rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New Year's Eve Game - An occasion for a mass text

We all have numbers in our phones for girls who, for one reason or another, we don't see or talk to. Maybe you have banged before, maybe you haven't. In any case, I think that New Year's eve is a good occasion to restart a conversation, something which can lead to the bang (or, for the ones you have banged before, restart banging).

The idea is simple. You send out a text wishing everyone a happy new year, or something to that effect. It should be clear that you are sending a mass text; this way, it won't seem odd that you are messaging them out of the blue. Hopefully some will respond, and you take it from there if they do.

This will be my first time doing this. I will report back on how it goes.

Can someone move to this the Game section? That's where I intended to post it.

Quote: (12-29-2013 08:08 PM)Indefatigable Wrote:  

We all have numbers in our phones for girls who, for one reason or another, we don't see or talk to. Maybe you have banged before, maybe you haven't. In any case, I think that New Year's eve is a good occasion to restart a conversation, something which can lead to the bang (or, for the ones you have banged before, restart banging).

The idea is simple. You send out a text wishing everyone a happy new year, or something to that effect. It should be clear that you are sending a mass text; this way, it won't seem odd that you are messaging them out of the blue. Hopefully some will respond, and you take it from there if they do.

There was a recent thread on holiday texts, so this is kind of a dupe thread.

Quote: (12-29-2013 08:14 PM)soup Wrote:  

Quote: (12-29-2013 08:08 PM)Indefatigable Wrote:  

There was a recent thread on holiday texts, so this is kind of a dupe thread.

Where? I can't find it.

It's the mass text for thanksgiving thread from a month ago.

Quote: (12-29-2013 10:11 PM)soup Wrote:  

It's the mass text for thanksgiving thread from a month ago.

Ok, I found it. I guess great minds think alike. I think that New Years Eve may be better day to send out a mass text though.

Anyway, for anyone who doesn't know what thread he is talking about, the thread is here

Actually why make it clear it's a mass text instead of personal? It's a good touch to make it personal -- they know you didn't just mass text them like half their friends did.

Quote: (12-30-2013 11:52 PM)paninaro Wrote:  

Actually why make it clear it's a mass text instead of personal? It's a good touch to make it personal -- they know you didn't just mass text them like half their friends did.

1. The women I'm planning on messaging include at least one woman I never texted/talked to. (The story is complicated.) It will seem odd if my first text is a personalized greeting wishing her a happy new year. There are other particular reasons why it will seem odd to some of the other women I will text.

2. I don't want it to seem like a deliberate attempt to get the conversation going again.

3. It will take too much time.