rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Scantily Clad Russian Olympians Are Making Us Uncomfortable"

Quote:Quote:

Scantily Clad Russian Olympians Are Making Us Uncomfortable

http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/scantily-...50259.html

As the old saying goes: When you want to distract the world from a bunch of glaring issues, publish images of nearly nude, very attractive women. The plan may be working, as proven by plenty of enamored men...Many women, meanwhile, have been focusing on the feminist perspective (Ginny Sanderson called the pics "cringey and demeaning").

One of the athletes in question:
[Image: alexander-saitova-curling-2.jpg]

...and the "journalist" in question

[Image: 248a1c5a1f4d76a5e781a9bde50d520b.jpeg]

Has all of the classic elements "I hate girls prettier than me" "women should be empowered...as long as they don't do it by looking prettier than me" and of course using the word "us" when she really mean "me and other girls who don't go to the gym"

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Why does she assume they're being exploited, and are not strong, empowered women who know they look good owning their sexuality?

I guarantee she would slide off her seat if she saw a male version

Here is another one of those sinful Russian women who are making "us" uncomfortable. The only thing missing from this article is a visual of the writer jumping up and down and screaming that classic Shakespeare line "TO A NUNNERY!!!!!!!"
[Image: Elena-Nikitina.jpg]

i love russia

"objectifying the women in this way seems to send a distinctly opposite message: Watch these ladies for their gorgeous looks, not raw talent."

Dear Author of this shit article. That is the message. Women's sports are shit, especially these screwy events they call sports in the winter olympics.

No one cares about their 'raw power.'

These women think men are going to tune in in droves to see how great women's hockey is? Hell no, you can see better hockey at the boys high school level.

We will tune in for a pair of sweet, perky titties and a nice ass, however.

I saw some of the skating last night and I immediately liked Kaetlyn Osmond of Canada. Here bloomers or bikini bottom or whatever they call it were waaaaay up her ass and I kinda liked it.

Quote: (02-09-2014 05:24 PM)HeyPete Wrote:  

"objectifying the women in this way seems to send a distinctly opposite message: Watch these ladies for their gorgeous looks, not raw talent."

Dear Author of this shit article. That is the message. Women's sports are shit, especially these screwy events they call sports in the winter olympics.

These women think men are going to tune in in droves to see how great women's hockey is? Hell no, you can see better hockey at the boys high school level.

We will tune in for a pair of sweet, perky titties and a nice ass, however.

I saw some of the skating last night and I immediately liked Kaetlyn Osmond of Canada. Here bloomers or bikini bottom or whatever they call it were waaaaay up her ass and I kinda liked it.
I'm hoping for raw SOMETHING, but that's a different story...

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (02-09-2014 05:24 PM)HeyPete Wrote:  

The author doesn't care about their raw power, either. She likes to imagine that other people somewhere do, though, because it makes her feel better about being unattractive. Her imagined world where women are valued for other random shit besides sexiness makes her less depressed about her low SMV. Sexy russians make her "uncomfortable" because of jealousy.

Also, here's another example of how feminists are identical to puritanical morality fanatics of earlier eras. Nothing new under the sun.

I don't understand. Why is this journalist trying to "slut-shame" these Russian women?

I went to post on this, but I found I would have had to create an account, so I'll just leave the comment here:

Here's a shortcut to understanding the rationalization behind why so many female writers (note: they shouldn't be considered journalists) write articles like this:

1) Is there a woman in the public eye who is more attractive, fit, or accomplished than the writer? If so, proceed to find a way to tear her down and blame it on mostly men, or other women who don't live up to the writer's feminist standards. Finish with a self righteous pat on the back, and hope insecurity doesn't flare up again for a while.

2) Is there a woman in the public eye who is similarly or less attractive, fit, or accomplished than the writer? If so, proceed to stereotype her as a feminist example (regardless of whether the subject agrees) with contradictory arguments showing how courageous or empowered she is against the men or "less progressive" women who try to hold her back.

Also, would anyone be interested in a thread or way to track all these female writers and male feminist writers/bloggers as an easy resource to blacklist or check when controversy comes about?

It'd be good to know which names to avoid reading right from the get go, or which ones are suspect if they try to contact other members.

Jealous much?

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (02-09-2014 06:20 PM)LeBeau Wrote:  

Also, would anyone be interested in a thread or way to track all these female writers and male feminist writers/bloggers as an easy resource to blacklist or check when controversy comes about?

It'd be good to know which names to avoid reading right from the get go, or which ones are suspect if they try to contact other members.

^^^^

This is a great idea. I was just thinking of it the other night when a Woody Allen movie came on about blacklisted writers in the '50s ("The Front").

The problem is if you call it a blacklist you make them martyrs and they end up with more work -- and possibly even book deals. A good approach might be to do something similar to what A Voice for Men does, where they identify women with anti-male stances as bigots.

To do this effectively, you'd need to use the media own buzzwords against them. It's just a matter of finding the right buzzwords. For example, calling a woman a "man-hater" repeatedly could possibly have ramifications on her dating life if guys Google her.

Quote: (02-09-2014 05:47 PM)darklightdispatch Wrote:  

Also, here's another example of how feminists are identical to puritanical morality fanatics of earlier eras. Nothing new under the sun.

[Image: pro1.jpg]

They were ugly then too.

[Image: pwX2R.jpg]

Ok....DaveR are you there?
How do I get Russian citzenship? lol....I am afraid Ukraine will be overrun with feminists in the near future.

"They're making me feel uncomfortable"....

Translation: "I, a spoiled, ugly American brat, am suddenly confronted by the reality of beautiful, feminine women who don't hate men."

I remember what John Lennon said when he first stepped into Hamburg

"I thought we won the war?"

How's that USA/Russia cold war thingy looking?

[Image: 952f057f24b047.jpg]

[Image: 1468457fc566.jpg]

[Image: ekaterina-galkina-2.jpg]

[Image: Ekaterina%2BGalkina_nude_01.jpg]

[Image: EkaterinaGalkina3490183697.jpg]

[Image: C_29_fotogallery_1003245__ImageGallery__..._image.jpg]

[Image: Alex%2BSaitova_nude_04.jpg]

[Image: wouldbang.gif]

Those Russian women are sure offensive....yet this disgusted "you go girl" face is capturing the hearts of the American media -

[Image: figure-skating-winter-olympics-day-20140...36-084.jpg]

Quote: (02-09-2014 06:40 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Quote: (02-09-2014 06:20 PM)LeBeau Wrote:  

^^^^

This is a great idea. I was just thinking of it the other night when a Woody Allen movie came on about blacklisted writers in the '50s ("The Front").

The problem is if you call it a blacklist you make them martyrs and they end up with more work -- and possibly even book deals. A good approach might be to do something similar to what A Voice for Men does, where they identify women with anti-male stances as bigots.

To do this effectively, you'd need to use the media own buzzwords against them. It's just a matter of finding the right buzzwords. For example, calling a woman a "man-hater" repeatedly could possibly have ramifications on her dating life if guys Google her.

I'm confused as to why anyone should care that photos of Russian athletes primarily taken for the Russian public should make "us" (who the fuck is that meant to include?) feel anything.

I am so ashamed of all the americans whining about everything Russia has done during these olympics.

they're sexist, they're anti-gay, they're underdeveloped

let russia do russia. we're not nearly perfect enough to try and police anyone else about anything for fuck's sake

They should make a calendar posting avg American whales. Make it a poster for unhealthiness!

Quote: (02-09-2014 08:17 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

"They're making me feel uncomfortable"....

Translation: "I, a spoiled, ugly American brat, am suddenly confronted by the reality of beautiful, feminine women who don't hate men."

These photos look like genre shots straight out of Vkontakte (well, a little more professional). Women Russian pose like this. They do it all the time. They post these pictures publicly, willingly, without coercion. They likely jumped at the chance to do this.

Of course the author of this would not know this because she has likely done no research to understand the phenomenon she is writing about. The photos are impossible to correlate with the press surrounding some of Sochi's inconveniences. Yet she does at the beginning.

"Equality may perhaps be a right, but no power on earth can ever turn it into a fact."

"Want him to be more of a man? Try being more of a woman!"

"It is easier to be a lover than a husband, for the same reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day, than to say bright things from time to time."

Balzac, Physiology of Marriage