rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The member title system on this forum

As I've now gotten to 75 posts, my member title states "Beta orbiter" which is annoying to me. Never been a beta orbiter and never will be. This member title system should change, I've never been on a forum with a member title system as disrespectful as the one here. Sure betas don't have a problem with it but a true alpha will never take any kind of shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyK_q-2Jk5E

[Image: popcorn3.gif]

The title system is simply how many posts you've made. It's in jest. I was a "male feminist" for a while, now, I'm a "recovering beta".

No one is judging your posts based on your title. When I read posts I usually see what posts have been liked a lot as those tend to be the most interesting, and, I look at the name of the poster as well, because I've read enough posts to know whose take I find interesting, but in general, I read through all the comments if I click on a thread. The reputation system is informative, but doesn't mean too much in the sense that there are plenty of posters with low rep who have very knowledgeable posts.

The titles demean male behavior that most people are guilty of at some point, which, are harmful to a mans development.

In mainstream America society promotes and attempts to praise weak behavior in males and I think the title system gets across the message to new members that, "This type of behavior is very bad mmmkay." In that vein I don't have any problem with it.

Remember your posting anonymously and the title system has nothing to do with the rep, the quality of your posts, or who you are in real life.

Quote: (02-10-2014 07:28 AM)turbopg Wrote:  

As I've now gotten to 75 posts, my member title states "Beta orbiter" which is annoying to me. Never been a beta orbiter and never will be. This member title system should change, I've never been on a forum with a member title system as disrespectful as the one here. Sure betas don't have a problem with it but a true alpha will never take any kind of shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyK_q-2Jk5E

[Image: lighten-up-francis-o.gif]

I know that it is fully automatic but still, just seeing that under my username is getting me pissed off, the problem lies in the decison to use such a member title system on the users that are ultimately contributing to this forum. And for sure it discourages alphas from signing up and posting here more than anything else.

[Image: a7t7jvf.jpg]

Quote: (02-26-2015 01:57 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  
They were given immense wealth, great authority, and strong clans at their backs.

AND THEY USE IT TO SHIT ON WHORES!

Why so serious? I think part of being an alpha is being familiar with the usual trajectory of male progression in the sexual market and looking at it as a fun, learning experience instead of something degrading. I recall chuckling in irony as I banged my first (and only) fattie just upon getting to the "chubby chaser" title.

It's all in good faith. Besides, if it makes you feel any better, I completely believe you that you have never been a beta orbiter, nor do I view your posts in that light.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I want my title to say 'thirsty simp'.

When you get to a certain level of results and self respect you don't take any sort of shit. It's also in my latin temperamental nature that I don't take shit. Not to mention that around here if a hot chick sees you taking any kind of shit from anybody, you're done with her.

[Image: attachment.jpg16965]   

Nice, we had a rep system meltdown and now we can safely say a title system meltdown.

I love the smell of a good meltdown in the morning.

[Image: icVkVbv.gif]

Nope.

Quote: (02-10-2014 08:10 AM)turbopg Wrote:  

When you get to a certain level of results and self respect you don't take any sort of shit. It's also in my latin temperamental nature that I don't take shit. Not to mention that around here if a hot chick sees you taking any kind of shit from anybody, you're done with her.

Do you literally mean shit? You all know each other?
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-18792.html

And do you have chicks around you who can see that your forum profile says Beta Orbiter? I think not.

That was a joke by the way, so don't get all Seabass on me. When I first joined the forum, I was wondering why mine said Male Feminist. Then I noticed the other new members had similar names. Keep in mind the senior MEMBERS on here started out the same way. So what's it matter? People on here don't get called out for having titles like Beta Orbiter. Everyone on here knows it's for fun. They get called out for posting stupid threads, trolling, outright lying and being disrespectful.

So as one forum member and man to another, I'd suggest to lighten up, not get bogged down with trivial matters, and add something useful to the forum.

And if anything, you can start leaving comments like mad and you'll quickly get a title like Alpha Male [Image: catlady.gif]

[Image: u_mad.gif]

[Image: 92a.png]

Hey Ali, isn't it common in the military for people to throw good nature-jokes about each other about them being pussies, scrawny fucks and whatever?

Or sports for that matter.... or construction.... or any stereotypical male field.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Out of all the guys I've met in my life who I consider to be alpha, one of the common denominators was title insecurity.

Turbopg nailed it, he's well on his way to showing us all a thing or two here.

In fact, I bet he doesn't even consider travelling to countries with pussy sounding titles like Uruguay.

Top dog's gotta draw the line somewhere.....

Quote: (02-10-2014 08:57 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Hey Ali, isn't it common in the military for people to throw good nature-jokes about each other about them being pussies, scrawny fucks and whatever?

Or sports for that matter.... or construction.... or any stereotypical male field.

Yeah, and it can get brutal. You show mental weakness on the job and you might as well throw in your notice. Its how you come up through the ranks to gain respect. But this sums up the OP, along with Rio's picture.

Quote: (02-10-2014 08:10 AM)turbopg Wrote:  

It's also in my latin temperamental nature that I don't take shit.

Respect to Hotwheels, he nailed it with that gif. Hopefully Tuth and Roosh had late nighters and are sleeping in. This thread is gonna bring so many lolz. It already put me in a good mood this morning.

Fun flashback. Do you guys remember the old days where there'd already been about 10 pages of these posted?

[Image: attachment.jpg16966]   

[Image: attachment.jpg16967]   

Of course we don't do that anymore, but it was fun while it lasted.

edit-grammer

Quote: (02-10-2014 09:15 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

edit-grammer

[Image: facepalm2.gif]

I imagined that there would be various taunting at my being "too sensitive" and "crybaby" suposedly but anyway...
mbare - for sure I have my haters in Romania for the simple fact that I have results that they will never have and all they can do about it is hate so for sure they would pick on anything. I've had losers scan thru my posts elsewhere and pick on me for ridiculous reasons.
actually Roosh got to meet one of the Romanian haters which even worse is of gypsy ethnicity, the loser haters will pick on any detail to try and bring you to their low level from which they can't raise.
I don't really care about haters though, as Kanye West said "Love your haters because they're your biggest fans" so it's more of a conflict between the member title and my self-image.
I rest my case, I guess the trend now is if you get slapped you say "Thank you Sir, may I have another one?" . Guess I'm not up to date with Western trends...
I feel the same way about the member title system but as I don't seem to get support on this, the thread can be closed.

You guys are cracking me the fuck up.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

If you are complaining about the title system, here, than maybe you are in fact a "beta orbiter" or "RVF orbiter".

Have a Coke and a smile..

[Image: LW4h0kQ.png]

Oops!

Nope.

Is this insecurity trolling or is OP actually mad?

EDIT: Damn - he even broke out the damage-control avatar

Hey Roosh...for a week, in solidarity, set everyone's title back to Beta Orbiter so turbopg won't feel so bad!

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."