rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Toronto: Dean Blundell Show Cancelled over gay remarks

This radio show has/had been on for 13 years in the city and it has always been, well, howard stern esque in its commentary. Its been the same but Canadian intolerance for making fun of women, homosexuals and well anything white male been on the rise.

Blow #1 was earlier in 2013 when one co host was fired for applauding a veteran who fought with a bunch of women who showed up to boo and spit on veterans at a rememberance day ceremony http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/11/...-war-dead/

Blow #2 The show has been outright cancelled after a producer was accused of being homophobic after he served as a jury foreman that convicted a man of sexually assaulting 3 men in a bath house (hilarious)
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/01/...ntary.html

Saddening that this show was great from a red pill standpoint. They took on stories like the blogger who was doing the dates for restaurant thing, their free divorce advice days, and 'what happened' segments which were essentially women calling in and telling slut stories, revenge or cheating stories the likes of which are regularly posted on this forum.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

LOL WTF? I can't believe that someone can be harassed over his decision in a jury that was called to serve in. That's blackmail and obstruction of justice by default. Incredibly ridiculous. These crazy people will never have enough.

Upon more closely reading the article ( http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/01/...ntary.html ), I am forced to conclude that this is not the case though. Him joking about the trial on air really does put unnecessary doubts into the jury verdict. He's probably breached some sort of confidentiality agreement with the court. Still doesn't make him homophobic, though.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (01-07-2014 06:20 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

LOL WTF? I can't believe that someone can be harassed over his decision in a jury that was called to serve in. That's blackmail and obstruction of justice by default. Incredibly ridiculous. These crazy people will never have enough.

Upon more closely reading the article ( http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/01/...ntary.html ), I am forced to conclude that this is not the case though. Him joking about the trial on air really does put unnecessary doubts into the jury verdict. He's probably breached some sort of confidentiality agreement with the court. Still doesn't make him homophobic, though.

yep, i remember when they were harassing the producer on his day off to talk about the case and I thought 'this can't be good' but again, its not how its being presented in the headlines as 'jury tampering cancels show' or why the producer just wasn't let go.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I used to listen this show when I was in HS, then started again after my undergrad. I thought they were pretty funny when I was younger, but they got old pretty quick. I never liked Dean, but I thought Todd (the first guy fired) sounded like a bright guy with a solid attitude. Dean always seemed like the show was all about him (yes, it did have his name in the title, but everything had to revolve around him).

After I started listening to Opie and Anthony though, the DBS just seemed was a poor crack at being an edgy sort of show. This was something O&A had perfected. Towards the end of its existence, it seemed that the guys on it weren't really trying, as they didn't have anything to really talk about. Instead, they resorted with people calling in and talking about shit, or bringing in wackos like Psychic Nikki and having people call in and mock her. Way too many commercials too. The only possible way of enjoying the show was listening to the podcasts the next day.

The whole thing with Derek though was beyond retarded. What an idiot that guy is. I guess the main problem if he was let go would be Dean having to talk by himself, as everyone else (Derek, Todd, and before that, Jason Barr) had been fired.

'Logic Over Emotion Since 2013'