rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Medellin tips

Medellin tips

I'll be going there tomorrow night for 5 nights... should be quite a trip. Any ideas from anyone who has been there before?

Medellin tips

I have spent 3+ weeks there.

For the nightlife, go to Las Palmas on Thursday night and check out a club called Babylon where the women are stunning and the alcohol is included for $30,000.

You can't miss Mango's on a friday or saturday night with midgets dancing on tables and at least 20 hot dancers barely dressed and spread throughout the club.

For a decent after hours club, check out Carnivale.

If you need a hostel, Casa Kiwi, The Pit Stop, and Black Sheep are the best in the city.

If you want to avoid the Gringos, go out for a night in Sabaneta.

Parque Lleras is a trendy area to drink coffee during the day in a cafe and the most happening area at night with lots of trendy bars and some clubs.

For tourist attractions, check out the Botero museum, Pueblito Paisa,Parque de los Deseos, take the metrocable up to Santo Domingo,

You can do some great day trips to Santa Fe de Antioquia and El Penol.

Eat at Crepes y Waffles for the best meal of your life.

Lastly, drink a lot of Aguardiente and try the Bandeja Paisa!

Medellin tips

Great tips

Columbia is my next destination in a few weeks

Any tips on Bogota, Cali, Cartagena, Santa Marta and Barranquilla ?

Medellin tips

Good tips indeed. Checking back here when i go to colombia

Medellin tips

Quote: (11-09-2008 08:31 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Great tips

Columbia is my next destination in a few weeks

Any tips on Bogota, Cali, Cartagena, Santa Marta and Barranquilla ?

I am so jealous. Have a great time and report back with some stories!

From what I have heard, Barranquilla is not worth visiting except for Carnival. The people I met who enjoyed it there knew some locals who showed them the nightlife. Otherwise, there is not much to do there.

Cartagena and the surrounding area is worth spending 3-4 days max. 1 day exploring the old city and Boca Grande (do a chiva ride if you have never done one before), 1 day doing the Playa Blanca beach trip, and 1 day the mud volcano. From what I experienced, the nightlife is full of prostitutes and really not worth it. Definitely check out Cafe Havana for an authentic Cuban bar with a great atmosphere.

Cali is probably one of the least attractive cities I have ever visited. The only reason to visit Cali is for the Salsa dancing. You can visit some really nice and authentic salsotecas. But don't expect to meet any women while you are at one since most people go in groups and are sitting down at tables when they are not dancing. There are also regular clubs but I did not find them to be that great. Avenida Sexta is known as the place to go but even on the weekends the clubs were not very crowded. I did go to this one area off the highway where there was a few clubs that were pretty cool, though I forget the name of the area.
If you do go, you can walk around the downtown area for a while, visit the zoo, and go to the waterpark. That is pretty much it.

Bogotá is probably my favorite city in Colombia. There is so much to do and see during the day and so many great clubs and bars to visit at night. Friday evenings is a great time to walk down La septima with lots of live performers and a huge flea market. The entire street is closed off and its just a great time. Sundays are the ciclovia where La septima is closed off and everyone bikes through the streets. There are great views if you hike or take the cable car up Monserrate. Most people sleep in La Candelaria and my favorite hostel is called Hostel Sue http://www.hostalsue2.com/
La Candelaria is a an artsy neighborhood with lots of students around, universities, small bars, great restaurants, museums, etc. My favorite part of Bogota. I highly recommend a small club called Escobar Rosas where you will tons of students go looking for some Gringo action. There are some other good small clubs around La Candelaria as well. Otherwise, you will want to take a cab to the Zona Rosa for a more upscale night. Walk around the area and choose what looks like the busiest place. You will also hear about a club called Cha Cha which is located on the 40 something floor of an abandoned Hilton Hotel. Its located on 7th avenue and 33rd Street in the "Ball Room" of the old hotel, and keeps the traditional elegant decoration. Crystal Chandeliers meet Electronic music. Has amazing views of the city at night and an amazing terrace to hang out. Frequently visited by world famous DJs.
Other areas to visit in Bogota are Usaquén, Parque 93, and the bullet proof clothing store where they will fire a pistol at you if you request it http://www.miguelcaballero.com/cms/front_content.php .
I never got to go, but Andres Carne de Res is supposed to be the best restaurant and discoteca in Colombia. There is also Catedral de Sal de Zipaquirá which is a nice day trip.

Enjoy!

Medellin tips

Quote:Quote:

But don't expect to meet any women while you are at one since most people go in groups and are sitting down at tables when they are not dancing.

Ah, the scourge of the gringo pick up artist

Medellin tips

I met a HB this weekend who, when I brought up my plans of Peru, told me she is from Colombia. She tried to sell me on it, how there is not really any crime, Colombia's reputation is not accurate, and there are tons of attractions. And the nightlife is supposedly incredible in Medellin, she was from that city. After Peru, colombia is my next trip it looks like. She was pretty cute, but nothing came from it. If they all have huge asses like her, it would make things hyper interesting.

Medellin tips

I hear good things about Colombian asses [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G53MraoetwY

Can we not embed videos? How do you do that on here?

Medellin tips

Quote: (11-11-2008 01:38 PM)Shaman Wrote:  

Wow. Wow. Wow. Man am I glad the Catholic religion hasn't successfully suppressed shit like this.

Medellin tips

Quote: (11-11-2008 01:38 PM)Shaman Wrote:  

Thanks for the link[Image: heart.gif]

Medellin tips

Shaman:

Yeah the forum code doesn't allow video embedding. I have to find a plugin that will make it work

Medellin tips

Andrea Rincon is Colombian. Amazing ass.

Medellin tips

Alright so after 5 nights in Medellin this is what i came up with.

1. Exotic, sensual women. Most of the population of Medellin is Mestizo, which means they have a different look from the girls of Rio or Buenos Aires. Also, unlike in those cities, there arent thousands of other gringos crawling around ruining your chances but still just enough that its easy to meet up with other Westerners to go on day trips with or whatever.
2. Cheap as hell. I stayed in a private room with its own bathroom at a hostel in the nicest part of town for 5 nights and only paid 125 total. The taxis are also the cheapest ive ever seen.
3. Safe. As long as you arent going up to the mountains with a red cross uniform on trying to find the FARC you should be alright, although apart from El Poblado and a few other barrios the city resembles Rio's favelas.
4. Openness. This really cant be overstated. The people are nice and welcoming and appreciate the fact that you have come from so far to see their city that a few decades ago was one of the most dangerous places in the world.

Now for the most important part... what kind of game works on paisas? Any gringo with a shred of game can find themselves juggling multiple girls at once but, for the most part, paisas want courtship and arent down with one night stands. Just taking a ride on the very nice metro system or getting a drink at a smoothie shop its not difficult to get a girls number and set up a little site-seeing adventure that you hope would lead to dry humping and, eventually, insertion.... but the nightlife in Medellin is pretty disappointing.
Yet the girls are so hot that the courtship deal is not too much of a deterrent (except of course if youre only there for 5 days, as i was). Dont get me wrong, there are some sluts in Medellin. A gringo i met at the hostel i was at ended up banging out this 8.5 turkish/colombian mix but it had more to do with situational factors (she was going through a breakup, he met her on election night) than offering a broad generalization of colombianas.
Last but not least, I never felt unsafe in Medellin. Last night, i went with this paisa i met through facebook out for a drink and then a city-wide search for a late night food joint at 230 in the morning. The taxi driver was blasting the colombian hip hop and it was really a picturesque scene (too bad i left my camera at home) which i thought captured the good and bad of medellin. When i got out the cab, i felt like obama being ushered out of his car by secret service before a campaign stop in the deep south. "Es un extranjero," some dude chuckled. Maybe resentful that the gringo had come to plunder colombia's greatest natural resource (hint: not cocaine), i felt a little uneasy given the fact that we had traveled 10 or so km away from the upscale el poblado neighborhood where i was staying at and i was alone with a 5 foot 2, 100 lb paisa as the only thing standing between me and a potential rendezvous with raul reyes. But my sudden self awareness was quickly subdued when the group of young kids sitting near us started practicing their limited english and smiling in my direction. The food was great (dinner for two: $7), the taxi that had waited for us to eat took us back to the hostel (round trip for 20 or so km: $9-10), and i returned home finally able to put brazil in perspective. It wasnt so much that brazil is this singular utopia where the gringo's fantasies will come true, although to a certain extent it is. What's closer to the truth is that brazil, or colombia for that matter, isnt the united states. There's a big world out there, and when we limit our experiences and get caught up in our egocentric culture its so easy to lose sight of that.

Medellin tips

Quote: (11-13-2008 12:01 AM)mojodrew Wrote:  

There's a big world out there, and when we limit our experiences and get caught up in our egocentric culture its so easy to lose sight of that.

Quoted for emphasis.

Sounds like you had an awesome time brother! Thanks for writing out such a detailed report. Very helpful indeed. :giddyup:

Fortune favors the bold.

Medellin tips

Mojo, how good are you with Spanish?

Medellin tips

I'm pretty fluent, but only because i met a girl when i was studying in madrid who taught me... really, thats the only way to learn. if you want to learn its not gonna happen in a classroom. if i were you i'd set up an intercambio through a local university if youre in a spanish speaking country and then try and take her out for a coffee or something and just take it from there.

Medellin tips

Hey guys im spending close to 7 months in south america, time spent between Argentina , brazil and colombia. Ill be in Argentina mostly B.A for December then brazil till mid march then Colombia till end of May. Send me a pm if any of you guys are down there.

Medellin tips

Quote: (11-09-2008 08:31 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

But don't expect to meet any women while you are at one since most people go in groups and are sitting down at tables when they are not dancing.

It's actually very easy. In these situations you can walk up to most girls and ask them to dance: just grab their hand and go to the dance floor. I would say more than 80% (if they're single) would go.

I did this in Cartagena on the Caribbean coast.

Medellin tips

I have been in Bogota since thursday and the nightlife has been pretty dead since University is not in session and tons of people left for new years. I am wondering whether the nightlife is pretty active there right now?

Medellin tips

Banging field report, thanks

Medellin tips

I'm in Medellin now if any of you guys here are interested in meeting up.

Medellin tips

Quote: (01-16-2009 01:15 AM)jmb Wrote:  

I am in the Project Medellin house right now along with Lumiere. If your up for gaming, contact me.... Also, for those interested in gaming in Medellin, I have some reports up on my blog...

Currently traveling around Asia come join me on the LS Blog.

Bolo and Latinstylez's Adventures

Medellin tips

Quote: (01-16-2009 03:20 AM)LatinStylez Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2009 01:15 AM)jmb Wrote:  

I am in the Project Medellin house right now along with Lumiere. If your up for gaming, contact me.... Also, for those interested in gaming in Medellin, I have some reports up on my blog...

hey man, i m in bogota right now. Are you still in medellin ? I Will be in Medellin on sunday or monday. The Colombia women are amazing , only been her e for a couple hours but there way better looking then brazil girls.

Medellin tips

I just learned that Valentines day was actually in September, here in Colombia [Image: smile.gif]

Medellin tips

Quote: (01-28-2009 06:48 PM)NeVerGymLess Wrote:  

hey man, i m in bogota right now. Are you still in medellin ? I Will be in Medellin on sunday or monday. The Colombia women are amazing , only been her e for a couple hours but there way better looking then brazil girls.

Yeah we will be here then.