rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sochi Winter Olympics 2014

This thread will be for all things about Sochi and the Winter Olypmpics.

American media is killing Sochi's venue, apartment, water sewage conditions.

Actually, anything to do with Russia they are hating on

I can't believe it's really that bad there.

What are other country's saying about the conditions there?

This might belong in Everything Else section.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

The US media portrayal of Russia truly marks a new low-- as can be seen from the Dailymail article--yellow tap water BS?

And of course the homosexuals are threatening to disrupt the games.

All this vitriol because he wants to protect Russian children from homosexual propaganda. oh and where is Putin's goddamn Peace prize for stopping Obama's war on Syria? But as we know.......

[Image: 3rej19.jpg]

He has often been called the "Last of the Romans"

"We have prostitutes for our pleasure, concubines for our health, and wives to bear us lawful offspring."--Demosthenes (384–322 BC), Red Pill Greek Statesman

I was watching Faux News in the gym earlier...the hate, damn! I get brownish tap water sometimes here in South Florida. Then they were whining about the slopes, shawn white pulled out because it was "too dangerous". The guy is in an extreme sports for crying out loud. Doubtless, he pussied out for political reasons.

I'll tell you one thing though...when the U.S media does its best to tarnish the image of a place, that place shoots up to the top of my to go list.

As long as it keeps the FAT whales away... its aces in my book!

Too many independent sources are complaining about the bad state of the lodgings around the Olympic village. It does look like the Russians dropped the ball on this. Pity. They could have really taken this opportunity to have one-upped the western world.

Quote: (02-05-2014 07:14 PM)Flavius Aetius Wrote:  

The US media portrayal of Russia truly marks a new low-- as can be seen from the Dailymail article--yellow tap water BS?

And of course the homosexuals and the black widows are threatening to disrupt the games.

All this vitriol because he wants to protect Russian children from homosexual propaganda. oh and where is Putin's goddamn Peace prize for stopping Obama's war on Syria? But as we know.......

[Image: 3rej19.jpg]

Two separate groups are targeting the Olympics.

[Image: confused.gif]

While journalists can be high maintenance (complaining about food provided on a press tour and so on), the information has come from enough sources that I think it's legit. But it's Russia -- did anyone really expect this to be done with German efficiency?

What I have read is that the olympic village itself (where the athletes stay) is in pretty good shape. It's just all the rest that is still a work in progress.

I visited the Olympic village and Sochi in the middle of September. It was the most gigantic mess I've seen in my life. All infrastructure was maybe half finished, at the time I could never believe that they could finish everything in time.

This is on the way between Sochi and the Olympic Village.

Opening ceremony is actually pretty cool and very well done so far. Liking it.

LOL my mom just called and said the "Olympics are already a mess" (due to the journalists complaining about dirty water and the hotels not being completed). I was like "so just because a few CNN guys have dirty water and their hotels aren't spotless (and fully completed) it means the olympics are a debacle? They opening ceremony isn't even over yet!!!" She went off on how you can't be gay in Russia and I was like 'ok we're done here bye bye.'

And BTW it's not like everyone didn't know that the corrupt oligarchs once again took zillions out of the country with these projects and delayed them forever. Supposedly the $8+billion that Vneshecoombank lent out is mostly gone and they will need to recap this state-run development bank as a result. Thanks again oligarchs!! (admittedly the state has plenty to blame here too, but a lot of the guys in charge of construction were not even Putin's guys).

Anyway who is everyone cheering for? Given the recent forum views on Sweden and the apparent international mainstream press attack on Putin/Russia I guess we're all going to be rooting for the Rodina and maybe against Sweden and the Scandi countries??)) (I never thought I'd start feeling so negative towards Scandanavian countries - maybe the forum is turning me on them?)

I, for one, sure am sick of the US press making us out to be some sort of 'underdog' half the time and endlessly promoting these lame 'X-games" 'athletes' with crappy faux-sports like 'snowboard-cross'. They seriously need to ditch a lot of these sports.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Quote: (02-07-2014 01:02 PM)Akula Wrote:  

LOL my mom just called and said the "Olympics are already a mess" (due to the journalists complaining about dirty water and the hotels not being completed). I was like "so just because a few CNN guys have dirty water and their hotels aren't spotless it means the olympics are a debacle? They opening ceremony isn't even over yet!!!" She went off on how you can't be gay in Russia and I was like 'ok we're done here bye bye.'

And BTW it's not like everyone didn't know that the corrupt oligarchs once again took zillions out of the country with these projects and delayed them forever. Supposedly the $8+billion that Vneshecoombank lent out is mostly gone and they will need to recap this state-run development bank as a result. Thanks again oligarchs!! (admittedly the state has plenty to blame here too, but a lot of the guys in charge of construction were not even Putin's guys).

Anyway who is everyone cheering for? Given the recent forum views on Sweden and the apparent international mainstream press attack on Putin/Russia I guess we're all going to be rooting for the Rodina and maybe against Sweden and the Scandi countries??)) (I never thought I'd start feeling so negative towards Scandanavian countries - maybe the forum is turning me on them?)
Why does your mom upset about gays not being open? let me guess she thinks women are = to?
At least my father is against feminism and think gays should be hidden lol

Quote: (02-07-2014 01:05 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-07-2014 01:02 PM)Akula Wrote:  

LOL my mom just called and said the "Olympics are already a mess" (due to the journalists complaining about dirty water and the hotels not being completed). I was like "so just because a few CNN guys have dirty water and their hotels aren't spotless it means the olympics are a debacle? They opening ceremony isn't even over yet!!!" She went off on how you can't be gay in Russia and I was like 'ok we're done here bye bye.'

Why does your mom upset about gays not being open? let me guess she thinks women are = to?
At least my father is against feminism and think gays should be hidden lol

well, they play how Russia is 'anti-gay' 24-7 on CNN, the BBC et al so she must think that gays are being beaten up in the street every day I guess? The 'victimology' crowd are all one big happy fun group I guess and that includes Feminists too.

Just read this on Reuters....apparently the athletes are loving Sochi and can't understand why the lame stream press are making it out to be so bad. [Image: banana.gif]

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/02/07...AD20140207

"While Sochi has largely been portrayed as a shambles, athletes and even visitors to the Games are painting a very different picture.

One American speedskater described Sochi as "Disney World" while a New Zealand freestyle skier said the criticism was fuelled by jealousy.

"There's so much hate online from anybody who's not here, just like 'Sochi sucks', and this and that," said skier Jossi Wells.

"But half the people are jealous because they didn't make it here and the other half are just hating because it's cool to hate.

^^Yeah...and a lot of western cunts are hearing about the Russians bullying the poor Ukrainians. Forgetting the fact that the opposition are Jew hating neo nazis lol.
Actually gays would get beat up on the streets(especially by western Ukrainians)..BUT that is Democracy. Most don't accept it!. In Western society we claim to be democratic but we put the needs of minorities often a head of the majority.

LOL i missed this but Tatu (Russian girl band known for lezzing out in their videoa) were playing when the Russian team came out!

I"m going to go contrarian and be rooting against most of the western powers this Olympics -- maybe except for Bode Miller and the Austrians in skiing and the US in hockey (cause everyone hates them and most people in the US truly doesn't give a sh*t outside the real hockey die-hards). Just pretty sick of the Olympic 'hype' every time these games come around.

I would not be bummed at all if Apollo Anton Ono (is he even in this one?), Hannah Teeter, Michaela Shiffrin (the attractive US skier who the press loves) and the rest of these one-hit wonders all failed to medal, if only to given Americans an understanding of how we can't win everything and to show that our 'freedom and democracy' are by no means the only way to run a country (and that we kinda suck in a lot of ways that very few understand or notice).

Edit: Maria Sharapova bringing in the Olympic torch!!!

Didn't watch the Opening Ceremonies, but I saw this.

Now that's how you sing your national anthem. That broad who sang it in Vancouver in 2010 embarassed everyone.

'Logic Over Emotion Since 2013'

American skier blogging about his experience:
http://noahhoffman.com/olympic-life-day-3/

Seems all positive.

I thought it was well done. No complaints coming from Canada either. Perhaps they dont want to look high and mighty since we held the last winter Olympics and did such a great job.

But I am a sucker for all things Olympic.
Countries coming together to compete in sport. Nothing cooler than that.

I always get a kick out of the countries with one athlete. Venezuela guy jumping around, stoked as hell. Love that shit.

I like watching the Austrians ski downhill.
Italians downhill skiing are nuts.
Canadians in skier cross.
Americans in the halfpipe.
Russian and Canadian ice dancing. Actually, any FSU country in ice dancing.

Canada vs. Russia in hockey. This shit is classic. I will never miss a Canada Russia match up if I can help it.

Canada vs USA hockey.
Canada vs Sweden/Finland
Sweden vs Finland hockey

Norway, Sweden, Finland in Biathalon and ski events.

Agreed about loving countries coming together and competing. Same with the World Cup.

I posted something similar in the unpopular opinion thread, but I'm hoping Canada wins gold in hockey. Besides that, I don't really care. We aren't a strong country in any Olympics, not because of the heart our people put into it, but because there isn't enough funding for them to train to their maximum capability.

With regards to puck, it's going to be bloody difficult. The Americans are strong, and the Russians are going to be totally amped up to bring it against everyone. If I were a betting man, my money would be on them. I'm expecting us and the Russians to meet somewhere along the line, hopefully in the final. When that happens, it'll be war, '72 style.

Besides that, I'd like to see Russia clean up. It's always good to see the host nation do well, but this is particularly true with Russia because of the shit they've caught leading up to this.

'Logic Over Emotion Since 2013'

Wel done opening ceremony

OK so Norway went 1,3 and 4 in x-country skiing with Sweden taking 2nd.

All I could think was "Booooooooooo")))))

I am getting seriously jaded on these Scandanavian countries given all the forum hype about how uber-Feminist they have become. Think I've gotta tone it down as they just can't be that bad (can they?). I've been to Denmark and Sweden but just for a week - yeah men were a little more subdued and polite (except the biker gang / Moroccan dudes there) but I didn't get the sense it was over-archingly bad. I guess I need to go back and revisit it in a new light.

Edit: ha ha that was a women's event - it was sorta hard to tell!!

Double edit: The American snowboarder dude got the game's first gold medal! [Image: american.gif]

Quote:Quote:

OK so Norway went 1,3 and 4 in x-country skiing with Sweden taking 2nd.All I could think was "Booooooooooo")))))

Get used to it. In Whistler 2010 something like 55% of all cross-country medals ended up in Norway/Sweden/Finland.

And let's stick to the sports only in this thread.

Quote:Quote:

Now that's how you sing your national anthem.

^^^ Stalin's tune. Putin's words. Gotta hand it to those commies for writing a good one, though.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

"Russian women are notoriously sexual"

"Russian women are notoriously sexual. In Russian culture, women constantly strive to look sexy, hot, want-able. Skirts and heels are standard. Mini skirts at that. Jeans and trainers, casual 'unisex' outfits on women are frowned upon. Women take great pride in their clothes, and always dress to the T's," she says.
"Russians are very sex confident. It is a topic that is always open to discussion, it is not taboo and shameful like it is in many Western countries. Many many women have lingerie photoshoots for fun, for themselves – to feel confident and celebrate their body. It is not seen as prostitution or degradation – it is seen as strength and confidence."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-...ng-us.html

Interesting article on the Russian women competitors!

Quote: (02-08-2014 12:47 PM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

"Russian women are notoriously sexual"

"Russian women are notoriously sexual. In Russian culture, women constantly strive to look sexy, hot, want-able. Skirts and heels are standard. Mini skirts at that. Jeans and trainers, casual 'unisex' outfits on women are frowned upon. Women take great pride in their clothes, and always dress to the T's," she says.
"Russians are very sex confident. It is a topic that is always open to discussion, it is not taboo and shameful like it is in many Western countries. Many many women have lingerie photoshoots for fun, for themselves – to feel confident and celebrate their body. It is not seen as prostitution or degradation – it is seen as strength and confidence."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-...ng-us.html

Interesting article on the Russian women competitors!

Not the western Feminist slight by implying they are "not sees as prostitution or degradation"...what the hell where does that come from? If they wrote something like that re western women for wearing say some American Apparel skanky outfit they would be attacked mercilessly!!

Meanwhile girls in the West and specifically the US and UK have the global reputation as being the easiest/sluttiest in the world - but they love to cast aspersions at anything Russian.

These western mainstream media people just live in their own little world/bubble.

Can't believe Bode Miller didn't even medal - the Olympics seem to always bring out these amazingly unexpected skiing results - remember Bill Johnson? Glad an Austrian won the gold though - I think their skiing team will have a great Olympics.

Norway is on fire already too. BTW, the Norwegian guy who won the 10K biathlon (Ole Einar Bjoerndalen) is 40 (!!) and has 12 Olympic medals (tying a record). I find that incredible. Biathlon athletes are just in amazing shape and to win a gold in a men's even at 40 is unbelievable.

From the BBC:
Ole Einar Bjoerndalen wins biathlon 10km sprint

Norway's Ole Einar Bjoerndalen equalled the record for most medals won at the Winter Olympics as the 22nd Games got under way in Sochi, Russia.
Bjoerndalen, 40, won the biathlon 10km sprint to take his tally to 12 medals, matching compatriot Bjoern Daehlie.

“Life is too short to give up... this is one of my most important victories”

Quote: (02-09-2014 04:37 AM)Akula Wrote:  

BTW, the Norwegian guy who won the 10K biathlon (Ole Einar Bjoerndalen) is 40 (!!) and has 12 Olympic medals (tying a record). I find that incredible. Biathlon athletes are just in amazing shape and to win a gold in a men's even at 40 is unbelievable.

The most impressive thing about that victory is that he actually missed a shot (1/10). In the Olympics that usually excludes you from a medal right away since it means an extra 15s to your time.

Great Canadian run in moguls.

Back to back golds for Bilideau. And a silver to a kid first timer.

Russia with a bronze. Lots of stoke all around the mountain today!!