rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Apparently police can kill you if your wife calls them out for domestic violence.

Apparently police can kill you if your wife calls them out for domestic violence.

This story is crazy. The police had no warrant and the guy was unarmed.
And its technically not his wife but they are married by common law.
http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/john-...by-police/

The girlfriend/common law wife, wanted a split up with him and he refused. They had at least one kids together and he threw her stuff out on the back yard. She then called the cops on him, claiming he hurt her and had a gun for extra impact.

A police fuck-up. The man was at his front door and he was unarmed when one of the policemen shot him in the middle of negotiating.

Quote: (11-02-2013 04:38 PM)MattW Wrote:  

A police fuck-up. The man was at his front door and he was unarmed when one of the policemen shot him in the middle of negotiating.

$100 the cop is acquitted, if he is charged at all.

Although, perhaps this thread should be titled, "What not to do when the police show up at your house." Constitution be damned, they'll shoot you if you don't do what they say and get off scot free for it.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I hope that cunt rots in the deepest circle of hell. Bitch. Now a innocent man is dead and their two children without a father. What's the children gonna ask?

"Mommy, where is my daddy?"

"Sorry honey, mommy was a selfish cunt and didn't want daddy around. So i had him killed due to LOL Domestic Violence laws. We're better off without him. Now, give mommy her phone. She's gonna introduce you to your new daddy..."

I don't know why they need to use a battering ram on his door either. That vehicle seems like overkill. The police responsible won't get a murder charge or even fired.

When the police have these toys like armored cars, they want to use them.

Stories like this one make the blood boil. Feel terrible for the kid, the cunt of a wife can go to hell.

With respect to the modern world that we live in and a knowledge of what you can expect to have happen if you refuse the police entry to your house, what this man did was stupid, as his untimely death has illustrated.

That being said, I'm pretty damn sympathetic of his refusal to let the police demand entry to his private estate.

Provided that "there is a report of something criminal or possibly dangerous," the police have a long history of going wherever they damn well please.

The only thing to stop them is the fact that if they deny a person's constitutional rights, evidence produced might not be permissible in court, although its up to the judge's discretion and sometimes they deem the evidence as important enough to justify the illegal search.

There is the possibility of a lawsuit, but generally some harm needs to be illustrated.

If the police come in and look around and then leave, what harm has been done to you? Hard to prove injury in a tort court setting.

So, the police just do as they please, because generally, they can.

After a while, they just get into the habit of expecting entry. If refused, now its a "police stand off" and a possible kidnapping.

That being said, if he barricaded that doors, there is reason for the police to believe that subjects inside were being held against their will, a felony, and justification for forced police entry.

I'm the King of Beijing!

It couldn't have been a kidnapping since his wife and kids left before he was shot.

Quote: (11-03-2013 08:26 PM)kbell Wrote:  

It couldn't have been a kidnapping since his wife and kids left before he was shot.

Oh, I missed that.

In that case, assuming that the police knew that there was no one inside (and I'm guessing they did), the idea of this being a stand off is absurd. Unless he was legally prohibited from owning weapons, I can't imagine why he wouldn't have the right to refuse entry to the police, unless they had a warrant. Even then, a warrant based on a pissed off wives' phoned in tip flies in the face to due process.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I got pulled over in Texas the other night with out of state plates. I made god damn sure to put my empty hands out the window to show the cop I was not a threat.

You can get killed in America for just living your life.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.