rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How many drinks do you have when you go out?

Posting this in the 'game' section because alcohol can have positive or negative effects on trying to pull ass.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

I don't drink :$
I end up being the designated driver, which I'm OK with. Plus, I like to be totally in control while others may not be, bit of an "advantage" I guess.

0,1, or several.

0 usually because I do most of my night game sober.

1 because sometimes I'll just order a drink with a buddy to cool off before the night truly begins. And I drive, so I don't want to risk with more drinks.

Several on the nights I don't drive and I truly don't give a fuck about gaming. These nights are rare, but I end up having the most incredible and memorable nights.

Between 4 and 10. Never sober when I'm out but I use public transportation and cabs.

I can't remember.

Here is my recipe, take notes. I usually try to pregame one drink before I go out, either a good beer, sip a shot of high end tequila, or a cocktail at a friends place.

Then once I get to the bar I have a tiny bit of alcohol in my system, but not enough to even feel a real buzz. I always start things off at the bar with a mixed drink, a grey goose and cranberry, or a tequila and pineapple juice, (not the most masculine drink, but fuck off who cares).

The bartenders at my local spots always make the drinks stiff. About 15 minutes after that mixed drink, the buzz kicks in. From there it's all about managing and complimenting that buzz without getting too drunk that I either act like a shithead, or risk getting a DUI on the drive home.

I will usually slowly sip on 2-3 Stella Artois or Coronas over the rest of the night, something light and low alcohol as to manage the gut and the buzz.

It is fun getting drunk and just letting loose and not giving a fuck sometimes, but I usually only do that on special occasions or vacations when I don't have to worry about driving and getting up to accomplish shit the next day. Hangovers are a bitch, and God forbid I ever get a DUI, they really fuck you in California.

Rarely do I have more than 2 or 3 drinks in a night. I've found that more than 3 and I feel like crap the next day - not a hangover, just funky. Been the same story since my early 20's.

If I'm driving, I never have more than two.

If I'm not (cab/train), and I'm trying to pull, I might go up to three.

If I'm with a girl I've already banged, just our with pals, or otherwise DGAF, I might have 4-6.

Cocktails are my main drag these days, I avoid shots and usually have only one beer (again, I feel bloated when I drink too much beer).

I tend to find that having the second drink in my hand is when I reach my peak sociability.

2-4 drinks before I go out. Then 1-4 more when I'm out

A lot.

Drinks? Let's talk bottles...

A bottle generally.

This past Sat myself, Slubu and Qwest attended a polo match. I started drinking around noon and stopped Sunday around 11am.

We went through 2-3 bottles at the match alone, before hitting up a lounge, but I had to have had 30+ in 24hrs.

My liver hates my guts.

McQueen do you take milk thistle? I out drinking at my work which often involved performing at expensive cocktail lounges and bars, so I'm drinking something almost every night. I go out almost all the time, and am surrounded by drink. I try to avoid getting hammered all the time

@Soup: never heard of it.

Details?

Quote: (10-08-2013 03:11 AM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

@Soup: never heard of it.

Details?

It's an herb that's supposed to promote liver health.

^^^Nice; going to check that out tomorrow I have to swoop up some supplements anyway.

At some point my liver will be fucked so might as well start balancing it out.

Quote: (10-08-2013 12:03 AM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

This past Sat myself, Slubu and Qwest attended a polo match.

This was the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic correct?

I think they have only been doing this a few years.

How was it? Can you break it down a little?

Damn I must be a legit drunk then... 6-7+

I never used to drink until I stated noticing how I kill the group vibe when random bottle buyers offer me to chug champagne. Then I met a gay promoter who told me his partying philosophy about wanting to see everyone raging and fucked up (in a classy way) which as I realized MORE and MORE I'd hang with him. Eventually that philosophy rubbed off on me. HOWEVER, I've stopped drinking as much due to it finally costing me...
- Lost 5 phones this year
- 2013, started actually blacking out where I simply was "normal" just couldn't recall 5-6 hours
- Stories of people seeing me and me not remembering

P.S...Did 15 days sober recently wasn't much of a problem BUT would be so annoyed at the fact that when I meet up with my gals I'd be like "iight lets stat off with some shots" only to remember "o wait sorry guys I can't drink".

On an average 9pm-3am night: 10 American size (335ml/12oz) beers at predrinks between 9pm and 1am, then another 5 when in the club 1am-3am. That leaves me coherent enough to game girls with conversation and not just caveman game. On heavy nights I'd drink a bit more and rely on caveman / lowering my standards.

I'd consider myself around the middle level of drinking in my friend group, not particularly high/low. Reading this thread has made me think 10 years of drinking in Ireland (or around Irish people in foreign countries) creates drinking habits that die hard I guess.

3 or less if i'm driving or with non-drinking friends. more if i'm with drinking friends and i have a place to crash. alcohol helps me, a lot.

@G:

Correct, it was.

I'll drop some data this week regarding it.
In essence, not as fun as Del Mar, but still a high level of talent.

Pre drink before bar/nightclub: about 6 beers or 1/4 litre vodka
Bar: 3-6 until i lose all approach anxiety and try to maintain.

It seems I never get out to the bars before 1030 or 11pm. They close at 2am. I would say I drink about 5-6 mixed drinks and one or two shots in that time span.

Quote: (10-08-2013 04:09 AM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

^^^Nice; going to check that out tomorrow I have to swoop up some supplements anyway.

At some point my liver will be fucked so might as well start balancing it out.

Beet juice. Took my tolerance down a peg or two as well.

Generally 1-3. Occasionally get serious and play a game I like to call "one drink per venue, every venue in town."

I'm the King of Beijing!

0 to 2

1 is optimal for game but it's hard to resist that second drink

when I'm not out trying to get bitches or when I'm drinking at home. sky's the limit

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat