rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Poland or Colombia in May???

Here's the deal. I got 2 weeks of vacation time coming up in May. Debating on either going to Poland or Colombia. I've read through the Poland and Colombia threads so I've got a pretty good idea what's in store in both places.

Colombia:
1) Medellin or Bogota? Leaning more towards Medellin due to the weather and reputation of better looking girls. However, I met a cute Colombian girl a few months ago here in the US. She's from Bogota and said if I ever stop by her city, she'll show me around. Has a boyfriend though but I think he lives in Miami.
2) Round trip flight would cost me $500. Pretty good deal.
3) Planning on renting an apartment. About $50/night in downtown.
4) I speak basic Spanish. Not conversational. I take it that most girls in Medellin and Bogota don't speak English very well (or not at all)?
5) It seems that every Colombian girl I meet in my city has found me attractive.

Poland:
1) Warsaw. Not really considering other cities right now. I know a Polish friend (girl) who lives in Warsaw with her Spanish boyfriend (a guy I'm also friends with). Through them, I can get into a social circle and meet some girls.
2) Round trip flight is $900. Pricey.
3) Renting an apartment. About $50-60/night in downtown.
4) Don't speak a lick of Polish. However, I gather that a lot of younger Poles speak moderate to fluent English.
5) Only EE city I've been to was Prague in 2005. Hooked up with a local Czech girl...about a 6.5 or 7. She liked to bang foreigners. Met her female friends too. Definitely gave me the eye.

About me:
Asian American, 35 but looks 27 or 28 (it's the genes), 5'9", athletic toned body, good social skills, fashionably and sharply dressed, good looking.

So, gentlemen, taking everything into account...logistics, finances, beauty of the women, ease of hooking up, etc., which country, in your opinion, can I get the most bang for my buck?

Quote: (02-10-2014 04:56 PM)LostAwake Wrote:  

Where is downtown? There is now downtown per se Bogotá is a giant city. Definitely check out Scotian's thread for the intel you need it's what I've used heavily for my planning.

Can you PM me this apartment I'm going in March-April and am still undecided on where to stay.

As far as making a choice which country, if I was in your position it'd come down to 1. which flag do I want to capture 2. which language do I want to learn/improve and 3. what can I do other than chasing lizards, Poland will be in the midst of spring then so perhaps it will have a bit to offer. As you seem to have your shit together neither should be too hard to hook up.

The thing about Warsaw is... It kinda sucks unless you are there with friends or have someone to show you around. Its a very big city and finding good tourist information Isn't as easy as most tourist trap cities in Europe
If you have friends with you it can be awesome! But if you are on your own, it is not as fun as other Polish cities like Karakow, or Wroclaw.
That is my experience atleast.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Quote: (02-11-2014 12:24 AM)ASOT Wrote:  

Quote: (02-10-2014 04:56 PM)LostAwake Wrote:  

Where is downtown? There is now downtown per se Bogotá is a giant city. Definitely check out Scotian's thread for the intel you need it's what I've used heavily for my planning.

Can you PM me this apartment I'm going in March-April and am still undecided on where to stay.

As far as making a choice which country, if I was in your position it'd come down to 1. which flag do I want to capture 2. which language do I want to learn/improve and 3. what can I do other than chasing lizards, Poland will be in the midst of spring then so perhaps it will have a bit to offer. As you seem to have your shit together neither should be too hard to hook up.

ASOT, I should have been more specific. In Bogota, I would stay in La Candelaria or Zona Rosa. For Medellin, it would be Poblado.
I use airbnb to find these apartments.

Which flag? Doesn't really matter. Language? Well I already have a basic understanding of Spanish and I can use the language in other countries. Polish, on the other hand, isn't useful outside of Poland.

Quote: (02-11-2014 02:12 AM)spalex Wrote:  

The thing about Warsaw is... It kinda sucks unless you are there with friends or have someone to show you around. Its a very big city and finding good tourist information Isn't as easy as most tourist trap cities in Europe
If you have friends with you it can be awesome! But if you are on your own, it is not as fun as other Polish cities like Karakow, or Wroclaw.

Spalex, I have a Polish friend (female) and her Spanish boyfriend (a friend as well) that live in Warsaw. They can show me around and through them, I can get into their social circle and meet local women.
Reading through the Poland thread, it seems Warsaw is better than Krakow, imho. Have you been to Poznan or Wroclaw? How was your experience? English proficiency level of the local women?

Quote: (02-11-2014 02:54 PM)LostAwake Wrote:  

Quote: (02-11-2014 02:12 AM)spalex Wrote:  

Spalex, I have a Polish friend (female) and her Spanish boyfriend (a friend as well) that live in Warsaw. They can show me around and through them, I can get into their social circle and meet local women.
Reading through the Poland thread, it seems Warsaw is better than Krakow, imho. Have you been to Poznan or Wroclaw? How was your experience? English proficiency level of the local women?

If you have people there to show you a good time, it will be awesome!
Poznan is just a much smaller city, less to see and do there. Wroclaw is a much nicer city, bigger than Poznan and pretty cool in general.
All these places are going to have lots of cool bars and places to hang out. Wroclaw and Poznan will be a lot cheaper for going out.

I haven't really thought about the English proficiency level.... In my experience, the women speak better English in Warsaw. In the other cities you can still communicate effectively and keep their attention long enough. But I think I just met a lot of university girls in Warsaw and they usually have to read some text books in English.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Check university calendar also. I think May is month of final exams in Poland, then they move back to their home city/holidays.

Was there on a late May...was fine. Final exams are usually mid-June(ish). Ones living on campus move directly home while others in say specialty schooling like medicine or dentistry stay for rotations, etc. Some even stay till late June if living off campus, bc it's cheaper getting a 12 month lease.

Thanks Zuma and Brosmite.
I checked and Brosmite you are correct. Their final exams are from mid-June to late-June.
Brosmite, how was your experience there?

Go Poland. May has good weather there and Colombia's weather is usually ok all year long but by tradition, April and May are rainy, even though you can't really trust weather these days anymore with all the craziness going on.

Poland is safer.

POland all the way, colombian women are hard to trust in.. also intellectually wise colombian women has nothing on polish ones..

If you have a built in social scene with contacts in Poland, I'd say take advantage of it while you can because you never know when they will move on with their lives. Colombia will always be there IMO. The combination of great weather along with an active student atmosphere in May cannot be beat around this time.

Hhh