rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The #1 New Years Resolution that WILL get you laid

Print it, publish it, ship it wherever you want, this is a fact:

DON'T MAKE EXCUSES!

Simple as that. Tonight, I decided the girls I was flipping between were no longer cutting it and headed out to the bar (this is almost a semi-excuse, because you should always be looking for new talent). I headed out very late (excuse #1), but the bar was still packed. Unfortunately my friends were in the back (excuse #2) so I went to chill with them. Then I felt like I didn't have the right buzz, ie-vibe in my case (excuse #3) so I had to wait to get a drink. Then I was pissed cuz one of the two girls I've been banging saw me hitting on another girl (excuse #4). Then I saw another familiar girl, and my thought process said, "Fuck, I know that girl, I hung out with her, she blew me in my car, and now I can't remember her name! PLUS I stopped texting her cuz she bored me." (excuse #5) You see where this is going.

If at the end of the night, you don't make any excuses, your dumbass won't be here wasting time online looking for last minute options, instead you'll be banging any chick from the bar. Even if there are "excuses" overcome that shit, for example:

Excuse #1 - I coulda shown up earlier, who cares when my friends were getting there, I'm a man I can do my own thing solo.

Excuse #2 - That set-up was perfect, I should've used that as home base then walked off to scope out the talent much sooner than I did.

Excuse #3 - Pre-drink! Honestly though, your vibe and your booze shouldn't be dependent on each other.

Excuse #4 - Now that is awkward, but I could've easily played it off as the other girl was just a friend, or made my girl feel awkward, not me. A friend of mine that caught the interaction immediately noticed what was going down, so obviously I should've spun it around. Beta move, IMO. In fact, I wish I'd stuck around til shit got awkward for her lol, what do I care? Honestly, who are you trying to impress at a dive bar?

Excuse #5 - Pathetic on my part, as it turned out it wasn't the same girl, I should've gone up and said, "Hey aren't you Michelle?" or any name really, and when she said no, it's over, no worries. I think I was just paranoid after the last girl saw me... that might be excuse 5.5.

Even when you stick to your focus there's always potential excuses, but you can overcome them. A real player doesn't make excuses at the end of his night, he gets the job done. I messed up, maybe I was a bit rusty and complacent, who cares - those are more dumb excuses, I should've been back in form 30 minutes in. Lucky for me it was just Thursday, a warm up night, and I promise you that won't happen tomorrow night or Saturday night! I'll move on anything moving.

The other lesson I take away from this, is pick-up is like exercise, you gotta do it regularly to see results. If you take time off, you're gonna hurt your skills whether you believe that or not.

So fellas in 2011, keep those 2 goals in mind:

1. No excuses, do what you've conditioned yourselves to do: get those approaches in and make 'em count.

2. There's no off-season for pick-up, I don't care how many girls you have in your rotation, you gotta keep honing your skills. Use it or lose it, the only time you should quit is if you... *gasp* get married.

Yeah, excuses are everywhere and pop up all the time. I figure its best to learn to get rid of them little by little.

By far my biggest weakness in my newbie game. I have trouble recognizing the excuses at the time so they just happen. I've made a point to meditate on each night out sometime the next day to figure out what I did wrong I what I could've done better.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

CJ - So true! They are like a*sholes, everybody has one and only sh*t comes out of em.