rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Our Civilization: A Website

It's practically a library

It'll take me a while to sift through it. Check it out and share your thoughts.

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Quote:Quote:

Civilization Defined
From 'A Study Of Our Decline' by P Atkinson (June 2011)
A Civilization is a dominant community that imposes its beliefs upon all other communities by violence, which must involve the use of genocide; so any community that recoils from inflicting genocide will suffer genocide.

[Image: whoa.gif]

Quote: (11-18-2013 08:56 PM)ElJefe Wrote:  

It's practically a library

It'll take me a while to sift through it. Check it out and share your thoughts.

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/

Damn there a lot of books in this website.
Thanks for sharing.

Trump is playing chess while Soros is playing checkers, and the other cucks are off playing Candyland at Jeb's house. - iop890

Quote: (11-18-2013 09:23 PM)j r Wrote:  

Civilization Defined
A Civilization is a dominant community that imposes its beliefs upon all other communities by violence, which must involve the use of genocide; so any community that recoils from inflicting genocide will suffer genocide.

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. The rest of the website is hysterical crap as well.

Quote: (11-20-2013 03:45 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-18-2013 09:23 PM)j r Wrote:  

Civilization Defined

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. The rest of the website is hysterical crap as well.
It's perhaps worded in an extreme way, and the definitiion of violence is stretched a bit, but it's not like it's not explained clearly what's meant through examples:

The truth that the law is only maintained by the tacit threat of violence is forgotten by most citizens who rarely breach any major law, and are willing to pay the fines imposed by the official discovery of their misdemeanours such as speeding. Even those who steal or murder generally accept the notion that public discovery will demand private penalty.

Pax Romana rested upon the ability and determination of the Roman people to inflict terrible violence upon all who opposed them. The Roman Empire was built by the murder and intimidation of all those peoples who resisted Roman rule, and this was done by the example of wholesale slaughter of such peoples (barbarians). The consul Julius Caesar in his campaign against Germans who had invaded Gaul in 55 BC, slaughtered four hundred and sixty thousand men women and children; virtually exterminating the Tenchteri and Usipetes. But from the time the Romans revealed reluctance to inflict irresistible violence upon the barbarians, their empire was doomed.

Western (European) civilization was built upon its ability to inflict overwhelming violence upon all other communities. English speakers dominated it because the English speaking community successfully mastered by war, or threat, all the other European nations.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Quote: (11-20-2013 03:45 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

C'mon! Take the red pill!

The worst thing about discussing history with a lot of people, is that you can almost never have an open discussion without someone having to superimpose their moral standards and ideas on what actually happened, dismissing facts that undermine their unrealistic ideas about how the world used to work.

Western Civilization, at least, was bent on the slaughter and subjugation of other peoples. We were just way better at it - paging Cortes, Pizarro and Wellesley. Can you think of one civilization that did not do this?

A very interesting aspect to Western civilization, at least, is how even in those days there would be huge arguments about the morality of such actions. I'm not sure, but as far as I know the Aztecs or Incas never boasted a Bartolomé de las Casas. That's why the American liberal establishment destroys real learning wherever they come across it. The roles are completely reversed. Europeans are made out to made mindless savages wherever they go (not true) and indigenous peoples are somehow enlightened with moral standards they never had in real life. Conservatives, by the way, also often enjoy assigning superior motives to favorites.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

I read through most of the pages on this website a couple of years ago. It permanently changed some of my thinking on a few things. The writer states that a sane civilization is one in which parents raise their children to be good citizens, and to be family oriented types who will marry and have children of their own and raise them the same way.
It was only a few decades ago that parents would disown their children for failing to conform to normal social behavior. Use of drugs, living together out of wedlock, getting in any trouble with the law, refusing to hold down a job: all cause for throwing out and disowning.

Now the conventional wisdom is you have to love your children no matter how degenerate they are. The percentage of children that are raised sanely as described above is below 20% in most of western civilization. By this guy's standard, western civilization is no longer sane.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage