rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ashley Madison CEO: day after Valentine's Day is biggest sign-up day

I'm watching Bloomberg now, and as a part of their pre-market opening coverage, they have Noel Biderman, the CEO of Ashley Madison on.

For the few who might not know, Ashley Madison is a dating website for married people.

Biderman says the day after Valentine's Day is their biggest sign-up day.

So why is that? Too much beta or too much alpha, ingratitude and bitchiness, drunken fights from the champagne?

If I remember correctly, it's not *just* for married people, it's only marketed that way. I believe singles are encouraged to sign up to have someone for the marrieds to cheat with. So that could explain it.

You also have the multitude of beta schlubs that the women are one day away from leaving at any given time. I'm sure it gets rationalized by "he used to be soooo romantic on Valentine's Day, but this year all he got me were flowers, chocolate, a hotel room, a watch, gold earrings. I'm sooo boooored".

Why is that? "I'm not haaaaapy". Remember the post about divorce yesterday, the chick who said her marriage didn't look like what she saw on TV? V-day is another reminder and a chick who's in the mood to test her husband, if she's disappointed, well, she starts to think she can live out her fantasy.

I remember Biderman saying that day after Mother's day is their #1 day. I wouldn't trust anything he says, honestly. He's a serious sleazebag, and not because he runs a site for infidelity.

Quote: (02-14-2014 09:26 AM)RockHard Wrote:  

I remember Biderman saying that day after Mother's day is their #1 day. I wouldn't trust anything he says, honestly. He's a serious sleazebag, and not because he runs a site for infidelity.

Yeah, looked it up, he said day after Mother's Day is #1 day for females, which is the news we can use, if it was true.

Quote: (02-14-2014 09:48 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-14-2014 09:26 AM)RockHard Wrote:  

Yeah, looked it up, he said day after Mother's Day is #1 day for females, which is the news we can use, if it was true.

More so in your game (especially daygame). Just a guess, but the "I'm with someone" might be less likely to come up.

Interesting chart I found in a comment Rollo Tomassi left on Dalrock's blog a few days back. Somebody did an analysis of Facebook relationship statuses changing to "single", by day of the year. It trends up after New Years', thru V-Day, and then peaks in March, right before Spring Break. Another peak in October/November, before the holidays. Which means that we're entering busy season for players, if it's true.

Quote: (02-14-2014 10:54 AM)RockHard Wrote:  

More so in your game (especially daygame). Just a guess, but the "I'm with someone" might be less likely to come up.

Interesting chart I found in a comment Rollo Tomassi left on Dalrock's blog a few days back. Somebody did an analysis of Facebook relationship statuses changing to "single", by day of the year. It trends up after New Years', thru V-Day, and then peaks in March, right before Spring Break. Another peak in October/November, before the holidays. Which means that we're entering busy season for players, if it's true.

Interesting, I can see how it works.

One of my women in the Philippines obliquely was complaining about my lack of attention today on Line, because her co-worker got flowers delivered from her boyfriend in the USA. She started out saying she did not like Valentines Day, then shifted to saying she was bitter because nobody sent her flowers. I played it cool, she backed off and said she misses me so much it hurts. Who knows?

Bloomberg is all about the sexual market place today. Now they have the guy who runs ChristianMingle and JDate on, talking about "Trends in online dating."