rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

MUST WATCH!!! Attitude & Alpha & Act As if & Power Moves

Hi, this may have been mentioned before as it seems right up the alley of many of you on this forum but if you've never watched the TED series of self improvement / motivational videos check out this particular one. Really interesting one about body language, attitude, act as if.

Really amazing about body language and how you view yourself. She comments on a study where people did a "power move" before a mock interview. Judges watched and didn't know who and who didn't do power moves. All judges decided to hire the people who had done power moves. Shows you how you shape your attitude.

Another interesting thing about these power moves, btw, an example of a powermove would be throwing your arms up after winning a race for example. Even blind people who've never seen a power move still do it so it's obviously imbedded in us, kinda.

Another interestin thing with apes I think the example was, if the alpha leaves within a few days someone else stops in and when they test them their testosterone levels have risen.

Really interesting stuff and really motivational in the sense you control your mindset, how you come off to others, if your alpha, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks-_Mh1QhMc

This video was posted in another thread somewhere but I do believe it works. Haters will say its fake because they think everything is just mind-->body but in actuality it is a feedback loop. You can change. It's just that old thought patterns have a lot of momentum so it takes time to undo them.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (11-06-2013 01:28 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

This video was posted in another thread somewhere but I do believe it works. Haters will say its fake because the think everything is just mind-->body but in actuality it is a feedback loop. You can change. It's just that old thought patterns have a lot of momentum so it takes time to undo them.

Yeah figured someone musta posted this as it's right up the alley of the mindset of many of you on here. I was really amazed after watching this. Was hungover in bed one Sunday morning watching this on my phone as my girl was still sleeping. After the video ended I was so inspired and had so much hope for these techniques. I've been trying to put them into practice and I feel like it really does work. Would encourage others to give it a try.

Our bodies change our minds
-and our minds change our behavior
-and our behavior changes our outcomes.

(fake it to you become it) Reminds me of this scene

Quote: (01-06-2015 04:37 AM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  
You can bring broads to logic but you can't force them to think.