rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where to get feedback on biz idea?

I have a concept for a service in the SEO field, but before I execute I'd like to get some feedback from people with experience in that area. Are there any good forums with business owners that you know of? Also, if you have an online business making a full-time income, I'd love to get your feedback on my idea via pm.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

easiest way to get feedback on an idea is to execute a test on it.

throw a few ads around offering what you plan on offering, get any bites? It low cost and will give you actual results instead of theories.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Quote: (01-27-2014 06:48 AM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

easiest way to get feedback on an idea is to execute a test on it.

throw a few ads around offering what you plan on offering, get any bites? It low cost and will give you actual results instead of theories.

yeah this is spot on.

Test for commercial intent on a small scale with some ads.

Your best avenue for this is "custom audience" fb ads in my opinion because of the hyper targetting it allows for.

For example I'm a member of a bunch of internet marketing facebook groups ranging from Media buying to PPC. People are in these groups to share ideas, new products/resources, network/JV etc

It wouldn't be hard to find similar groups who are just focused on SEO.
here's one for example - https://www.facebook.com/groups/seofbgroup/

I'm not saying spam these groups...advertise to them.

You can do this by building "custom audiences" within facebook ads manager targetting all the people in these SEO groups.

"Custom audiences allow advertisers to target their Sponsored Story or ad to a specific set of users. Audiences can be defined by either user email address, Facebook UIDs, user phone numbers, app user IDs, or Apple's IDFA"

Check out tools like http://www.socialleadfreak.com/ to build these audiences.

I do this all the time to test new markets before going into them....also as a tool to see what marketing angles, headlines, copy, images etc get the best response within a target market.

Case study. Build it for yourself, make money with it, then sell it based in your credibility.

Try the Fastlane Forums. http://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/
I think they changed it and there are now some private forums and the navigation around there isn't the best, but its your best bet probably. A lot of the time, people will say something is unrealistic though without that much foundation.