rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Wonders of Nootropics: Piracetam, Oxiracetam and Noopept

Alright everyone, figured I'd give you all the low down on Nootropics, most notably Piracetam, Oxiracetam and Noopept. For those of you who don't know, the mechanism of nootropics is currently unknown, but they have been shown to increase memory capacity and cognitive ability.

The most famous of these, Piracetam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracetam) has been through many studies and it is found to have an effect on the memories of older patients. However, the effects on younger people (I'm 21) is relatively obscured. So I decided to give it a shot and order some from Amazon about a year ago, and I won't go without them for long periods of time now.

Just to give you a background; as stated, I'm 21, have a relatively good diet (high protein, high fat), indulge in many forum health tactics such as ACV and a solid regimen of vitamins every day and green tea, and I'm very healthy. I'll start off with Piracetam since it's the first product I've tried. As a quick note, most of these nootropics have been taken with a pill of Choline Bitartrate to prevent headaches.

Piracetam: As the original nootropic, Piracetam definitely was one of the most effective nootropics I've taken. Even after trying both Oxiracetam and Noopept, nothing really compares to a high dose of Piracetam. It provides a clear boost to your brain, and I seemed to be able to always find the right word while writing, which really never happens. Aside from the clear cognitive boost, I really couldn't tell if my memory was better, it honestly just seemed the same. I bought it from ebay at (http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-High-Quality...4accdfec85)

Overall I'd give Piracetam an 8/10 for cognitive enhancement, while for memory it's probably going to be around a 3/10 since I couldn't notice a difference but didn't effect me negatively.

Oxiracetam- Since I really went through different parts of my life with different products, I can vouch for Oxiracetam for a few effects. I used Oxi after I finished school so I would be able to truly study the effects. At this time, I was learning French (combo of duolingo and Pimsleur) and I can really say that I felt the difference afterwards in spatial memory of vocabulary, grammar and sentence structure. I never noticed a difference while on the product, but after taking it I definitely noticed a memory difference.

Oxi's going to be around a 3/10 for cognitive enhancement and 7/10 for memory, since I could remember a ton more, but I wasn't perfect. Oxi also tasted the best in powder form (Piracetam tastes like shit).

Noopept- This product is supposed to be a hyper-concentrated version of Piracetam, but honestly it did almost nothing for me. The jury is still out, however, as I am currently on it and it's supposed to have a cumulative effect on memory and cognitive ability. It's semi-noticeable, however, when you take it because it does slightly increase my energy levels.

Noopept gets a 5 for both categories, since I haven't really been able to experience either cognitive enhancement or memory, but I'll believe what was said about it and put my stock in the future.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Overall, I'd suggest Piracetam for doing strenuous mental work (writing, math) and Oxiracetam for memory-strenuous activities (language learning, studying).[/font]

Can you post names/links of place where you did your research about various nootropics?

Quote: (12-01-2013 06:13 PM)ComebackKid Wrote:  

Can you post names/links of place where you did your research about various nootropics?

This is a great website (http://thenootropicsguide.com/) although just googling nootropics will get you a ton of good websites, even wikipedia.

I'm taking Piracetam, NAC, L-Arginine (for lifting and out of curiosity). How much do you dose Piracetam? I have tried 5 grams once or twice a day but the doseage seems steep. Incredibly bitter. It seems to have a short half life.

Have you tried pairing Piracetam with choline supplements?

I like the effect (have no tried choline supplements with it), Piracetam makes boring tasks like cleaning and doing busywork fairly enjoyable. I seem to get about 1/3 more homework done in the same amount of time.

Supposedly Noopept is also x1000 times more powerful than most nootropics on the market. It's possible that you got fake Noopept.

I will get L-Theanine soon, as it is cheap and is often paired with caffeine, so it should synergize well with my regular lifestyle. Supposedly 200mg of both L-Theanine and caffeine are an effective dose. It's one of those non-essential amino acids that is only found in green tea (so you could conceivably drink nothing but lots of green tea and get all the benefits).

Quote: (02-14-2016 08:11 PM)Hades Wrote:  

I'm taking Piracetam, NAC, L-Arginine (for lifting and out of curiosity). How much do you dose Piracetam? I have tried 5 grams once or twice a day but the doseage seems steep. Incredibly bitter. It seems to have a short half life.

Have you tried pairing Piracetam with choline supplements?

I like the effect (have no tried choline supplements with it), Piracetam makes boring tasks like cleaning and doing busywork fairly enjoyable. I seem to get about 1/3 more homework done in the same amount of time.

Supposedly Noopept is also x1000 times more powerful than most nootropics on the market. It's possible that you got fake Noopept.

I will get L-Theanine soon, as it is cheap and is often paired with caffeine, so it should synergize well with my regular lifestyle. Supposedly 200mg of both L-Theanine and caffeine are an effective dose. It's one of those non-essential amino acids that is only found in green tea (so you could conceivably drink nothing but lots of green tea and get all the benefits).

Some nootropics have different effects on people in general due to differing brain chemistry. But I had one really incredible experience with Piracetam, I felt the most clear headed I've ever felt in my life. The choline for me just seems to have a dulling effect on the piracetam. I don't get the racetam headaches, so maybe I'm just lucky.

With all respect, I doubt that there is no side effects of using those drugs. But I would like to ask you, do you have any ? As I understand, the're regulating neurotransmiters production, and as I know serotonine and dopamine work with negative feedback.

I think it would be more profitable, If you need nootropics to achieve some aims, to check your catholamines (D,NE,E), metanephrines, Vanillylmandelic acid in 24 hour urine test, and MTHFR gene mutation as well (it creates problem with tyrosine to dopamine conversion).

Otherwise if you are under 25 y old, I think you just harm your body. I think it's like shooting to target with closed eyes. First we should discover our body.Later if we discover problem, try vitamins and minerals, than drugs like nootropics.

I know that looks kind of demandind but if you really want to help your body, DO IT.

PS.Those test have flaws, mainly you have to buy container for urine and keep it 24 hour with urine in fringe during test.

I'm pretty skeptical about medications/supplements that affect brain chemistry, whose method of action is either unknown or poorly understood, and where the long term consequences of use are unknown.

If I had problems with memory or concentration, I would make lifestyle and diet adjustments (reduce stress, eat whole food, exercise and sleep well), and do memorization practice and also meditation, see if that solved my issues, and only if nothing else worked, would I consider getting on the internet and ordering something that does not pass through FDA controls.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

That's right, but sometimes diet won't help. So simple algorithm is: 1. Good diet/excersises/sun 2. If you still feel bad, do labtests -Dopamine realted and serotonine related (i forgot to mention on my last post - urine 24 h 5hiaa test), it's good check as weel your hormones: T,E2,LH,FSH,DHEASO4,CORTISOL, ACTH,DHT,TSH,FT3,FT4,PROLACTINE,SHBG - at once. 3. If something is wrong, try vitamins and minerals. Contact as well with doctors. 4. In the meantime consult your problems on forums. Doc's are often idiots or undereducated 5. Try weak drugs 6. Last resort- buy nootropics

Simple route but not cheap. But it's kinda like fighting with after 2008 crisis MATRIX - it have to be cheap, we have to earn fast, name shit a chocolate and people will buy it. Watch Salo by Piere Paolo Pasolini, to understand it.

PS. Description of test you can find on labtest website.