rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is the one red pill book to rule them all?

What do you think is the one book that best captures the ideas of the red pill?

I still think the red pill is largely an undefined set of beliefs.

The basic idea is to see things as they actually are, not what we have been told or fooled ourselves into believing.

WIA

I'd agree with the above sentiment. Hard to define just one book. Especially when the areas of redpill are so diverse. What you read or think is the one book to rule them all might change based on world view or would at it's core be very basic to appeal to all views within the community.

Schopenhauer's brief essay "Of Women" remains the single best text written about that subject (and one of the greatest essays ever written).

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Ah yes, I can definitely see where you're coming from with this opinion. It is a vast area to fill into just one book. At the moment I'm looking for some book to my friend as a birthday present. Being the sneaky fuck that I am, I decided to use the opportunity to push him more towards the red pill [Image: whip.gif]. Thanks for the tip! I'll be looking into Schopenhauer's essay.

Quote: (02-17-2014 01:51 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Schopenhauer's brief essay "Of Women" remains the single best text written about that subject (and one of the greatest essays ever written).

Just read it. Amazing piece of work.

Thanks for the link.

The True Believer: Thoughts On The Nature Of Mass Movements is a 1951 social psychology book by American writer Eric Hoffer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_True_Believer

This. ^^

Quote: (02-17-2014 01:39 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

I still think the red pill is largely an undefined set of beliefs.

The basic idea is to see things as they actually are, not what we have been told or fooled ourselves into believing.

WIA

Yup. The Heartiste site tag line "where pretty lies perish" defines red pill to me. Cut away all the bullshit and just looking at things how they are, no matter how painful it may be.

I remember how much it literally, physically hurt to read red pill blogs at first. Layer upon layer on past examples of betatude were explained in stark detail, it was almost as if the authors knew my life inside and out. The truth was indisputable but there was no going back. I couldn't delude myself any longer to the reality of my life and the world around me.

Couple of books that did this for me were Sperm Wars and The Way of Men.

For me, I would say it's The myth of Male Power by Warren Farrell. With this book, alongside game, it's impossible for your illusions about masculinity and relationships to not be shattered and for you to wake up from all the lies you've been fed your entire life!

I'm always careful when I recommend this book since without the knowledge of game and the true nature of women before reading it, this book probably could create a whole lot of Beta MRA's or a whole new batch of forum members for PUA HATE!! At least I know that on this forum,this knowledge, even though it will make you enraged, will not brake you down completely!!

I think Roissy has suggested The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi.

Quote: (02-19-2014 01:27 AM)RexImperator Wrote:  

I think Roissy has suggested The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature.

I was just going to post The Red Queen. It's about genetic selection and how animals select for certain behavior. There's this one section on the peacock which made me laugh knowing the term "peacocking". There's a quote in there that's priceless:

Quote:Quote:

Females are the most choosy where the least seems to be at stake.

Dawkins' The Selfish Gene was actually pioneering in this area. I got it from the library but only got to read 1/3 of it before it was due, but it was good mind candy. Dawkins specifically states at the outset that with higher order intelligence, intelligence can override genetics, but it's hard not to see how genes play an enormous role and the willpower involved to override your genetic predisposition is something that's out of reach for the vast majority of people.

I've posted this link to Mark Dillof's book on other threads, but it's appropriate here also I think. It's not a book on how to pick up women though. Only read it if you're interested in gaining self-knowledge about yourself and the what the nature of the erotic tango between men and women is all about. It's by far the best book I've ever read on the subject.

http://www.amazon.com/Awakening-Enemy-Or...0967825202

Thanks for the tips everyone. They're much appreciated.

I bought the Way of Men a couple of months ago and enjoyed it very much. Definitely going to look into these others. I've always been addicted to information and coming into contact with the red pill at least enhanced this characteristic. Not going to run out of books to read any time soon [Image: icon_biggrin.gif].

This may get some hate because it's written by a woman but I really think The Fountainhead is a great choice. It doesn't have the excessive political undertones compared to Atlas Shrugged, it's just an interesting story of how sticking to your convictions as a man leads to a better life.

Quote: (02-20-2014 12:44 AM)komatiite Wrote:  

This may get some hate because it's written by a woman but I really think The Fountainhead is a great choice. It doesn't have the excessive political undertones compared to Atlas Shrugged, it's just an interesting story of how sticking to your convictions as a man leads to a better life.

Added to the list. I'll check that one out as well. Thanks!

The Black Swan. It doesn't relate to feminism, or gender dynamics, or any of the other ideas in the manosphere. However it does highlight the way that we are to quick to accept the truth, and the difficulty of seeing things as they really are.
Personally, I thought that Taleb speaking about fitting models to real life mirrored feminists, or anyone else trying to fit ideas on the patriarchy, or 'privilege' to real life.

"The Picture of Dorian Gray" -Oscar Wilde

“I don't want to be at the mercy of my emotions. I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them.”

“You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself, with desire for what its monstrous laws have made monstrous and unlawful."

"My dear boy, no woman is a genius. Women are a decorative sex. They never have anything to say, but they say it charmingly. Women represent the triumph of matter over mid, just as men represent the triumph of mind over morals."

“You must have a cigarette. A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?”

You don't get there till you get there

@Cyr: I'll check that out, thanks. I mentioned this already on the ''What are you currently reading?'' -thread, but couple of days ago I finished this book by Maria Konnikova which dealt with the exact same problems you mentioned were shown in Black Swan. Konnikova uses Sherlock Holmes and John Watson as examples of different approaches to life. Holmes of course being used as an example of a mindful person who doesn't generalize, is always present at the moment and doesn't attach his own opinions to things he observes. Watson on the other hand is prone to generalizations, lets his mind wander often and attaches his own ideas to his observations. The book also gives are great insight on how to change your own thought -pattern from ''System Watson'' into ''System Holmes''. If you're interested more in this subject I'd say it's worth a reading.

@Slim Shady: I've read the Picture of Dorian Gray once, but at the time knew a lot less about these things we discuss on the RVF. Perhaps I'll return to it one more time to see what I'll get out of with a RP-mindset [Image: icon_razz.gif]. Thanks!

Quote: (02-21-2014 03:28 AM)Parsifal Wrote:  

@Cyr: I'll check that out, thanks. I mentioned this already on the ''What are you currently reading?'' -thread, but couple of days ago I finished this book by Maria Konnikova which dealt with the exact same problems you mentioned were shown in Black Swan. Konnikova uses Sherlock Holmes and John Watson as examples of different approaches to life. Holmes of course being used as an example of a mindful person who doesn't generalize, is always present at the moment and doesn't attach his own opinions to things he observes. Watson on the other hand is prone to generalizations, lets his mind wander often and attaches his own ideas to his observations. The book also gives are great insight on how to change your own thought -pattern from ''System Watson'' into ''System Holmes''. If you're interested more in this subject I'd say it's worth a reading.

@Slim Shady: I've read the Picture of Dorian Gray once, but at the time knew a lot less about these things we discuss on the RVF. Perhaps I'll return to it one more time to see what I'll get out of with a RP-mindset [Image: icon_razz.gif]. Thanks!

Yeah I will give that a look. Im definitely really interested in this sort of thing. I think you'll enjoy the black swan, it was probably my favourite book that I read in 2013. Some people dont like Taleb, but I thought he was a really smart, funny author.

Quote: (02-17-2014 01:51 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

I just finished reading Schopenhauer's essays. 'On Women' is incredible, but the rest of his essays should be recommended reading as well for all guys.

As for the best book, it's hard to say as I believe the sum of all these books is essentially what the red-pill is and they all have a valuable role. The more red-pill books you read, the deeper down the rabbit hole you go.

has anyone here ever READ a NEO-TECH book?

Quote: (02-19-2014 02:49 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi.

Seconded. While lacking in specific game strategies (for which I recommend Roosh, Krauser, and Heartiste), the experience of reading Rollo's book can be accurately described as taking the red pill and peeking behind the veil of sexual/social dynamics. An enlightening, academic text.

The Rational Male needs a lot of editing, as it lacks professional polish but I do agree that it's like the "manifesto" of the manosphere if you will.

Quote: (02-18-2014 12:17 AM)Sombro Wrote:  

The True Believer: Thoughts On The Nature Of Mass Movements is a 1951 social psychology book by American writer Eric Hoffer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_True_Believer

This. ^^
Haven't found a reference to Eric Hoffer (the Longshoreman Philosopher) since the 1960's. Cheers; MikeSR