rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What do you like to spend your Money on ?

A lot of people like to spend their money on certain things or set of items others would deem ridiculous !

I got 2 best friends who are like brothers to me.

Bro A will spend $300 on a regular night out (once or often twice a week) despite only having just graduated college and gotten his first job. To compensate he will buy the cheapest food at Walmart and tries to save a dollar or two using coupons. The rationale behind this ludicrous lifestyle is that partying is what makes him happy.

Bro B , complains about $6 shots being too expensive yet spends thousands on tools, car parts, bike parts and even flew to Munich for an Autoshow this year. He owns 3 used BMW's and 2 bikes which he cant afford.

I on the other hand am somewhat financially responsible but when it comes to buying clothes, fashion accessories, colognes, lotions, hair gel, Whey, supplements, Gym membership etc ... pretty much anything to do with my body, i go all out. Only the best would do. Couple weeks ago i spent $110 on a special Japanese moisturizer.

To each one of us , the other guys' expenses seem stupid. However in the end, i think it is all about what makes you happy.

So what crazy things do you like to spend your money on. Stuff that other people can't comprehend.

Go !

I have a motto.

I never blow money like a king. Instead I try and live each day like a prince.

Lots of treats - everyday. Eating out, bourbon, new books etc.

But with no crazy blowouts (like expensive cars and clothes etc). And I don't travel or have holidays. I don't want to live the high life for 2 weeks of the year. I wanna' live well everyday.

Interesting thread.

What I like spending money on
1) Ethnic restaurants/small businesses - I get my money's worth, eat great specialties (Lebanese, Vietnamese, Mexican, Taiwanese, Thai, Italian) that's not in every American city, and I'm also supporting great people too!

2) Nights out - Yeah I like to drink & party. I only ring up max 50-60 bucks per night as there aren't really clubs in Dallas/Ft. Worth. Then again I only go out once every two weeks, but sometimes once a week.

3) Coffee and Quiktrip Fountain Drinks - Not sure if I like spending money on this stuff, though it's just bad habitual impulse buys.

4)Travel - I'm on RVF primarily because of the data sheets. Go figure.

5) Amazon.com - Along with Wal-Mart, I get specialized Thai hair products from this website. I also prefer to get Roosh books via amazon as the formatting is better on kindle opposed to pdf (least for myself).

What I don't like spending money on

1) Chain restaurants - At least I'm supporting a server with great tips whenever I'm eating at one. The food however is usually bland and typically much more fattening than fast-food though they rarely get criticism for it (On the Border, Chili's, etc etc). I think this is the real reason why Americans are fat. They eat themselves into a coma with really thick ingredients and then spend shitloads of time driving afterwards. Not a good combo. I think two value menu items from a fast food restaurant wouldn't hurt as much (though not healthy overall) yet I will skip fries because it's empty calories.

2) Baggage Fees - While traveling domestically, I hate paying for luggage fees. As dumb as it sounds, that's why I try to accumulate 25K miles traveling internationally/domestically for work or leisure so that I can retain priority status with my airline alliance (One World) & not pay for that shit. Checking in one bag can cost $35.00-$45.00 one way = $70-$90 for a RT.

3) New Clothing Sizes - I put on about 18 pounds due to some training I was enduring on top of my full-time work schedule last Fall (in addition to some newly acquired bad habits). Fitting into some old clothing was becoming a pain. Thank God I lost it all again. I just don't know how so many Americans can be ok with obesity while constantly buying new fat gear instead of new kickin threads.

4) Dates - Meet me for drinks...nuff said. This is more about don't waste my time instead of money however.

5) Breakfast - The whole "eat a good big breakfast" motto becomes a myth as you head into your late 20's though it's essential for growing kids. Another reason of my weight gain Sept 2012. As an older person, you're essentially going to be hungry for lunch no matter how big or miniscule your breakfast is...and that lunch is very important if you're working out late afternoon following the 9-5.

Do you also want to start your mornings with a food coma before a long commute to work possibly involving traffic too? I think it's important to have something to eat like a snack, some toast, small oatmeal, or fruit in the mornings but having eggs, bacon, and "the works" for breakfast plus time spent in the car = protruding belly. If only Whataburger breakfast was served lunch time, lol.

Oh yeah this also includes brunch. That money could be used on bar tabs at night as that shit is fattening & a production killer on weekends. That time could be spent exercising outdoors or at the gym.

6) Netflix - I'd rather be watching sports, reading, studying, working out, socializing, gaming etc. I'm not going to spend a monthly fee for all I can watch movies because that shit will kill my overall productivity. Damn I miss concrete video store locations.

Good times is what I like spending money on. New experiences.

Clothes + material things are fine, but I don't get actual pleasure out of making those purchases.

I get more out of blowing money out with buddies, then buying a new suit.

I am shifting from good times, to saving like mad though for future plans/endeavors.

The allure of green in hand is becoming stronger as I get older. Stacks on stacks.

Beer and pussy.

"Stuff" doesn't really interest me anymore.

I drive all day for my job so I usually waste a good amount of money on Starbucks and Jamba Juice. It's hard to eat your shitty packed lunch when you are driving around these places all day.

Quote: (11-06-2013 06:53 PM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

Good times is what I like spending money on. New experiences.

Clothes + material things are fine, but I don't get actual pleasure out of making those purchases.

I get more out of blowing money out with buddies, then buying a new suit.

I am shifting from good times, to saving like mad though for future plans/endeavors.

The allure of green in hand is becoming stronger as I get older. Stacks on stacks.

Mc-Q !!

From your experience ... is there a certain age at which the money in your account is more important than the experiences you have ?

I firmly believe for a 16-25 year old, accumulating unique experiences ... good or bad is more beneficial than stacking paper. 25-30 it's 50-50. Over 30 I think money matters more!

What do you think ? I'm 22 btw

As of today.

1. Investing
2. Partying
3. Health/higher end gym items/health spending

The rest I hate spending money on to be honest.

I used to be more like your bro #1 in the OP when I was getting my game together. But slowly you realize you don't want to be working long hours in your 40's, you want to be coasting by then. So you switch to stacking green and taking care of your health.

If I was wealthy, $10M+ it would alll be on partying traveling, fucking and my healthy. That's about it. Zero interest in cars, houses, and other highlife stuff.

Sex drugs and partying is much better.

"From your experience ... is there a certain age at which the money in your account is more important than the experience you have ?

I firmly believe for a 16-25 year old, accumulating unique experiences ... good or bad is more beneficial than stacking paper. 25-30 it's 50-50. Over 30 I think money matters more!"

Interesting question.

I have lived pretty much my entire life as though I wouldn't be around by 35yo, thus spending money like mad and collecting experiences like a stripper at Vegas Rhino collects $1 bills.

Do I regret it? No. I have had some of the most incredible experiences for my age group and can look back at this point knowing that I lived hard, fast, fucked hundreds of girls and had a blast.

I'm 29yo now and while my living fast attitude hasn't changed, it's slightly shifted in that the pursuit of money + power is becoming increasingly more enticing then simply partying + chasing pussy.

Everyone will have their own arc and I believe it can shift back too.

16-late 20's should be about discovery and living life to the fullest, 30's making $ and building your empire and 40's for perhaps starting a family and retiring.

Too many cats spend their entire 20's focusing on building money "so they won't suffer in their 50's", however, they miss out on some the funnest and most exciting years of their life.

Ironically, my friends who have taken that path have lived boring lives and we are on the same playing field even though we chose two different paths. Part of that is because I've utilized partying into making money.

Lastly, this goes hand in hand with being smart about having a balance. Should a young cat blow every penny and be in for a rough second part of their life? Of course not. On the flip side I will never get why guys in their late 20's-30's put ALL of their focus on saving money so they can live well in their 50's and on.

Who gives a flying fuck about being in a Porsche at 55, if you can be in one at 30? We're not guaranteed those upcoming years; all we have is this moment.

Life happens when you're planning for it.

Aside from essentials I spend my money mostly on my future freedom.

Other than that I troll thrift stores for books (I've spent less than $200 on books and I have >100 quality books on my bookshelf). I like craft beers (nohipster), the occasional cigar, and food I can't make well at home.

I can't count the number of guys I've met my age that work full time and say things like "man I wish I had enough money to move out of my parents' house" "sorry dude I don't have $10 to do x I'm really strapped for cash right now" "man I just lost my job I don't know how I'm going to pay my bills this month"

Most of these guys are making alright money for the jobs they're doing. They just blow all their $$$ on clothes, weed/booze, and other pointless stuff.

I'd much rather have the ability to leave a shitty job, move anywhere I want, say fuck it and travel for a while etc, than live paycheck to paycheck because I blow 400 a month on partying, $500 on clothes and $100 on my cell phone.

Everyone I've told about moving to the oil sands has looked at me like theres something wrong with me "it isn't smart to move out there without a job" "what are you going to do if you can't find work" "won't it be hard to leave town, don't you have to take care of stuff first?"

I just look at the balance of my bank account, laugh, and tell them they're right, I should think through it more, I think I'll take a year off and live on a beach in SEA drinking out of coconuts and fucking pleasant foreign women before I really decide what to do with my life.

Temporarily shipwrecked in DC (Dork Central) my dough is spent on transportation out of this fucker every chance i get (NY, beaches, Miami, Caribbean, etc) and lots of booze.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

I used to spend all my money on heavy equipment and shop tools. I figured I'd rather be broke and have tools than be broke and not have tools, and I have a history of spending like a drunken sailor. So now I am close to broke and have tools, just like I imagined. But that's how I make money, so it's not all bad.

I have a really hard time sitting around like I'm broke when I have money in the bank. I've got to put that stuff in motion. Horrible habit.

Beef jerky.

Quote: (11-06-2013 07:19 PM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

Too many cats spend their entire 20's focusing on building money "so they won't suffer in their 50's", however, they miss out on some the funnest and most exciting years of their life.

I laugh when my co-workers in their mid to late 20s are already putting money into a 401k or IRA plan because they're in a serious relationship, settled down, and have pretty much given up on trying anything new in life. It's actually pretty fucking morbid when you think about it--young people putting off having money while they're young and can enjoy it, so maybe they might be able to play a couple extra rounds of golf when they're about to die and their life is going to pretty much suck anyway.

Quote: (11-06-2013 07:04 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

That's about it. Zero interest in cars, houses, and other highlife stuff.

Sex drugs and partying is much better.

You're really just paying for the prestige of the hood ornament on a car or of a certain neighborhood when it comes to real estate. The most expensive things in life become useless when you don't give a fuck what other people think about you.

McQueen, what specifically would you have considered worth spending money on in your 20s (and what would you try to get through connections, assuming you have equal or better things to offer them of course)?

Quote: (11-06-2013 08:40 PM)Vitriol Wrote:  

I laugh when my co-workers in their mid to late 20s are already putting money into a 401k or IRA plan because they're in a serious relationship, settled down, and have pretty much given up on trying anything new in life. It's actually pretty fucking morbid when you think about it--young people putting off having money while they're young and can enjoy it, so maybe they might be able to play a couple extra rounds of golf when they're about to die and their life is going to pretty much suck anyway.

Funny enough, I have a friend who makes good coin yet has a 2nd side gig for the sole purpose of "saving $$ for an expensive wedding" as he is just 28 now. Wtf?

I mean yeah I like his gf and all, but those two should be traveling abroad with another experiencing new shit instead of saving for a meaningless ring and wedding.

^ no offense Yb but your friend sounds like someone who needs to be chopped off the contact list unless he gets wise to the game soon.

Don't try to catch a falling knife.

If someone has those types of goals/beliefs you simply fade into the background. Slowly fade away like a Michael Jordan classic.

Staying on topic to anyone reading this basically from 15-25 you should find what really makes you happy try anything and everything, after that you know what you want and you'll be driven as all hell to get it. The real balance is doing so without breaking the bank and going in debt. No one is going to be the same.

My only interests are 1) sex via game, 2) sports/lifting, 3) healthy food [hate restaurants with a passion], 4) traveling.

You won't get me to spend money on anything else unless I have to.

By 25ish you should have a B-line path, no compromises to what you want in life. People will think you're crazy, they are right. Your interests will never match another person perfectly so find your interests early in life by trying everything possible.

Copious amounts of gin, clothes and travel.

usually experiences(travel, night out, ski tickets) and rarely on stuff

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

I've been spending lots of money on travel recently. Also on high end restaurants

Travel, gym, food, rent, nights out with my chick once a week, credit to call and kindle books. I don't spend much money and the older I get the less i feel like spending, it's interesting how I am ok in living a simple life, years ago I was all about becoming super rich.

Undervalued real estate in good locations, travel, exotic food.

Gym and all the related stuff (protein)
Food (home and restaurant)
Experiencies
Clothes

1) Sushi+Sake
2) Cool Clothes
3) Traveling
4) Massages

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

The thing I most like to spend money on (when I can afford it) - is buying extra holiday leave from work.

Nothing is more fun than an extra day off work. And to me - something like that is worth much more than flash clothes or a flash car.

Time is the most important thing in the world to me.