rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Caitlin Dewey Gets New Gig

RooshVForum's favorite Washington Post writer, Caitlin Dewey, just got a new gig at the company -- blogging about the Internet. So expect more hate for Roosh and Matt Forney, perhaps?

Caitlin Dewey joins Style as digital culture blogger

The announcement mentions that she has a live-in boyfriend and a pasta maker. Wonder which one will burn out first..... [Image: smile.gif]

Le sigh. Her earlier piece probably got clicks, and that's all that matters because journalism is dead.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Don't give these bitches any more attention. We do not need their presence on the forum, only when they are being eviscerated by the asskickers known as the RVF.

Warthog is at it again.

"But Return of Kings’ latest post really takes the cake. “No one would have died if PUAHate killer Elliot Rodger learned game,” promises the ever-aggrandizing Roosh V, who then goes on to promise that “if Rodger came to me, he would have received actionable and effective advice.” (A sampling of recent advice from the site, presented without comment: “all women are nymphomaniacs who crave rough sex”; “if your girlfriend insists on a big wedding, dump her.”)"

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-36406-...#pid737743

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Quote: (02-11-2014 05:57 PM)runsonmagic Wrote:  

Le sigh. Her earlier piece probably got clicks, and that's all that matters because journalism is dead.

Nah, don't get annoyed. Because Journalism died, the money vanished, and the need for content to fuel the information drip morons suckle on means quality isn't important.

What this means: the modern digital journalist isn't paid very well - I've seen many publications that gain free content by pulling the 'good exposure for your career' line that live venues are using on bands.

The huge number of graduates and the very few positions of status in media mean they have no bargaining power, and no job security. I honestly think when the transition from journalism to clickbait finally resolves, no-one will hire a journalist for their expected 'look, I have a degree' salary, because you don't need a journalist to produce low-quality clickbait. It can be done by any monkey with a typewriter.

Rupert Murdoch knows the score. His sites are 90% clickbait, are the familiar voices have all fallen away. Those most common byline you'll see from Newscorp now? "Staff Writer".

IF ROK WAS WRITING CLICKBAIT

"all women are nymphomaniacs who crave rough sex"

becomes

"What's the dark sexual secret all women are hiding?"

“if your girlfriend insists on a big wedding, dump her."

becomes

"Here's why you mightn't make it to your big day."

To write these things, simply imagine a female voiceover from a chocolate commercial: you know those, "luxury is so decadent, but you deserve it" things with the slightly-smug, hint-of-sexual-naughtiness tone? Personalise and scandalise.

Anyone have any new information on this subject?

Columnist at Return of Kings

Quote: (02-11-2014 05:15 PM)trian1 Wrote:  

The announcement mentions that she has a live-in boyfriend and a pasta maker. Wonder which one will burn out first..... [Image: smile.gif]

I hate this empty and pointless modern way of describing staff. Is the fact that she has a pasta maker or likes spending time with her dog supposed to make me feel closer to her? Whenever they tell me that, I just start wondering why she is covering her lack of actual accomplishments by mentioning her gadgets.

p.s. Anonymous Bosch has a superb take on the situation as usual [Image: potd.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (09-23-2014 01:24 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Quote: (02-11-2014 05:15 PM)trian1 Wrote:  

I hate this empty and pointless modern way of describing staff. Is the fact that she has a pasta maker or likes spending time with her dog supposed to make me feel closer to her? Whenever they tell me that, I just start wondering why she is covering her lack of actual accomplishments by mentioning her gadgets.

p.s. Anonymous Bosch has a superb take on the situation as usual [Image: potd.gif]

I was talking about this the other day to someone.

Completely uninteresting people are given platforms. Not to tell an interesting story, or something funny. It's about "can I relate to this person". So here we have a girl I've never heard of so I googled her and came across Matt Forney's great article about her. Her voice is annoying, she cannot speak well, her writing is poor, and of course she's fat. Unfortunately, a lot of women (and male feminists) can relate.

I remember in college taking writing courses and public speaking for purposes of self improvement, I wasn't even a journalism major. Prominent writers tended to be experienced journalists who attempted to make an educated argument or create an interesting discussion. Or at least that seemed to be the goal. Now, just be a dumpy fat fuck with an attitude and now everyone can relate to you, so here's a platform on a prominent newspaper (in this case, The Washington Post).

EDIT