rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Family Guy kills off Brian

I don't keep up to date with the new episodes. Even though I like the show.

But this seems to me to be a publicity stunt. And after they get enough press they will bring him back.

But who knows?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvand...ition.html

Quote: (11-27-2013 02:24 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

I don't keep up to date with the new episodes. Even though I like the show.

But this seems to me to be a publicity stunt. And after they get enough press they will bring him back.

But who knows?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvand...ition.html

did Lois kill him ???

He was run over by a car.

And then Stewie's time machine wouldn't work - so he couldn't save him.

Actually I am still pissed at the show for getting rid of Cleveland (and giving him a spin-off show).

The show has very few characters - and wasn't in a position to get rid of one of the main ones.

Seth Macfarlane doesn't care about Family Guy anymore, you can see this in how recently Family Guy episodes have sucked whereas American Dad isnt on the same downtrend. Heck even the amount of effort into Brians death episode is nowhere near the quality found in other Brian/Stewie centric episodes like the bank.

Family Guy is pretty much still going for the $$$

There are two more episodes with Brian in the title this season so who knows.

a spin off with quagmire instead would be awesome.

[Image: attachment.jpg15605]   

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

It's a permanent decision. It;s been a declining show for a few years, it's just trying to be edgy but has really shown itself to be desperate. Given Tony Sirroco some work is good though I suppose.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

yeah it's permanent, there's a replacement pet. American Dad is better, purely for Stan and how he seems red pill and conservative as fuck [Image: biggrin.gif]

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (11-27-2013 02:36 PM)pheonix500000 Wrote:  

a spin off with quagmire instead would be awesome.

This.
Giggity. Giggity. Giggity. Let's have sex.

That show is part of the reason America is how it is.

Panders to idiots across-the-board.

La mode:

I'd say that beneath all the humor of questionable taste in Family Guy it has a lot of relevant social commentary that is smarter than a vast majority of the shows on the tube.

Alternate reply:

Chin up, buttercup!

I've seen it enough...my old roommate was obsessed with the show. It's extremely insufferable. Leads to stooge behavior/personality.

Notice they rarely make fun of fat people, if they do, it's in an endearing way. Wouldn't be good to upset their target audience.

Dude, they have an episode called 'The fat guy strangler'. They make fun of fat people a lot, albeit men more than women.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (11-27-2013 06:15 PM)bojangles Wrote:  

yeah it's permanent, there's a replacement pet. American Dad is better, purely for Stan and how he seems red pill and conservative as fuck [Image: biggrin.gif]

The idea of replacing a permanent character with a like-for-like replacement is quite traumatic to me! Just seems to break the rules of TV.

Reminds me when the Simpsons did it for an episode (with a character called Poochie?) as a piss take.

Just watched that episode, it's done in a way as to carefully not upset fat women and centered around fat men embracing their fatness if anything with their chorus.

The entire platform of the show is a politically incorrect fat middle-class family. A "large" portion of America, pardon the pun.

Not sure how anyone finds it impressive.

Quote: (11-28-2013 04:04 PM)la_mode Wrote:  

Just watched that episode, it's done in a way as to carefully not upset fat women and centered around fat men embracing their fatness if anything with their chorus.

The entire platform of the show is a politically incorrect fat middle-class family. A "large" portion of America, pardon the pun.

Family Guy at its best is hilarious, they get away with jokes that would be previously unthinkable on network tv in the states and the public wasnt "ready" for it initially. I've been a fan since the first season, before they got canceled and then returned and it suddenly became "cool" to watch the show.

I tend to enjoy American Dad a lot more though.

My only beef with both shows is they go a little over the top with the gay humor- (Stewie is a flaming gay baby and Roger is a flaming gay alien)

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

I've never understood why it was seen as this revolutionary show, shows like Alf back in the 80s would have been more controversial if on air today. There's an episode where Alf tells a fat man to consider "burger suicide", in another, tells a fat woman she needs a "richter scale". Probably the last funny show on TV. The "edgy" humor of today has to be done in a specific way, and is always hidden beyond a veil of idiocy/stooge behavior.

Stewie is a combination of sassy fat woman/annoying queer.

Again, everyone thinks it's so awesome, just because it's part of family guy.

Even Beavis & Butthead were more controversial in their day (and society wasn't nearly as uptight then). There's nothing new about family guy.

Alf was boss, my old man loves that and shows like that

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (11-28-2013 04:39 PM)la_mode Wrote:  

I've never understood why it was seen as this revolutionary show, shows like Alf back in the 80s would have been more controversial if on air today. There's an episode where Alf tells a fat man to consider "burger suicide", in another, tells a fat woman she needs a "richter scale". Probably the last funny show on TV. The "edgy" humor of today has to be done in a specific way, and is always hidden beyond a veil of idiocy/stooge behavior.

Stewie is a combination of sassy fat woman/annoying queer.

Again, everyone thinks it's so awesome, just because it's part of family guy.

Even Beavis & Butthead were more controversial in their day (and society wasn't nearly as uptight then). There's nothing new about family guy.

You think stewie is FAT? Huh?

Your right though Family Guy doesn't exist solely to fat shame people, if thats all your looking for in entertainment then reruns of married with children are what you should be watching (an excellent show in my opinion)

Agreed, a cheesy show like ALF would not work in 2013, just like Family Guy would not work in 1983. You couldn't even say "Bitch" on network TV back.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Stewie's character is representative of a sassy fat woman/always-correcting-people gay persona. That's what I meant.

Quote: (11-28-2013 05:12 PM)la_mode Wrote:  

Stewie's character is representative of a sassy fat woman/always-correcting-people gay persona. That's what I meant.

Seeing how there's jokes about him giving blowjobs in exchange for beer and being a general megalomaniac I can't see how the depiction of him is particularly flattering.

You're trying too hard to make a TV show into something blue/red pill.

It's neither blue or red pill, although many think it's red pill only because it can be slightly controversial. It's stooge pill.

Quote: (11-28-2013 04:31 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Quote: (11-28-2013 04:04 PM)la_mode Wrote:  

My only beef with both shows is they go a little over the top with the gay humor- (Stewie is a flaming gay baby and Roger is a flaming gay alien)

It was funny when Stewie's orientation was ambiguous, rather than now- where he's often overtly homosexual.

Quote: (11-28-2013 05:45 PM)la_mode Wrote:  

It's neither blue or red pill, although many think it's red pill only because it can be slightly controversial. It's stooge pill.
Soup?