rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

i have a boyfriend

i have a boyfriend

Today, after recovering from my previous episode, I approached a hottie from a previous class and asked her for her number. She blushed and said she was flattered but that she has a boyfriend. I then laughed and said, "OK, I ask everybody" as if it was no big deal. How do you think I handled this? Do most hot girls say they have a boyfriend when you ask them?

i have a boyfriend

Tell her: "I didn't ask if you had a bf."

i have a boyfriend

I was trying to sound like I was a player when i said i ask all the time. anyway, how did I handle the situation?

i have a boyfriend

http://roissy.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/i...responses/

and for your own good,
http://roissy.wordpress.com/the-sixteen-...s-of-poon/

i have a boyfriend

Quote: (10-28-2010 11:45 AM)newb69 Wrote:  

Today, after recovering from my previous episode, I approached a hottie from a previous class and asked her for her number. She blushed and said she was flattered but that she has a boyfriend. I then laughed and said, "OK, I ask everybody" as if it was no big deal. How do you think I handled this? Do most hot girls say they have a boyfriend when you ask them?

Yes. Even if they lie to you, they still say it. Simply put, no woman, especially a hot one, wants to be seen as not being highly sought after or not difficult to bang.

The second thing I point out is that you asked her for her number directly - never do this; it's a surefire sign of insecurity and it does not mean shit if she gives it to you anyway. Chances are high she'll flake on you. You must get her to want to give it to you w/o asking - but, I would recommend against getting a number before she has invested at least 30 minutes of talking to you. As you walk away say something simple "what's the best way for us to keep in touch so we can chill down the road?" She'll suggest give you her number, or something she feels comfortable with - usually Facebook (which I despise).

i have a boyfriend

Quote: (10-28-2010 12:26 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Yes. Even if they lie to you, they still say it. Simply put, no woman, especially a hot one, wants to be seen as not being highly sought after or difficult to bang.

The second thing I point out is that you asked her for her number directly - never do this; it's a surefire sign of insecurity and it does not mean shit if she gives it to you anyway. Chances are high she'll flake on you. You must get her to want to give it to you w/o asking - but, I would recommend against getting a number before she has invested at least 30 minutes of talking to you. As you walk away say something simple "what's the best way for us to keep in touch so we can chill down the road?" She'll suggest give you her number, or something she feels comfortable with - usually Facebook (which I despise).

Thank you for the feedback. Can you please explain why it shows insecurity to ask for a girl's number?

i have a boyfriend

Quote: (10-28-2010 06:05 PM)newb69 Wrote:  

Quote: (10-28-2010 12:26 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Yes. Even if they lie to you, they still say it. Simply put, no woman, especially a hot one, wants to be seen as not being highly sought after or difficult to bang.

Thank you for the feedback. Can you please explain why it shows insecurity to ask for a girl's number?

I'm going to give you an answer I got from a cute girl I approached today using this thread topic as an opener, and asked her that very question.

Mixx: "If a guy asks you for your number in less than 30 minutes of talking to you, how would you perceive the guy?"

Girl:"that's a funny question...well, I don't know. I mean any guy that asks me for my number before I am even feel any attraction is trying hard in my eyes, and I see him as someone who does not feel confident to keep talking to me, and would rather secure the hopes of calling me first, before I buy his approach"

Mixx: "So, if you did give him your number after he flat out asks you directly for it, would you actually want to meet him for a fling later?"

Girl: "Well, that depends, if he's cute, I'll give him my number, but I think nothing of it. If he calls, cool, if he does not call, he was not worth my time anyways - I give out my number to dozens of guys and then choose who I want to see later, sometimes I just give out fake numbers if I am not feeling his vibe"

Mixx: "Out of all the times you gave out your number when a guy asked you directly for it, vs the time where you voluntarily wanted to give it him - how many actually led to sex?"

Girl {giggling} " I'm not telling you!.....well, I think that if I give a guy my number, and it was I that suggested he take my number, it's becuase I REALLY like him, and he has a very good chance of having sex with me as I will chase him more than normal."

Mixx: "Interesting, well, thanks for the info - I gotta run now, I have a pre-Halloween cocktail party on the beach today"

Girl "Oh really? Where? What are you wearing?"

MIxx: "At X venue down on South Beach, be cool and funny bumping into you there, just ask the doorman for Mixx if you decide to show up...k later gotta run now"

Girl: "Wait...take my number, I got a girlfriend with a birthday coming up next week, and maybe we can chill then"

Mixx :" Man, I am pretty booked next week, but ok...I guess we can chill sometime"

Girl:" Oh c'mon...I just volunteered my number you jerk {laughing}"

Mixx: "K, put it on my phone, and I'll call you now so you can have mine..."

....and I walk away exit gracefully, stage right.

Any questions?

Mixx

i have a boyfriend

BUt I saw this girl as I was walking to English class and only had 5 minutes. With the other girl I posted about the sitaution you describe is exactly what I failed to do. This girl gave me her number right after I asked and I didn't build attraction so she didn't want a date anymore. I will go back to her in a week though to build attraction. A lot of the time if I am just "sarging" I don't have time to build this kind of attraction unfortunately.

i have a boyfriend

@newb69 it's not a bad look to game chicks in your class. But broaden your horizons try gaming chicks in your school that aren't in your class. Or even try gaming chicks you see that don't go to your college. I don't know if you are living in college town. The thing I regret is not trying to game more chicks that didn't go to my school. I was living in a big city. (SF)

i have a boyfriend

Newb , I was going to say something but Mixx said it nicely with an example, it's going to to be hard act to follow but if the his advice hasn't sunk in ..... here are my 2 cents which has been said many times on the forum but I am going to try to summarize.

1. when you ask a girl for number, she sees u as lower value then her, Mixx said she would not be interested to begin with unless she sees you as higher value then her.

2. I used to get a lot of numbers but 90 % flaking rate , girls not picking up or getting no where after 1 or 2 dates and then I realized , girls were not invested to begin with....., If you have talked to a girl for good 25- 30 in that is when u should think about closing and as if u are giving her a favor by exchanging numbers.

you will get numbers but if you haven't developed a connection , it's not going any where, better cut your losses early if no connection is developing and on to the next one........

3.she has to show that she is interested before you even show that you are interested

4.If it helps open, ramble/follow up to opener, get the conversation going, Attract by DHV or showing your intereting s[/b]elf in subtle ways and get her to ask questions about you, if she shows interest or picks up on your bait fine, you can now show your interest, otherwise do not show any interst and through more bait, no bite move on....

I hope all above helps... happy huntin......

"Timidity is dangerous, Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity." (Robert Greene)

i have a boyfriend

Quote: (10-28-2010 07:23 PM)newb69 Wrote:  

A lot of the time if I am just "sarging" I don't have time to build this kind of attraction unfortunately.

Then I regret to inform you a sad truth; 90% of the girls you sarge will be flakes if you do not build attraction.Unless you loook like Brad Pitt, then you built attraction based on looks alone. You are going to be very frustrated at women if you do not build attraction, and escalate that to Kino grasshopper.

Get it out of your mind to make numbers a priority, and aim for instant-dates instead where you leave to a venue together like a nearby cafe, and invest more time in attraction building. Again, fail to build attraction, and you may as well go home and pick out random numbers out of the white pages to call for a potential bang; you'll have the same probability of success.

mixx

i have a boyfriend

Agreed. Don't put so much value into phone numbers. Getting a chick's phone number barely means anything.

i have a boyfriend

Ok I see everyone's points. Thank you very much. Sometimes I don't have this much time though--i.e. I am going from one class to the next and I see a girl I know from a club or something else.

i have a boyfriend

Good way to get a number:

At the end of the convo simply give her your phone and tell her to give you her info and that you'll call her.

Helps if you're talking about something in the future. It can be vague, anything really, even if it's a joke.

i have a boyfriend

The way I get a number from a chick when I don't have a lot of time to build rapport is by being bold and funny. "Listen I don't have a lot of time, I gotta run to my OBGYN 101 class. Give me your number." Even if you get the number the odds are not in your favor. Like others wrote, chicks give their numbers out the whole time and flaking is inevitable.

And about the "I have a boyfriend" shit test, I usually don't bother with girls like this unless she's exceptional. And I usually get this response when my approach wasn't as tight as it should have been. Game is a numbers Game so I just move on to the next one and try again.