rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

International incorporation

Now, this is a question I'll probably end up having to ask a very expensive, very specialized accountant, but I figured I'd fire it out there anyway.

I'm going to be running my business from Latvia this year, and trying to scale it up. I don't want to use a Canadian corporation because there's no reason I should be paying those bastards taxes when I'm not living there.

Anyone have or know anything about having a location independent corp?

I really don't think it's possible, you have to register your company somewhere.

I'm not sure how much corporation taxes are in Canada but if they're not very high I don't see any harm in registering your business there, also if it's a new business and you're looking to scale it up by reinvesting profits then there will be minimal corp taxes to pay anyway.

After this the only other liability would be personal taxes for any salary or dividends you take from the company. These are separate to your company so where your business is registered wouldn't be effected by this.

A few things. I am still doing research but that's wrong in a few places. I guess the phrase "location independent corp" isn't clear. I mean MY location, not the location of the corporation.

First - any corporate taxes are greater than 0%.

Second - You CAN register a foreign corporation in a tax haven like Bermuda. I have a call into some Bermudan lawyers right now, we'll see how much it costs. My guess is a couple grand, mostly lawyers fees.

Third - Having a Canadian corp and bank account means that you need to pay Canadian personal income tax. You can only declare yourself non-resident (and opt out of Canadian taxation altogether) if you don't have either of those things.

Ok I understand more specifically what you were asking now.

I'm actually considering registering myself non-resident next year (from the UK), I didn't know about the liability for personal taxes being tied to the fact that you still have local business accounts.

I'd be interested in any more info you find out about this subject.

Why don't you register your corp/biz in a tax haven, like say Bermuda, Bahamas, Andorra etc..or the best in the world, Singapore? I'm also Canadian and I'll register my corp there in Singapore when the time comes for that. I am not going to let those fat geese in Ottawa get a red penny of my hard earned money while I'm not there! Not long ago, YMG, posted some good info about the best place in the world to register a biz, name Singapore. Read up on that, it would be quite informative. Here's the link to it: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2921.html

Now, interestingly, I met a French guy in BKK who's also location independent and works online and makees good bank and he of all places, registered his company in, drum rolls, DELAWARE, Usa and is apparently very happy with his decision. I was totally surprised by that. Anyone in here know about the deal in registering a corp in Delaware?