rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

There is a forum for everything

I'm more of a lurker on the internet than anything else and even though I understand there is a lot of people in the world, it still amazes me how many sites there are for literally every little topic. I was watching tennis and looked up something about Roger Federer and the man has dozens of forums dedicated to discussion of him. It boggles my mind. Every topic you could possibly think of has entire forums dedicated to just that topic.

Quote: (01-20-2014 11:55 PM)KorbenDallas Wrote:  

I'm more of a lurker on the internet than anything else and even though I understand there is a lot of people in the world, it still amazes me how many sites there are for literally every little topic. I was watching tennis and looked up something about Roger Federer and the man has dozens of forums dedicated to discussion of him. It boggles my mind. Every topic you could possibly think of has entire forums dedicated to just that topic.

Yep, with the advent of the internet and discussion boards I have to say I've obtained a vast amount of knowledge from just what people have shared with me both directly and indirectly.

And yes they do have a forum for just about everything. Good and bad.

http://youtu.be/HJOSm9Bg7WY?t=15m

Pause and read the post at 15:00. Wish I could hunt those fuckers down. Its only because of sick fucks like this that I support some (not a lot) regulation of the internet.

I love finding a once popular forum that completely died, the whole community just slowly disappeared. The sites would still be up and running but Admins and Mods never bothered to keep it active and themselves left. An internet ghost town.

Also my buddy once ran a forum that was like Barkerville, boomed and then bust in the span of a couple months. He kept it up for the occasional ad sense that covered expenses and brought side income. The forum 5-7 years after inactive suddenly had a rush of people posting and sharing CP, buddy didn't know until an Ad Sense rep banned him. Apparently it happens often so he thankfully didn't face any charges.

Quote: (01-21-2014 12:01 AM)Laurifer Wrote:  

Yep, with the advent of the internet and discussion boards I have to say I've obtained a vast amount of knowledge from just what people have shared with me both directly and indirectly.

Pause and read the post at 15:00. Wish I could hunt those fuckers down. Its only because of sick fucks like this that I support some (not a lot) regulation of the internet.

I'm afraid to click on that link

Quote: (01-21-2014 12:01 AM)Laurifer Wrote:  

Fucking disgusting. I don't think the internet needs to be regulated as much as we need a way to get rid of anonymity. People need to take responsibility for the things they say. When I was younger I used to have fun saying bad things anonymously, but at this age there isn't a single thing that I wouldn't take responsibility for saying now. Everything should be tied to your Facebook account or something. Freedom of speech is a thing, but you shouldn't be afforded that right if you can't take responsibility for what you're saying.

Internet Accountability > Internet Regulation

I disagree...Anonymity of speech should be protected. The way the founders communicated their ideas in the revolutionary war was partly through anonymous pamphlets which started the fire under the American people to get out from under the boot of King George. Anonymity has also helped the manosphere's discourse. I don't think Heartiste would blog if he couldn't do it anonymously.

It's not like the psycho rapist-pedophile will be prevented from abusing his victims just because anonymous speech was somehow totally prevented. It will just stop him from bragging. We've had plenty of children abused during the last 10 000 years before the internet, haven't we? Just because we don't like reading something from some deranged individuals who should be locked away anyway doesn't mean we should ban reading or writing.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before