautiful in my book, looking forward to shredding and showing this winters results.. will make a thread with diet and sups, training and pics, when Im ready for it... there is alot fo good legal, natural sups, thats is worth your while, its not roids.. but also its not a hazard to your health... CLA, arginine, beta alanine, GABA, green tea extract, fish oil, extra magnesium before sleep etc.. but will make a thread eventually with the research (doses, timing of sups etc.) Ive found on pubmed..Im a biochemist so I have acces and is capable of reading science. Offcourse my own experiences is purely subjective.. [Image: smile.gif]

I dont wanna become much bigger just more symmetric.. since I wont be able to buy my favorite Italian clothes with more size.. but we all got a genetic background, that we will have to work with.. no two people are alike..

I love talking lifting with guys cause you always hear things like I don't wanna lift heavy cause I'll get too big or my functionality will become compromised. The reality is unless you are an extreme bodybuilder and I mean your goal is aesthetics/size vs conditioning you're not gonna get too big and your functionality will only get better not worse, weight training to get big means limiting things like cardio, like other sports cause it interferes with the ultimate goal, if you're not one dimensional in your training you aren't going to get too big unless your goal is that manorexic muscleless look. I grew up a high level athlete and have seen juicing before I truely understood what that meant and even juicers aren't becoming "too big", so you mr natural lifter aren't going to get too big unless you are just a genetic freak or that little muscle gain you do get makes you look puffy cause you were likely out of shape to start. Look at high performance athletes, golfers are lifting, tennis players lifting, sprinters are lifting, mma fighters are lifting, sports in which movement and fluidity is fundamental,. Like I said I grew up a high level athlete, I had coaches and personal trainers around so I trained like the pros did and I was at camps with pro athletes and don't kid yourself these guys train hard they aren't getting that muscle tone doing ultra light weights for millions of reps, they push serious weight around. So I laugh every time I hear the average guy say hes stopped going heavy cause he's getting too big, you're not getting too big you're too lazy to keep it up. Working outs hard it's easy to tell yourself you need to cut back so you dont get too big. Prolly not popular comments but I get stopped at least once a day at the gym from some guy wanting to know my routine and how they don't like the big bulky look but they wanna look like gsp, brad pitt in troy, mark whalberg in fighter, or they like my fitness level, so I give my time and say you wanna look like an athlete or ripped actor or me get prepared to work, lift serious weight, do serious cardio watch your diet, and they glaze over, nah bro I dont wanna do all that I'll get bulky and big that always happens when i lift heavy, yeah cause the person you wanna look like is big and bulky, do I look big and bulky? I bench 260 on the incline and I weigh about 170, Im not a numbers guy so I dont know my one rep max for the flat but id guess I could get somewhere around 3 bills give or take and I have no movement issues, well least that I know of I haven't tried jumping building to building lol just a Personal pet peeve.

Quote: (01-19-2011 01:00 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

I love talking lifting with guys cause you always hear things like I don't wanna lift heavy cause I'll get too big or my functionality will become compromised. The reality is unless you are an extreme bodybuilder and I mean your goal is aesthetics/size vs conditioning you're not gonna get too big and your functionality will only get better not worse, weight training to get big means limiting things like cardio, like other sports cause it interferes with the ultimate goal, if you're not one dimensional in your training you aren't going to get too big unless your goal is that manorexic muscleless look. I grew up a high level athlete and have seen juicing before I truely understood what that meant and even juicers aren't becoming "too big", so you mr natural lifter aren't going to get too big unless you are just a genetic freak or that little muscle gain you do get makes you look puffy cause you were likely out of shape to start. Look at high performance athletes, golfers are lifting, tennis players lifting, sprinters are lifting, mma fighters are lifting, sports in which movement and fluidity is fundamental,. Like I said I grew up a high level athlete, I had coaches and personal trainers around so I trained like the pros did and I was at camps with pro athletes and don't kid yourself these guys train hard they aren't getting that muscle tone doing ultra light weights for millions of reps, they push serious weight around. So I laugh every time I hear the average guy say hes stopped going heavy cause he's getting too big, you're not getting too big you're too lazy to keep it up. Working outs hard it's easy to tell yourself you need to cut back so you dont get too big. Prolly not popular comments but I get stopped at least once a day at the gym from some guy wanting to know my routine and how they don't like the big bulky look but they wanna look like gsp, brad pitt in troy, mark whalberg in fighter, or they like my fitness level, so I give my time and say you wanna look like an athlete or ripped actor or me get prepared to work, lift serious weight, do serious cardio watch your diet, and they glaze over, nah bro I dont wanna do all that I'll get bulky and big that always happens when i lift heavy, yeah cause the person you wanna look like is big and bulky, do I look big and bulky? I bench 260 on the incline, Im not a numbers guy so I dont know my one rep max for the flat but id guess I could get somewhere around 3 bills give or take and I have no movement issues, well least that I know of I haven't tried jumping building to building lol just a Personal pet peeve.

All I can say is..wow. Rant central..LOL! But I get your point..people who talk that I don't want to get too big joint are blatant gym noobs.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (01-19-2011 01:51 PM)Moma Wrote:  

All I can say is..wow. Rant central..LOL! But I get your point..people who talk that I don't want to get too big joint are blatant gym noobs.

lol yeah I got carried away my bad, pet peeve may be an understatement.

Thanks Quasi.

Funny you mention about Italian clothes man...everywhere I went in Europe (especially when I was there for a few months) I could not find things to fit. Even in Germany most of the sleeves on the t-shirts came up to my shoulder (some of that is European Style I guess) everything was tighter (go from L or XL to an XXL) and the jeans would not fit right.

Quote: (01-19-2011 07:48 AM)Quasi Wrote:  

I think Rocco is straight on.... becoming huge isnt what will land you most chicks.. atletic/ crossfit.. or powerlifter looks are really alot more beautiful in my book, looking forward to shredding and showing this winters results.. will make a thread with diet and sups, training and pics, when Im ready for it... there is alot fo good legal, natural sups, thats is worth your while, its not roids.. but also its not a hazard to your health... CLA, arginine, beta alanine, GABA, green tea extract, fish oil, extra magnesium before sleep etc.. but will make a thread eventually with the research (doses, timing of sups etc.) Ive found on pubmed..Im a biochemist so I have acces and is capable of reading science. Offcourse my own experiences is purely subjective.. [Image: smile.gif]

I dont wanna become much bigger just more symmetric.. since I wont be able to buy my favorite Italian clothes with more size.. but we all got a genetic background, that we will have to work with.. no two people are alike..

hehe I always tease my Italian friend with their small sizes, hre has a shop where I buy all my clothes, he has a superfine young daughter he once took me out to eat with.. but I havent banged her.... I use XL or XXL in those sizesand Im only 91 kilo (183cm). I wonder how the condoms sizes work in Italy XXXXL = L [Image: smile.gif] ?
But Italian style rocks... Italians are the most stylish people on earth..swagger most be an Italian concept [Image: wink.gif])

So my club bought a couple TRX knock offs and I decided to buy Scott Sonnon's TACFIT R.O.P.E. as I got his INTUFLOW program and was really impressed with that and all the stuff he puts out.

I just got back from knocking out The Recruit level R.O.P.E. workout. It kicked my ass more than any of the mass-building ActivTrax workouts which have given me good gains thus far. The cool thing with the suspension training is the inherit instability in every move you perform, so your always engaging your core and keeping your muscles functionally tight. The other nice thing is by adjusting handle height and angle to the centerline you can make most exercises easier/harder. My arms/forearms and lats are blasted and pumped. If you want the V back and waist most coveted by females I think this will get you there pretty fast.

I feel wrung out but in a good way. It was brutal but also kind of fun, like your doing a special forces obstacle course. That's my .02.

@Mikeymike- LOL. I know what your saying. I've went through heavy stints of weight training and naturally gain muscle quickly but never though I would even get close to being "too bulky". My only dislike in the gym is having to hit the weights hard and then add cardio somehow. I'm interested in crossfit but can't find a comprehensive program. There are plenty of exercises online but nothing that maps out the whole body. I'm anal about routines that overlap too much on muscle groups or neglect areas altogether. If you know of a program let me know. Usually due to work I'm not able to get to a gym, so creative alternatives are needed.

@Killer- The INTU-FLOW looks pretty tight. I'm gonna check it out as a substitute for my regular warm up/stretching routine.

The TACFIT R.O.P.E. doesn't look bad either. I watched the promo video and was looking at ways to increase the intensity by eventually adding ankle/wrist weights, weight vest, and resistance bands.

Quote: (01-20-2011 10:10 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

@Mikeymike- LOL. I know what your saying. I've went through heavy stints of weight training and naturally gain muscle quickly but never though I would even get close to being "too bulky". My only dislike in the gym is having to hit the weights hard and then add cardio somehow. I'm interested in crossfit but can't find a comprehensive program. There are plenty of exercises online but nothing that maps out the whole body. I'm anal about routines that overlap too much on muscle groups or neglect areas altogether. If you know of a program let me know. Usually due to work I'm not able to get to a gym, so creative alternatives are needed.

@Killer- The INTU-FLOW looks pretty tight. I'm gonna check it out as a substitute for my regular warm up/stretching routine.

The TACFIT R.O.P.E. doesn't look bad either. I watched the promo video and was looking at ways to increase the intensity by eventually adding ankle/wrist weights, weight vest, and resistance bands.
INTU-FLOW is good, and has 4 levels, the beginner level is available for free on youtube.

R.O.P.E. can be used with weighted vest and ankle weights. Like most of Sonnon's programs though it has different levels that get progressively harder/more elaborate. They say if you find Commando level too easy, do 5 minutes of Turkish Get Ups with a heavy Kettlebell and then go for it!