rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Congressman That Went Off The Grid

The Congressman That Went Off The Grid

This was a pretty interesting article about a former United States Congressman that always waited for the apocalypse. He believes that the U.S. power grid is vulnerable to attack, so he went out and built his own rustic sustainable paradise.

Quote:Quote:

It’s all part of practicing what you preach, he says. In Bartlett’s case, that’s a lifestyle that relies on the government and other people as little as possible. Certainly, that was always his political platform; as the congressman from Maryland’s 6th district, he advocated limited government, living within one’s means—and, more surprising perhaps for a conservative Republican, expanding green energy. In 2005, he founded the Peak Oil Caucus, a group concerned that the world will soon deplete its supply of oil. (“Roscoe was green before it was cool to be green,” Maryland Democratic Rep. Steny Hoyer once said.) He’s staunchly anti-abortion but searched for middle ground on stem cell research, and he’s a Second Amendment proponent who has never owned a gun. The Washington Post once wrote that Bartlett had a “quirky, down-home conservative style,” and among his colleagues in Washington there was a clear sense that this was not just another cookie-cutter congressman: Bartlett, Rep. Howard “Buck” McKeon (R-Calif.) once said diplomatically, “comes at things from different angles.”

The older I get the less I like the city life, and eventually I will be out in the middle of nowhere.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2...Page2.html

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine