rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A luminous board that infuriates Western women

Scandal in France : in the Orly French airport, there is a luminous board on top of the toilets-WC door, and this board is atrocious to 'progressive-women' eyes : look for yourself : will you guess what is so intolerable, scandalous, according to these femina*zis??

[Image: Toilettes-Orly-3643-1024x764.jpg]

link : http://transports.blog.lemonde.fr/2013/1...i-derange/

"Le panneau, blanc sur fond orange, à hauteur d’épaule, est fait pour être vu. Dans le hall d’embarquement de la compagnie Hop !, à Orly, personne ne peut manquer la direction des toilettes. Dans la partie supérieure du panneau, au-dessus d’une flèche montrant la gauche, figurent deux femmes, reconnaissables à leurs jupes, dont l’une, penchée, semble langer un enfant. En bas, avec une flèche indiquant la droite, un homme. Le panneau symbolise à merveille la répartition des tâches dans une société patriarcale. Aux femmes la charge d’élever les enfants, aux hommes la liberté d’aller et venir.

le panneau dérange"

This image is stereotyping that all women are wearing skirts ! For sure that's it and nothing to do with changing diapers.

Well given the fact that men nowadays are almost always viewed as potential pedophiles if they are seen on their own with an infant this image makes perfect sense. Imagine what it would imply if the genders were reversed.

Girls should be an ornament to the eye, not an ache in the ear.

below I translate part of the newspaper article :

The sociologist Paul Halle finds the image : "extraordinarily well designed NOT. So 'classy' that I shall use this image in our sessions-classes on Awareness of Discrimination Against Women", he fumes.

"Quant à Paul Hallé, sociologue, il trouve l’image "extraordinairement bien foutue". "Tellement classe que je vais réutiliser ta photo dans nos sessions de formation sur la discrimination ou l'égalité hommes/femmes", lâche-t-il."

Well the symbol for women is placed ABOVE that of the symbol for men, establishing a subliminal message of female dominance and a matriarchal world.

What do I do to create awareness to the outrage i am feeling right now?...

On another note, anyone remember the two seperate flights in Australia where men were asked to relocate seats because an unaccompanied minor was sitting next to them? The spectre of all males being predators to minors has been established. In such instances, you think a man could possibly take a minor into an isolated room to take the kids pants off?

Quote: (11-20-2013 12:38 AM)T and A Man Wrote:  

Well the symbol for women is placed ABOVE that of the symbol for men, establishing a subliminal message of female dominance and a matriarchal world.

What do I do to create awareness to the outrage i am feeling right now?...

You are so right! actually, the arrow orders the man to go to his right, where he will be situated just under the woman throwing down at him a used diaper... I feel outraged, too![Image: angry.gif]

Not a well put together post, OP. Your translations are misleading and wrong.

The article says both genders have complaints and think it could be done better.

Quote:Quote:

The sociologist Paul Halle finds the image : "extraordinarily well designed NOT. So 'classy' that I shall use this image in our sessions-classes on Awareness of Discrimination Against Women", he fumes.

"Quant à Paul Hallé, sociologue, il trouve l’image "extraordinairement bien foutue". "Tellement classe que je vais réutiliser ta photo dans nos sessions de formation sur la discrimination ou l'égalité hommes/femmes", lâche-t-il."

There's nothing that says discrimination against women. It says male/female equality.

A large part of the article talks about discrimination against men since they have to enter the women's restroom to gain access to a change table for their infant children.

They're offended changing shitty diapers is considered a woman's job?

Quote: (11-20-2013 12:20 AM)Malekhit Wrote:  

This image is stereotyping that all women are wearing skirts !

You're right. I'm sure this is what they would suggest:

Quote: (11-20-2013 01:10 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

They're offended changing shitty diapers is considered a woman's job?

Nope.

If you guys want to have a Jezebel level discussion that consists of wrongly understood facts and snark, you are welcome to it.

I'm simply asking guys to lift their game and discuss the reality of the article's theme, not some straw man argument.

Quote: (11-20-2013 01:08 AM)Tigre Wrote:  

Not a well put together post, OP. Your translations are misleading and wrong.
Ok, I selected the most 'funny' parts of the article, but what I did translate, was well translated :

There's nothing that says discrimination against women. It says male/female equality.
No, it says : sessions on awareness of Discrimination or male/female equality. It is OBVIOUS then that said discrimination is Discrimination against women, here, in this context. The man obviously is not talking about race discrimination, here...

"A large part of the article talks about discrimination against men since they have to enter the women's restroom to gain access to a change table for their infant children." : True, I admit it. The article is not totally feminist, it is a bit more measured, yes. Because hard-core feminism like in the US, is not acceptable by public opinion in France, yet, it is too openly ridiculous for the French people, for now...

But Tigre, what is important is NOT the exact content of the newspaper article. What is important is the real outrage that this board is causing in the Orly airport. This is the story, the interesting fact. Who cares what the newspaper thinks of it. What is worth noting is that, this board DID CAUSE SCANDAL among the public... Among numerous people of the public at least. So much that 2 French media talked about it, Le Monde and Yahoo-France...

It is, no offense meant, like this Chinese proverb : When the wise man shows the moon, the fool looks at the finger [Image: wink.gif] Look at the big picture...

Quote: (11-20-2013 01:33 AM)Arg expert Wrote:  

No, it says : sessions on awareness of Discrimination or male/female equality. It is OBVIOUS then that said discrimination is Discrimination against women, here, in this context. The man obviously is not talking about race discrimination, here...

It may seem obvious if you only read the first paragraph and then stopped.

When you get to the end of the article, it compares Orly to airports in Denmark and Barcelona. In Denmark there are change tables provided in some of the men's restrooms. In Barcelona the change table is in a neutral space between the men's and women's restrooms.

The natural conclusion is that Orly's design is dismissive of men who are traveling with their infant children but without a woman present.

Quote: (11-20-2013 01:54 AM)Tigre Wrote:  

The natural conclusion is that Orly's design is dismissive of men who are traveling with their infant children but without a woman present.

Or the conclusion is simply that in order of frequency of travelers it's:

1) Man+woman+child
2) woman+child
3) man+child

But you do have an interesting point that I can see. I just think in this case the simplest explanation is not what you're suggesting. Or do you mean they didn't intend it to have that message?

Quote: (11-20-2013 02:08 AM)BigDave Wrote:  

Or do you mean they didn't intend it to have that message?

Pretty much that. The article is very carefully constructed to be balanced and talk not only about women.

There's even a paragraph that makes it crystal clear that different groups of people are bothered by it, with the obvious inclusion of fathers.

Mais le panneau dérange. Pas seulement des doctrinaires féministes ni des universitaires qui étudient le genre et constatent les différences culturelles entre les sexes. La signalisation dérange aussi des pères de famille en voyage.