rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Asian women win online dating global competition

Not surprisingly, Asian women win online-dating global competition (according to a scientific study by Kevin Lewis, from Harvard):

[Image: ethnic-preferences2_custom.png]

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/on...-1.1507034

"As a graduate student at Harvard University, sociologist Kevin Lewis began working with a data set that tracked something that scientists had never really been able to systematically study: the earliest stages of courtship. By studying interactions in online dating, he could probe human flirtation in its natural environment in unprecedented detail. Who initiates the interaction? Who reciprocates? What happens next?"

Welcome to the forum. This is a fascinating study.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I have to say, the two results I found most interesting are Asian men responding highest to latina women and black women responding lowest to white men. I would not have guessed either. Neither would I have guessed that latina women are pickier than white women. Also, considering the thirstiness of your typical male online dater, it's amazing that any women's response rate would be higher than a male's lowest response rate.

I would have preferred the study use some level of correspondence rather than just initial response rates (like a back and forth of at least five responses) and then record those rates. Kind of eliminates the noise from the male end, where guys throw shit against a wall to see what sticks, and the female end where chicks approach guys way out of their league.

The chart makes complete sense.

Women chase controllable men with money (westerners), men chase the easy attractive pussy (Luv U Long Time).

Fascinating, but not really news.

I'm not surprised that the Asian girls won. Two reasons- 1) Asian girls less a part of global obesity epidemic. 2) Asian girls age much better. When the girls are as hot at 31 as 21 then you have a bigger pool of attractive girls.

Quote: (12-09-2013 03:28 PM)savvylurker Wrote:  

I'm not surprised that the Asian girls won. Two reasons- 1) Asian girls less a part of global obesity epidemic. 2) Asian girls age much better. When the girls are as hot at 31 as 21 then you have a bigger pool of attractive girls.

They're hot to YOU. I'm sure the average Asian guy can pick out defects in the older Asian broads. There's a certain novelty factor to dating outside of your race that gives women a +1 to +2 point bump in attractiveness.

All women hit the wall eventually. You shouldn't even care about the wall unless you're in the market to buy and hold. Which the gentlemen here clearly are not. We're all pussy day traders here [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-09-2013 03:52 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

All women hit the wall eventually. You shouldn't even care about the wall unless you're in the market to buy and hold. Which the gentlemen here clearly are not. We're all pussy day traders here [Image: lol.gif]

Asian women take a long time to hit that wall. Even if you are not in the market to buy and hold, you can pull much more girls if your search is no longer limited to girls in their 20's.

This Japanese woman is 43. What 43 year old white woman looks like this?

[Image: bg6Mlb9.jpg]

Quote: (12-09-2013 04:18 PM)Collide Wrote:  

Asian women take a long time to hit that wall. Even if you are not in the market to buy and hold, you can pull much more girls if your search is no longer limited to girls in their 20's.

Yeah she's attractive. So what. To you and me she's a 7 or 8.
In Japan she's a 5. It's all relative.

Is your point that older woman are easier to bang? If so, I agree.

Team Nachos

I love east-Asian women, but the stats are suspicious..from the article:

Quote:Quote:

Lewis looked at data from 126,134 users of the free online dating site OKCupid, examining all messages sent by those users from October to December 2010. The sample included people who identified as single, straight, living in the U.S., and seeking short-term and/or long-term dating partners, and who self-identified with one of the five largest racial categories on the site: Asian, black, Hispanic/Latin and white. All identifying information, photos and essays were stripped from the profiles, so that Lewis was only aware of the user's race, gender and the timestamp of their messages.

How is this “global” - it's US only. BTW The article mentions Asian and Indian, yet the charts do not have Indian in them – was Indian bundled into Asian? A sample size of 126k comes to 0.002% of the global population – this isn’t representative at all.

Watch out, she doesn't look like that all the time, from other photographs I saw on a reddit thread about her. It's basically an elaborate mask of makeup and soft lighting that lets her look like this in photographs. Not that Asian women don't age better, but that broad is like the outliar of outliers.

Agreed. Attractive Asian women stay hot until 55-58. And then one morning they look like this.
[Image: attachment.jpg15848]   

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

There's a certain novelty factor to dating outside of your race that gives women a +1 to +2 point bump in attractiveness.

There is definitely something to this. I notice that when guys date specifically outside their race, and I do, they tend to fetishize. If a woman checks certain boxes, for example the super-ass on a Black girl or super spinner skinniness on an Asian, then other flaws are ignored. I find myself forgiving Kate Upton's square, lifeless ass because she's a cute blonde with a great rack.

Brazilian women are often forgiven a butter face because of a great shape and skin tone. Ukrainians bad teeth/skin because they're fair and slim. Russians and Asians are almost devoid of ass. And so on. When people focus heavily on their own little fetish they often fail to see the bigger picture.

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2013/03/0...awa-right/

To be sure, the East Asian men tended to prefer more immature and inexpressive faces whereas the Black American men tended to prefer women with larger buttocks and a heavier body build.

Different races have different preferences. Kind of obvious but thought I'd highlight that anyway.

Female raters gave the highest ratings to Black men, followed by White men and East Asian men. Male raters gave the highest ratings to East Asian women, followed by White women and Black women.

This also supports the original post that East Asian women are the most attractive and black women are the least attractive.

Satoshi Kanazawa proposed a study that black women are the least attractive because they produce the most testosterone. The global community had an outrage and he was later fired.

Quote: (12-09-2013 04:39 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

A sample size of 126k comes to 0.002% of the global population – this isn’t representative at all.

It is actually a very big and good sample size. Polling more than 125,000 people, it's actually huge.

Polls you read about in the papers, usually include far less people in their samples!!

(But you are right on one thing, it seems to only be data taken from US users.)

What strikes me : White men answering more to Asian women online, than to White women.

And it means 2 things, I think :

1- Bitch shields are so high in White women, that White men loose hope and with them.

2- Age Gap Acceptance : any man over 35 or say, 38, is basically screwed as to dating beautiful young White women. So they turn to the more tolerant, cute Asian women.

Quote: (12-09-2013 05:13 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:  

There is definitely something to this. I notice that when guys date specifically outside their race, and I do, they tend to fetishize. If a woman checks certain boxes, for example the super-ass on a Black girl or super spinner skinniness on an Asian, then other flaws are ignored. I find myself forgiving Kate Upton's square, lifeless ass because she's a cute blonde with a great rack.

Brazilian women are often forgiven a butter face because of a great shape and skin tone. Ukrainians bad teeth/skin because they're fair and slim. Russians and Asians are almost devoid of ass. And so on. When people focus heavily on their own little fetish they often fail to see the bigger picture.

I'd bang a flat assed A-cup Asian with a pretty face, but I wouldn't look twice at a white, black or Latina woman with the same body.

Quote: (12-09-2013 06:38 PM)Target Acquisition Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2013 04:39 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

A sample size of 126k comes to 0.002% of the global population – this isn’t representative at all.

It is actually a very big and good sample size. Polling more than 125,000 people, it's actually huge.

Polls you read about in the papers, usually include far less people in their samples!!

(But you are right on one thing, it seems to only be data taken from US users.)

What strikes me : White men answering more to Asian women online, than to White women.

1- Bitch shields are so high in White women, that White men loose hope and with them.

2- Age Gap Acceptance : any man over 35 or say, 38, is basically screwed as to dating beautiful young White women. So they turn to the more tolerant, cute Asian women.

Surveys are only worthwhile if the sample set is an accurate representation of the wider population. People who go into online dating are not representative of the wider population, because a lot of people don’t do online dating at all! As guys have said in other threads, a 5 or 6 who may turn you down online may give you a ONS if you met her at a bar. Most women above a 8 don’t need online dating and most guys who have their shit together don’t go online either.

Guys in different parts of the world have different preferences. I'm originally from UK and I never knew a single guy who liked east-Asian women above other races when I lived there. I bet if this survey was done in Europe, Asia or Africa the stats would be totally different.

These are probably the most famous east-Asian women in UK currently, but I doubt if the average Brit could name them:

Gemma Chan (actress):
[Image: Gemma+Chan+Brighton+Rock+European+Film+P...szAitl.jpg]

[Image: Gemma_Chan.jpg]

Ching He Huang (TV chef):

[Image: CCECC%20_EasyChinese_%231EC7E83.jpg]

[Image: bbcfood_ching.jpg]

I don't think it's a bitch shield thing in this case but rather that white women, on average, wildly overestimate what they can pull in the SMP. Remember, it's a response rate so the women have already sent a message i.e. they're already interested. Anecdotally, when I used online dating, the white women who would message me unsolicited were, under no circumstances, bangable. Not as bad with other races in my experience.

It's not white women that are the problem. It's white American women. That princess cunt attitude is also bleeding into other females. So really it's an American woman thing.
[Image: american.gif]

Team Nachos

White women in Europe are so different from white American women, it's not even funny. They're not even from the same planet in terms of entitlement, bitchy attitude and cunty outrage over petty topics.

This is a good sample size that would represent the average "dating market size" for a City of a million people. Your basically working in a field in numbers around 100k for both when and competition.

The only thing that might skew this is if the research guy didn't go on far away from the tree and got Data of the Boston / Cambridge area that might as we'll be a Asian Free Trade Zone set up by the Chinese.

Nothing really surprises me here, maybe except that high message rate of Black Men to Asian women. I like Asian girls but many of my brothers don't, period, and will always message a Latina girl before an Asian girl.

The black American women will forever be alone. How the hell do you have the lowest/highest response rates to Black men? That means your picky, top choosy, and have to high of expectations. The fat black bitches whom have the balls to message my troll online profiles are a joke. Precious looking girls whom send pics in messages and I reply with "not my type" with the quickness and they get snarky as fuck back.

Back to Asian girls, for what this study is worth, they are the new white girls. I've been to trying to tell my homies this for a long time now. NA White girl stock has fallen fast, I only go after them because of the abundance of them but my tastes have sailed away from that island a long time ago.

Quote: (12-10-2013 08:07 AM)augen sehen Wrote:  

White women in Europe are so different from white American women, it's not even funny. They're not even from the same planet in terms of entitlement, bitchy attitude and cunty outrage over petty topics.

One of the many consequences of world wars in your back yard.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

First, I'd like to point out that the title of this thread is misleading. This is not a GLOBAL study. From the article linked:

The sample included people who identified as single, straight, living in the U.S., and seeking short-term and/or long-term dating partners, and who self-identified with one of the five largest racial categories on the site: Asian, black, Hispanic/Latin and white. All identifying information, photos and essays were stripped from the profiles, so that Lewis was only aware of the user's race, gender and the timestamp of their messages.

And...

Quote: (12-09-2013 02:58 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:  

The chart makes complete sense.

Women chase controllable men with money (westerners),

Maybe you missed that this was a U.S. study and not a global one, but if not, keep in mind that Asian Americans themselves are a wealthy race - highest median personal income and median household income of any other ethnic group in America.

And I'd also say the Asian guys are probably pretty controllable too, at least the ones that come from middle class and above homes anyways (though I accept this may be my own case of assuming too much here).

men chase the easy attractive pussy (Luv U Long Time).

Fascinating, but not really news.

Your conclusion is fascinating but once again untrue.

Research shows Asian American women to be more sexually conservative than women from other ethnic groups in the country. I believe they are THE most sexually conservative, though I'd have to look it up.

Stereotypes. Sneaky little fuckers, aren't they?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (12-10-2013 09:41 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Nothing really surprises me here, maybe except that high message rate of Black Men to Asian women. I like Asian girls but many of my brothers don't, period, and will always message a Latina girl before an Asian girl.

The black American women will forever be alone. How the hell do you have the lowest/highest response rates to Black men? That means your picky, top choosy, and have to high of expectations. The fat black bitches whom have the balls to message my troll online profiles are a joke. Precious looking girls whom send pics in messages and I reply with "not my type" with the quickness and they get snarky as fuck back.

Back to Asian girls, for what this study is worth, they are the new white girls. I've been to trying to tell my homies this for a long time now. NA White girl stock has fallen fast, I only go after them because of the abundance of them but my tastes have sailed away from that island a long time ago.

What are the attitudes towards Indian women? I know that Canada has a lot of Indian women there. They're considered very desirable in UK.

I think guys who like curvy women will never go for Asian women - apart from a few outliers they're not curvy. I've come across a few with big boobs or a big arse; very rare for an Asian to have both in my experience.

Quote: (12-10-2013 11:07 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Maybe you missed that this was a U.S. study and not a global one, but if not, keep in mind that Asian Americans themselves are a wealthy race - highest median personal income and median household income of any other ethnic group in America.

And I'd also say the Asian guys are probably pretty controllable too, at least the ones that come from middle class and above homes anyways (though I accept this may be my own case of assuming too much here).

Research shows Asian American women to be more sexually conservative than women from other ethnic groups in the country. I believe they are THE most sexually conservative, though I'd have to look it up.

There's many different types of Asians - Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc and they're very different in terms of who they're open to dating & in terms of wealth.

I think that SE Asians (Filipino, Thai, Cambodian, Laotian) are more open minded than NE Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) regarding dating.

NE Asians are pretty well off in the US, whereas a lot of SE Asians are not. I don't see how all of these Asian groups can be grouped together.

Quote: (12-10-2013 01:08 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

I think guys who like curvy women will never go for Asian women - apart from a few outliers they're not curvy. I've come across a few with big boobs or a big arse; very rare for an Asian to have both in my experience.

You may be in luck!

[Image: fat_people_09.jpg]

[Image: big-fat-asian.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (12-10-2013 01:08 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2013 11:07 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

There's many different types of Asians - Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc and they're very different in terms of who they're open to dating & in terms of wealth.

I think that SE Asians (Filipino, Thai, Cambodian, Laotian) are more open minded than NE Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) regarding dating.

NE Asians are pretty well off in the US, whereas a lot of SE Asians are not. I don't see how all of these Asian groups can be grouped together.

And yet they are. Again and over again.

These various different ethnic groups are similar enough in sexual preferences and wealth (among many other things) to regularly be put under the same umbrella as it pertains to studying the Asian American demographic. I took into account their differences - I've lived in Asia for a long time and well aware of the diversity of cultures here. But in the context of the discussion it doesn't make nearly as much of a difference as you think.

I find it extremely interesting though that you found my post to be the one worthy of comment...

I was only confronting the insinuation that Asian women are all easy and white men all easily controllable and wealthy - much more negative and shortsighted assumptions than the points I mentioned about Asian American men in opposition to the statement. And I at least brought facts.

This entire thread puts Asian women in the same boat, for instance. Even the study the thread is about did it...

But such a categorization is not an issue until I use it to confront the "oversimplifications" in Shotgun's post? [Image: huh.gif]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (12-10-2013 01:53 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

I find it extremely interesting though that you found my post to be the one worthy of comment...

I was only confronting the insinuation that Asian women are all easy and white men all easily controllable and wealthy - much more negative and shortsighted assumptions than the points I mentioned about Asian American men in opposition to the statement. And I at least brought facts.

This entire thread puts Asian women in the same boat, for instance. Even the study the thread is about did it...

But such a categorization is not an issue until I use it to confront the oversimplifications about white men and Asian women? [Image: huh.gif]

I wasn't even thinking about white men and Asian women when I was writing my post. I was referring to stereotypes and income.