rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

You guys remember Lindy's Flight story?

I re-read the story of Lindy West going on a flight. This is my interpretation, I'm so fucking outraged reading it again. I'm surprised that the plane could take off with her onboard, surprised it didn't take more to get off the ground, eg.

[Image: 188972.gif]

"I’d almost missed the plane—I was that person staggering on board just before the doors closed—and I’m sure he thought he was going to have the row all to himself.

[Image: I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg]

I flashed him an apologetic smile (I know that aeronautical heartbreak too well!) and pointed to the middle seat. “Hey, sorry, I’m over there.”

He looked at my body, sort of glared blankly at my hips, but didn’t respond or make eye contact with me.

[Image: 2147093-un_mother_of_god_meme_rage_face.jpg]

Then, as I went to put my bag in the overhead bin, I heard him mutter something sour.

“[Something something] say excuse me.”

My adrenaline went bonkers.

[Image: Goku-turns-into-super-saiyan-1_o_GIFSoupcom.gif]

Was someone being a dick to me? In person? At 7 am? In an enclosed space? For no reason? When I have a hangover?

[Image: A_vEMXXCUAI7DdI.jpg:large]

And we’re about to be stuck next to each other for the next five hours? I’m used to men treating me like garbage virtually, or from fast-moving cars, but this close-quarters IRL shit-talking was a jarring novelty.

Me: “What?”

[Image: i-m-am-sorry-meme-fun-bajiroo.jpg]

Him: “Nothing.”

Me: “No, you said something. What did you say?”

Him: “Nothing.”

Me: “No. What did you say? Tell me.”

[Image: template.jpg]

As soon as he fell asleep (with his mouth open like a NERD), I passive-aggressively jarred his foot with my backpack and then said, “OH, EXCUSE ME,” because I am an adult. We ignored each other for the rest of the flight.

[Image: depositphotos_6630989-Fat-bsinesswoman-i...gloves.jpg]

Fat woman's violent.

BITCH BE SHAMING NERDS?
[Image: SexyNerd.jpg]
[Image: lindy-west-jezebel-writer.jpg]
GIVE ME THE HOT NERD PLEASE, GET THE MOTHERFUCKING LAND WHALE AWAY FROM ME.

Then, she assaulted him. Her presence was bad enough, she gave the poor man a reason to swallow the red pill.

Damn. I've never felt so bad for a guy in my life.

Yeah, but why make a whole new thread about it? Could just toss this in the thread already there?

Quote: (01-20-2014 03:16 PM)commiejoe Wrote:  

Yeah, but why make a whole new thread about it? Could just toss this in the thread already there?

Didn't want to semi-bump it, and I was pissed off when writing it.

It wouldn't have been a useless bump, it's nice to get the rage out though.

I read the article and it just seemed silly, completely ridiculous. Her plight on the flight is nothing compared to being tall (6'4"+) on an airplane. Back is fucked for 48hrs.

Are we turning into Buzzfeed?

Quote: (01-20-2014 06:48 PM)MHaes Wrote:  

looks like it

Quote: (01-20-2014 07:20 PM)pheonix500000 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-20-2014 06:48 PM)MHaes Wrote:  

looks like it

Never visited the site..?