rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Flight Attendant job?

Flight Attendant job?

I graduate UGA with a liberal arts degree this May. I am quite disillusioned about joining the workforce in America and becoming a cooperate slave drone. I am 22, have no student debt, and have no burdens or responsibilities. My main focus right now is wanting to travel and see as much of the world as possible. Life is too short for me to spend it behind some desk living the "american dream." lolol.

My friend suggested that I become a flight attendant for an airline. He told me his uncle started his career as a flight attendant and is now a vice president of an airline company in the US. Also, if I learn a language, I could work for an airline abroad. The money isn't good but it allows me the freedom to see a lot of the US and potentially the world. It actually sounds like a decent idea right now.

Since this is the premier message board for travelling young men looking for women, does anyone have any information or personal experience as a flight attendant? What are you thoughts, if any? Any advice?

thanks all

Flight Attendant job?

Try working for emirates.
Be aware that being a F/A isn't easy.

Maybe look for jobs on a cruise ship?

Flight Attendant job?

It would probably be a lot of fun, at least when you aren't on the plane, with a lot of potential for action. For inspiration, you can watch a British TV comedy called "Mile High" that was all about the lives of flight attendants. I watched the DVDs from Netflix a few years ago. Very entertaining show! Here is a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0tM9h6AeWs

Flight Attendant job?

Also check out view from the top

Flight Attendant job?

Quote: (11-14-2010 10:55 PM)raliv Wrote:  

I graduate UGA with a liberal arts degree this May. I am quite disillusioned about joining the workforce in America and becoming a cooperate slave drone. I am 22, have no student debt, and have no burdens or responsibilities. My main focus right now is wanting to travel and see as much of the world as possible. Life is too short for me to spend it behind some desk living the "american dream." lolol.

My friend suggested that I become a flight attendant for an airline. He told me his uncle started his career as a flight attendant and is now a vice president of an airline company in the US. Also, if I learn a language, I could work for an airline abroad. The money isn't good but it allows me the freedom to see a lot of the US and potentially the world. It actually sounds like a decent idea right now.

Since this is the premier message board for travelling young men looking for women, does anyone have any information or personal experience as a flight attendant? What are you thoughts, if any? Any advice?

thanks all

Cool...another person from GA..that makes three of us I think.
I know I have met many fight attendants that party each night in the cities they go. I think it would be cool but your body would be very "off" until you got used to it. I don't imagien the job would be particularly easy at all.

Flight Attendant job?

Delta Airlines is hiring and being a UGA grad would definitely help since Atlanta is the coroporate hub. You can have a semi flexible schedule and travel anywhere in the world and work 80 hours per month which is the least amount you can work per month usually. My ex-girlfrind is a flight attendant and she loves It. Also she says alot of the guys get constant ass from the other flight attendants on the road so that's an option as well especially since at least 25% percent of most male flight attendants are gay. I think you should definitely do it, I have several friends who work for the airline and I get steady hookups on flight passes so get on and put "Fman" on as your companion so we can all get our Delta Airlines flights on for the free direct from ATL!

On another note I have some friends that work on the ground crew and one of them lives in Rio part time and commutes to Atlanta for work. He works about 10 days straight and just crashes at his parents house while he works and brings products down to Brasil to sell since alot of things are much more expensive here than the USA and with the rising BRL currency they have alot of buying power so they can buy alot of things which are way more expensive in Brasil and flip em here. You can make it work In your benefit for sure. Go for it!

Flight Attendant job?

Thanks all!

I am sure it is not the most glamorous occupation but I think it will serve my intentions well for a few years. Having spent 5 years in Athens, GA, I feel the incredible urge to just go. I recently went to Auburn AL for the UGA/Auburn game and met an amazingly beautiful young woman from Croatia who I was struck with. She wasn't like other girls in college here. I want to meet (and meat) more of those girls. Those 10 minutes talking to her (before I was savagely cock-blocked by her fat American friend) were the highlight of my trip.

On the drive back, I wanted more than anything to just keep going, to not stop and see strange and distant lands. I have gotten comfortable and lazy in my own little dream world in Athens. I need to get out and feel alive.

My friends here all have boring careers lined up once they graduate. They will be well paid but I can't imagine why they would want to do that kind of work.

Flight Attendant job?

Quote: (11-15-2010 11:59 AM)InternationalSwagger Wrote:  

You can have a semi flexible schedule and travel anywhere in the world and work 80 hours per month which is the least amount you can work per month usually. My ex-girlfrind is a flight attendant and she loves It. Also she says alot of the guys get constant ass from the other flight attendants on the road so that's an option as well especially since at least 25% percent of most male flight attendants are gay.

Not too shabby if you ask me.

If you want to make a bit of money online, which would make you location independent could be freelance work - especially writing if you aren't too computer savvy. Many of you guys probably know this but on elance.com there are tons of different projects you can find.

Flight Attendant job?

Delta Airlines is hiring and being a UGA grad would definitely help since Atlanta is the coroporate hub. You can have a semi flexible schedule and travel anywhere in the world and work 80 hours per month which is the least amount you can work per month usually. My ex-girlfrind is a flight attendant and she loves It. Also she says alot of the guys get constant ass from the other flight attendants on the road so that's an option as well especially since at least 25% percent of most male flight attendants are gay.

Before signing up with Delta take some of their flights first. Delta seems to have the ugliest flight attendant females in the whole world. I fly Delta most of the time and have Platinum status with them. Those 25% dudes are gay for good reason. Don't become one.

Flight Attendant job?

Quote: (11-17-2010 12:32 AM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Delta Airlines is hiring and being a UGA grad would definitely help since Atlanta is the coroporate hub. You can have a semi flexible schedule and travel anywhere in the world and work 80 hours per month which is the least amount you can work per month usually. My ex-girlfrind is a flight attendant and she loves It. Also she says alot of the guys get constant ass from the other flight attendants on the road so that's an option as well especially since at least 25% percent of most male flight attendants are gay.

Before signing up with Delta take some of their flights first. Delta seems to have the ugliest flight attendant females in the whole world. I fly Delta most of the time and have Platinum status with them. Those 25% dudes are gay for good reason. Don't become one.

You are definitely right...I fly International in Business Elite weekly and the seniority system that Delta has in place Is skewed in favor of the old "Senior Mamas" to have 1st dibs on those flights since they are considered Prime layover spots (Rio, Paris, London, Etc.) and longer hours (direct flights over 7 hours equals more pay less hassle than multiple trip stops). So I see the worst of the worst on those flights and even though most of them are nice most can't stand to see a young brotha in 1st class doing his thing...But I say fuck em! Bitch get me another glass of Courviosior and Apple Juice to Sip on! You see most of the younger flight attendants working on the shorter domestic routes since those are less desirable and more work. If your based out of JFK that's where the younger FA's are stationed at. Most of the senior mommas are based out of ATL.

Most of the cuter FA's work for Jet Blue, Airtran and Southwest Airlines.

Flight Attendant job?

Also she says alot of the guys get constant ass from the other flight attendants on the road so that's an option as well especially since at least 25% percent of most male flight attendants are gay.

I think it's a helluva lot higher than that! I don't think I've ever seen a straight male flight attendant.

Flight Attendant job?

Quote: (11-23-2010 03:14 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Also she says alot of the guys get constant ass from the other flight attendants on the road so that's an option as well especially since at least 25% percent of most male flight attendants are gay.

I think it's a helluva lot higher than that! I don't think I've ever seen a straight male flight attendant.

Ha! That's why I said at least...I was giving them the benefit of the doubt but I wouldnt say It's over 40%. I dated a fine ass flight attendant from Miami for a long time and have flown a plenty and some of the guys I have observed appear to be straight as a whistle she has even give me the estimate of around 40%. I still think an airline gig would be a good hustle for someone who wants to travel the world and have a flex schedule.

Flight Attendant job?

Quote: (11-23-2010 02:54 PM)InternationalSwagger Wrote:  

Virgin America and Virgin Australia have some cuties too.

Flight Attendant job?

Who cares about the gay attendants and the ugly ones, if you are not gay that is all that matter. To me it is the dream job and I have a friend who works with Air Canada, the benefits are amazing. Flying to Europe for $100, some of his co-workers go to China on a regular basis, one dude even went to Barcelona for a day.
I am looking into it for myself, not flight attendant but maybe ground - heck I would even clean the plane.[Image: smile.gif]

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Flight Attendant job?

Quote: (11-23-2010 09:53 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Quote: (11-23-2010 02:54 PM)InternationalSwagger Wrote:  

Virgin America and Virgin Australia have some cuties too.

Very true you tend to find the younger ones working for younger airlines in the USA...I know a girl who works for Wizz Airlines in Europe and she says most of the FA's retire when they are 35-40 and above...wish the US had the same restrictions...when you see Asian crews you never see the terrible looking FA's you see on the regular here in the USA.

I know alot of airline people who import products into countries where things are more expensive as well so thats another good side hustle If you work for an airline. The flight benefits are awesome as well and IF you get on you can designate a "partner" to fly with you at any time as well [Image: banana.gif]

Flight Attendant job?

Quote: (11-23-2010 11:09 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Who cares about the gay attendants and the ugly ones, if you are not gay that is all that matter. To me it is the dream job and I have a friend who works with Air Canada, the benefits are amazing. Flying to Europe for $100, some of his co-workers go to China on a regular basis, one dude even went to Barcelona for a day.
I am looking into it for myself, not flight attendant but maybe ground - heck I would even clean the plane.[Image: smile.gif]

Exactly more chicks for you IF your not straight...my ex tells me the MOBBED by the flight attendants. Cant beat weekend trips to Barca and Rio....shit is sweet.

Flight Attendant job?

Quote: (11-23-2010 11:09 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Well, a lot of us who travel for business regularly collect enough miles to get free (not even $100) flights all over the world, and you don't need to do anything special for it.

My main concerns, however, would be career opportunities and aging. I do not know how do flight attendants advance in their careers, but I don't really see any obvious career path. And working as FA when you're 60 kinda sucks.

Flight Attendant job?

I hear good things. This girl from Argentina I dated is now a flight attendant in Dubai. She is always posting pictures on her facebook, all over the world. It's nuts. In the last year she has been all over the world. But sometimes she only spend a little amount of time in places, like maybe one night. Other times maybe she has 3 days. But when she has time off she can fly wherever for free. I think the money is pretty decent too.

Flight Attendant job?

I've heard they dont make any money for the first few years, but after that its not terrible. Alot of the pilots are dickheads but they get lots of pussy...they are the rock stars of the flying community and almost all the flight attendants want to get with them. Even the stewardesses that didnt want to bang the pilots still talked about them like they were famous. You might be playing 2nd fiddle to those guys.

I've dated a few so far and some are complete skanks some are ok. Its kind of the service industry in the sky, so the same types of folks you see working in bars and resteraunts is the same kind you see there. Lots of partying, I saw lots of coke, lots of cheating around.

You could be a baggage handler like Int'l was talking about. Work that part time and you get free roundtrp tickets (12 a year I think) ..or something like that. That to me would be the better route. 22 out of school, you yourself could get a bar job or something work part time loading bags and then travel with your cash. You have 0 debt, so why not?

Flight Attendant job?

Flight attendant could be a good option for someone just starting out of high school or college. A friend of mine has been an FA with Air Canada for the past few years and now he's having a sweet gig, he works only 10-14 days a month giving him a lot of free time on top of incredible deals on air fare with AC. I was toying with the idea of become an FA but never really went for it. Anways, since I'm still on the Air Canada list for new opportunities, they just emailed me today with new openings with them if anyone's interested. Air Canada by the way have been voted as the best airline in North America and they are good, specially in their international flights. Here's the link if anyone's interested in applying with them. Position is based either out of Toronto or Montreal and being bilingual (English/French) is high on their requirement list as well as any other languages you might speak can only help you.
http://aircanada.taleo.net/careersection...0934&ctx=1

Flight Attendant job?

@Vacancier Permanent - you in Canada as well?

Our New Blog:

Flight Attendant job?

Quote: (11-25-2010 02:09 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

@Vacancier Permanent - you in Canada as well?

yes, was located in Toronto, but now I'm in Thailand, mainly in Bangkok.
Where about in Canada are you?

Flight Attendant job?

Toronto suburbia

Thailand for good, work or play?

Our New Blog:

Flight Attendant job?

I had sex with a Hawaiian Airlines flight attendant last night.

She acts real sophisticated for somebody who makes $12.74 an hour. She was driving a used Benz with the used Benz dealer license plate holder (that always cracks me up) and was wearing $600 shoes.

I think a lot of those people in the airline business got their heads up their asses.

Aloha!

Flight Attendant job?

Quote: (11-25-2010 03:14 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Toronto suburbia

Thailand for good, work or play?

I'll be here until either mid February or end of April for both work and play then I'm off to my favorite playground on Earth, Brasil and I'd only return to TO in June.