rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dude Makes Gun In Airport!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2lhuBDmP3

Man builds homemade gun from items that can all be purchased in the airport terminal AFTER you go through security

Evan Booth can make a gun comprised of a hair dryer, magnets, batteries, hairbands, and other items purchased at terminal stores
The Tennessee web developer demonstrates how to make his gun, as well as a crossbow, blowgun, and other weapons on his DIY website Terminal Cornucopia

Those who fear 3D-printed plastic guns take note: a Tennessee man has demonstrated that a deadly firearm can also be made completely out of items available from airport retail stores.

Web developer Evan Booth of Greensboro, North Carolina moonlights as a 'security expert' and can make projectile weapons with things like hairdryers and Axe body spray--all of which you can get after you make it through security.

While he has an airport crossbow, blowgun, and spiked club, it's Booth's hand-built gun--which he calls his BLUNDERBUSiness Class--that seems most worrisome.

‘I think people have kind of been suspecting that the type of things I’ve built are possible,’ Booth tells Fast Company. ‘I just don’t think anyone’s ever taken the time to do it.’

Booth, who attended East Tennessee State University and earned a degree in digital media, says he embarked on the startling project after airports began to introduce body scanners.

‘It just seemed so invasive, really expensive,’ he said. ‘And if you’re going to go through all that trouble getting into the terminal, why is all this stuff available in the terminal?’

To Booth, whose speaking engagements include hacker conferences across America and abroad, that stuff equaled a disturbing possibility.

So he began tinkering with the range of seemingly innocuous items available in airport shops that line the terminals on the wrong side of security.

And he found that not only was he able to create a gun, but he could also make a range of potentially deadly weapons, all of which he demonstrates on his website Terminal Cornucopia.

‘If we're trying stop a terrorist threat at the airport,’ says Booth. ‘It's already too late.’

The idea for his BLUNDERBUSiness gun came to him after he realized airports sell lithium batteries. When mixed with water, that lithium can create enough heat to turn a can of Axe body spray into aromatic ammunition.
Combine it with a hollowed out hair dryer, some gossip magazines and other sundries and you’ve got yourself a gun.

‘Right now if I wanted to build something very potent, I would probably go toward lithium,’ says Booth.

His YouTube demonstrations show his DIY gun propelling a handful of pocket change powerfully enough to blow a quart-sized hole though Sheetrock.

In an effort to win some research funds—and shield himself from unfriendly investigators—Booth notified the FBI, CIA, and other agencies of his activities prior to posting them on the internet.

‘It would have been awesome if I’d had access to, like, a cockpit door,’ he says.

Booth continues to tinker away at his airport terminal weapons and tells Fast Company he has a stun gun and others in mind already.

[Image: mindblown.gif]

skip to 4:30

Not worried. The user of this would blow himself up as well.

Also, you can't reload it, and it doesn't have the psychological power of a real gun or knife.

[Image: macgyver.jpg]