rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Self help article which said "you live in the present, fuck the journey"

A few weeks ago, I found a self help article posted here, where the writer talked about how what's more important is making your "present life" satisfying, and that "suffering through the journey" is not necessarily a good thing, as you "live in the present".

The guy also says that he's made and lost fortunes a few times. There were times he couldn't withdraw money from the ATM, as the amount he had was too little to withdraw.

The forum member who posted this, iirc, made a thread where he posted a few articles of that author.

Any idea who I'm talking about? I should've bookmarked this. I've searched, including with Google, multiple times, and I can't find anything.

Would appreciate it if someone could help.

Thanks!

Sounds like James Altucher to me.

He's got more of his rantings at JamesAltucher.com. Great stuff.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling