rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Project Tallinn?

Project Tallinn?

Anyone interested in a 3 month stay in Tallinn next year, along the lines of Project Getaway, except set in:

1. Tallinn, capital of Estonia, home to some of the most beautiful women in the world

2. Focused on online entrepreneurship and web-based work

3. Each participant occupying his own individual private apartment in the medieval Old Town

4. The group utilizing a luxurious mega-work space by day that could be converted into a private party "VIP" lounge every weekend

5. With the ability to take discounted, affordable side trips to Belarus, Lithuania, Finland, Ukraine, Latvia, Poland, Russia

It's just an idea at this point, but I'm wondering if it's something guys could be interested in.

Project Tallinn?

Please do tell me/us more as this is something of interest to me as after my 3 possibly 6 months mini retirment in SEA, Europe is very high on my next place to do a MR (Mini Retirement) before hitting South America in the Fall of 2011. Some questions right off the bat:
1) Do you already have a place in mind? If yes, how much per month are we talking for the rent?
2) How much of an handicap is it say in Tallin not speaking the local lingo?
3) When you say next year, do you have a specific time frame in mind for this? Spring? Summer? Fall?

Thanks.

Project Tallinn?

I will be in e.europe / russia early next year so possibly

Need more info on the pad (any photos) and prices. U have

Project Tallinn?

Yes, am interested enough to hear more.

Additional questions:
1) What is/was Project Getaway?
2) Apartmats and workspace in the same building, or scattered around the city?
3) How easy and convenient is it to get from Tallin to places like Stockholm, Copenhagen and St. Petersburg?

Post more. I'm sure you'll get quite a bit of interest. 3 months is a good time. Much better than hopping around spending a few days in different places. You can learn a lot about the place and people in 3 months. But it's not so long that you may as well move there.

Project Tallinn?

Hey Hussar, welcome to the forum.

1) http://www.projectgetaway.net

2) Tallinn is a very navigable city, I'd imagine that subutai meant that everyone would have their own place scattered within a stone's throw. Even if they were "far" they would still be able to meet daily with minimal difficulty.

3) Baltic air is a pretty good airline that I've flown several times already. I went from Paris to Vilnius, Vilnius to Helsinki, then took a ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn for New Year's with subutai, then a bus Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius. Then Baltic air back to Paris.

Might be "Air Baltic," I forget.

At this point, given the travels I've done and amount of time I've spent per country, I personally like to stay in one country for an extended period and really soak it up than do the whole tourist route. To each his own, I suppose. In my experience, 3 months is the minimum amount of time I need to feel like I understand a culture on a minimal level.

Project Tallinn?

I spent a month in Tallin last year. Buses to St. Petersburg are common. There are boats to Helsinki which is and eight hour party. The town was expensive, but most capitol cities are. Getting laid there was almost fucking impossible (at least for me). The language barrier was hard. They speak Estonian, which is one of the hardest languages to learn for a native english speaker. Russian is spoken second. English is used there but not outside Tallin, except maybe Tartu, being a college town. The food sucked. I finally left when it got so cold the locals were running from door to door. I will say though the women were amazing, but it takes some serious game to open them up. Good luck.

Project Tallinn?

I don't have a place in mind but I do have enough contacts throughout the Baltics so that if an ideal place exists, I can get it reserved for 3 months. I was thinking 3 months, overlapping summer with the fall or spring at the moment. Upside? Great weather. Downside? Filled with tourists and the students will be long gone to their country homes.

Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Helsinki, Riga, Vilnius, St. Petersburg, Berlin, etc. all are one boat ride or discount flight away. Around $200 roundtrip, depending on how the dollar is valued at the time.

Language barrier is non-existent. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a girl under the age of 35 who doesn't speak English reasonably well.

However, here are a few opinions I have on the types of guys who tend to get shut out in Estonia:

1. Frat boys / Rowdy backpackers/ Stag parties: Total turn off to the local women, a dime a dozen, and they offer nothing of value...not even an interesting conversation
2. Middle Eastern/Arab/Turkish guys: Unless extremely rich, which changes the story entirely, there's a definite bias against "Muslims" given the stories that have been coming out of France/the rest of Western Europe in recent years. Estonians have a bit of an inferiority complex, and have just started to learn to overcompensate with a superiority complex against those they feel are "beneath" them
3. Weekend tourists from just about anywhere, esp. Italians/Spaniards/Portuguese/Brits/Americans/Australians. Again, they offer nothing of value to the local girls, but more importantly, have no idea where to look

Here are the types who generally do well in Estonia:
1. Guys who live there, of all nationalities, for obvious reasons
2. East Asian guys (Korean, Japanese, Asian-American especially)
3. Black guys, but generally with either older women or girls into the hip hop scene

Project Tallinn?

Quote: (11-17-2010 11:06 AM)subutai Wrote:  

2. East Asian guys (Korean, Japanese, Asian-American especially)

Humm..I can actually get away with saying I am half Filipino (I am not) because of my slightly slanted eyes. I have Philippine friends, and they say I can pass for a good looking Philippine - lol...so count me in!!

I am free from March until May 2011.

Mixx

Project Tallinn?

Quote: (11-17-2010 11:06 AM)subutai Wrote:  

Here are the types who generally do well in Estonia:

3. Black guys, but generally with either older women or girls into the hip hop scene

I know a Stateside brotha who plays b-ball in Tallinn, and is married to an Estonian chick -- they have a kid together.

Brothas will kill in the Baltics fo' sure.

Project Tallinn?

Thanks for the info subutai, ali and ymg.

The idea of offering value is definitely important. Unless you're a movie star or a master player, how will you ever convince a local girl that it's in her interest to hook up with you if you're just sticking around for a few days. A travelling girl for sure since she's in holiday mode. But a local girl has a lot more to lose if she's perceived as a slut.

As for dates. What about May, June and July. The weather should probably be OK then and I'm guessing August is the month when everyone abandons the city for their summer holidays.

How do you see the workspace area panning out? I'm guessing ther is broadband internet and/or fast 3G everywhere in the city centre so the main reason for having a central hub is more for socializing and bouncing ideas around, rather than pooling resources for connectivity.

Ja, I know the Scandi's are insane on the ferries. Apparently alcohol is much cheaper on the international ferries than on land. So they go to town.

Project Tallinn?

The broadband Internet is not a problem. The more important aspect will be a very cool work space that can be transformed on a dime into the coolest private "club/lounge" in town. Dark corners and crevices within the space for insta-pulls and make-outs would also be useful. In other words, I'd want to find the perfect pad to get it all done in style and on budget, or I wouldn't even bother.

Summers are tough though, throughout Europe. People go on vacation, they flock out of the city on weekends, students are long gone, tourist guys go up dramatically in number, and if the weather is good, nobody wants to be inside. They want to chill outside sipping drinks and puffing smokes, which means that any party pad with a courtyard/BBQ thing going on can KILL if done right.

But the most important aspects in my opinion?

Legitimacy, value, pre-existing contacts, and a subtle whiff of exotic glamor & exclusivity.

Think an underground private party with face control and a 3 to 1 female to male ratio.

What we do NOT want is a frat house with 20 guys chugging beers and eating Doritos chips, or even worse, a bunch of weirdos dressed like magicians asking women "Who lies more, men or women?" Puke.

Project Tallinn?

Quote: (11-17-2010 04:44 PM)subutai Wrote:  

even worse, a bunch of weirdos dressed like magicians asking women "Who lies more, men or women?" Puke.

Whhhaaaatt!!! That's it I'm not going then.......!!

{ROTLMAO!}

Project Tallinn?

I've been wanting to get to Estonia for years! I have been corresponding with a girl from there for about 3 years that I met on badoo and we have become pretty cool. She's pretty damn fine and Is one of the scenester chicks there in the Baltics...

Here is a little motivation for you guys to get this project on the ball. Hopefully I can make it out there sometime in the new year because babygirl is smoking and she has fine ass friends that I will need to tap into upon arrival.
[attachment=354]
[attachment=355]

Project Tallinn?

Quote: (11-17-2010 05:19 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (11-17-2010 04:44 PM)subutai Wrote:  

even worse, a bunch of weirdos dressed like magicians asking women "Who lies more, men or women?" Puke.

Whhhaaaatt!!! That's it I'm not going then.......!!

{ROTLMAO!}

Man, don't even get me started on the weirdos I've run into who have their lives revolving around the PUA scene.

One guy, who at first appeared to be fairly cool, after a few beers, started telling me stories about how he'd hang out in homosexual chat rooms online to practice his pick-up techniques.

I don't have any phobia against gay guys, but needless to say, we didn't exactly hit it off.

Project Tallinn?

Quote: (11-17-2010 07:49 PM)subutai Wrote:  

One guy, who at first appeared to be fairly cool, after a few beers, started telling me stories about how he'd hang out in homosexual chat rooms online to practice his pick-up techniques.

LMAO!!! You are one funny mofo! A couple posts I've read from you, and I am laffin' my ass off.

I personally have never heard of anyone running game on homos to improve...that is hilarious!!! Please tell me someone took a picture of your facial expressions as he was telling you this...LOL!!

Project Tallinn?

This place is played out for Europeans. It is one of those stag places like Prague, you can get cheap flights there from the UK.

I hear the girls are nice looking but I think there are better less travelled places out there.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Project Tallinn?

Quote: (11-17-2010 08:22 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

This place is played out for Europeans. It is one of those stag places like Prague, you can get cheap flights there from the UK.

I hear the girls are nice looking but I think there are better less travelled places out there.

Man If It's anything like Prague In It's current state I will be more hesitant on going...How was your experience there?

Project Tallinn?

I chose not to go during my time in the UK. I did know this grimey Nigerian guy who use to rave hard about it and spent alot of time up there. I have no doubt the quality is good, just too touristy for my liking.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Project Tallinn?

Check it out. Photos of Estonian girls, broken down by various night clubs, updated every weekend. Enjoy.

http://www.weekend.ee/

As for these smaller, touristy Eastern European capitals, they're becoming a lot like Paris, France in my opinion. A scene within a scene. So you have the mainstream scene, which is definitely played out in the summer, with women getting mobbed by the United Colors of Benetton.

Then you have the underground scene, which is where the locals go to take shelter from the hordes of foreign men out to fertilize their women. In my opinion, it's this latter scene that we want to focus on.

Also keep in mind that there are women in some of these Eastern European cities who specialize in hooking up with foreign guys. In other words, some poor bastard from the UK may think he conquered some demure Eastern European princess, without realizing that the tangy taste in his mouth is the leftover jizz of Luigi from Sicily who just rolled through the other weekend.

Project Tallinn?

I'd be down for this! give me more details.

Project Tallinn?

Quote: (11-18-2010 12:19 AM)subutai Wrote:  

Check it out. Photos of Estonian girls, broken down by various night clubs, updated every weekend. Enjoy.

http://www.weekend.ee/

I've never been to Estonia, but judging from this website, the girls aren't very impressive.

Project Tallinn?

"subutai Wrote: even worse, a bunch of weirdos dressed like magicians asking women "Who lies more, men or women?" Puke."

no offense, but what's wrong with this? Lol.

Project Tallinn?

Quote: (11-18-2010 10:01 AM)Badstuber Wrote:  

"subutai Wrote: even worse, a bunch of weirdos dressed like magicians asking women "Who lies more, men or women?" Puke."

no offense, but what's wrong with this? Lol.

Yeah!! What's wrong with this? The first thing I pack in my suitcase is my magic card tricks, and black cape!! what the fuck? And then I open girls with "Hey ladies, have you ever felt compelled to say something not nice about a female co-worker?"

What's wrong wit this man?

[Image: sleepy.gif]

Project Tallinn?

No
the "Who lies more, men or women? part

Project Tallinn?

did you guys see those two girls fighting outside just now??