rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Female Role Models?

Female Role Models?

Who are some positive female role modems today? It just occurred to me that I can not think of any. Not one. Honestly, Miley Cyrus was my first though. Just a few years ago she seemed like the perfect, wholesome all American girl. Now, she's a fuckin scuzzbag and embarrassment to her poor ole pops that no father should allow his daughter to watch.

The other thought was Khloe Kardashian. Yea, she can be a big mouthed bitch and all that, but she's one of the few women who really seems to stand by her man and care about their future together, and try to make it work, as opposed to stepping out and taking him for half. Is she a perfect role model? Fuck no, but I really am having trouble thinking of anyone better.

Are/were these two really the best America has to offer young girls? Is it that bad? Please, show me I'm wrong and shine some light on my small man brain.

Female Role Models?

These are the only female models we need

[Image: 36580_424878557567063_2136255487_n.jpg]
[Image: 424001_451359578252294_1247876630_n.jpg]
[Image: 546339_405593162828936_894951285_n.jpg]
[Image: 217838_405593132828939_734148733_n.jpg]

Female Role Models?

Hmm, interesting thread.

I follow Angie Harmon on Twitter and I was pleased to see her list being wife and mother in her Twitter handle. That is good she is seeing being a wife and mother as key to her identity and a positive.

For younger women, at this point it is simply finding the least fucked up women. Women like Lady Gaga, Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus are all fucked in the head. At least women like Katy Perry and Ariana Grande aren't complete fucking losers. They at least seem to okay with themselves and Perry was married for a time to Russell Brand. Maybe that means she has some issues....

The trouble is that women with serious issues are lauded. I have a draft for RoK about Demi Lovato and how it is terrible she is lauded for her "awareness" of mental health issues while displaying ZERO actual awareness & knowledge.

I am not the biggest follower of celebrities and so-called female role models, but if that annoying fat bitch Lena Dunham is praised then our society is fucked. . .

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Female Role Models?

I was hoping for Alizee, but she recently got divorced and is now spamming hamsterrific quotes and photos on her page, so it seems no. But I believe that female role models are theoretically possible despite me having trouble thinking of one.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Female Role Models?

Quote: (10-01-2013 01:44 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

But I believe that female role models are theoretically possible despite me having trouble thinking of one.

I have to disagree here. The ideal female doesn't feel the need to incessently attention whore. This is mutually incompatible with being a role model for anyone beyond their immediate family and friends

Female Role Models?

Quote: (10-01-2013 02:06 AM)Architekt Wrote:  

But I believe that female role models are theoretically possible despite me having trouble thinking of one.

I have to disagree here. The ideal female doesn't feel the need to incessently attention whore. This is mutually incompatible with being a role model for anyone beyond their immediate family and friends

I agree with you, but being a role model doesn't have to be based on attention whoring (even though it's often like that in today's world). We have to draw some kind of line between doing things for attention and doing things that attract attention. Think Joan of Arc vs. Miley Cyrus, or something.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Female Role Models?

Whoever she is, she'd better be classy.

That's the one thing that has slipped away in the behavior or a lot of American people, man or woman.

Female Role Models?

There is that Bones lady,Emily Deschanel,she is married (since just 3 years,but still..) with the father of her child who seems to have way less fame and money than herself

She is a vegan but nothing bad with that,i guess it helps to keep a girl thin

[Image: emily-deschanel-gives-birth-baby-boy.jpg]

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

Female Role Models?

Quote: (10-01-2013 06:13 AM)Sailor Wrote:  

She is a vegan but nothing bad with that,i guess it helps to keep a girl thin

So many girls are iron deficient. Veganism really isn't helping that. If a woman was pregnant with my heir, I'd be making sure she's getting all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals she needs to support the healthiest child possible. Meats contain a lot of those essential components.

Female Role Models?

Christina Hendricks? Married, stays out of political arenas, seems to know when to dress with her tits out and when not to, doesn't seem to go out of her way to be an attention whore.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Female Role Models?

I was hoping for Alizee, but she recently got divorced and is now spamming hamsterrific quotes and photos on her page, so it seems no. But I believe that female role models are theoretically possible despite me having trouble thinking of one.
She also got fat and tats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Asz_PJ8Ck0

She lost most of the weight but shes still not the same.

Female Role Models?

Quote: (10-01-2013 06:19 AM)wiscanada Wrote:  

Christina Hendricks? Married, stays out of political arenas, seems to know when to dress with her tits out and when not to, doesn't seem to go out of her way to be an attention whore.

She is childless,not a problem for me but it seems so for many

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

Female Role Models?

Miranda Kerr is one.

Married to a successful actor, looks after her body, didn't wait too late to have kids, is humble and from the country.

[Image: Miranda-Kerr-Beautiful-Girl.jpg]

If you're not growing, you're dying.

Female Role Models?

Boxer:

[Image: 600full-hana-haruna.jpg]

Scholar:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5XLtmO5ocP1G8lez7Xo1...6MnnwegFeA]

Doctor:

[Image: female-asian.jpg]

Female Role Models?

Dems some tig ol' bitties for a Japanese girl

Female Role Models?

A Kardashian as a good role model?

[Image: mindblown2.png]

[Image: facepalm.png]

Female Role Models?

I have a lot of admiration for Jessica Lynch.

She was captured, made into a big hero in a fake propaganda narrative, and instead of going along with it, she called bullshit on it. That makes her a different kind of hero.

She asked that money be donated to charity instead of sending gifts and money to her.

Then she went to school, had a kid, and became a teacher.

[Image: E8614645859B461C73FF4386D5CB9.jpg]

Female Role Models?

Actresses shouldn't qualify IMO.

Clara Hughes here in Canada was able to medel in multiple games both Winter and Sunmer in cycling and long track speed skating. She's ugly as a horse, but aside from corporate commitments or her charity, she lives a reserved life with her husband since retiring from sport.

Female Role Models?

Quote: (10-01-2013 08:24 AM)NY Digital Wrote:  

A Kardashian as a good role model?

Ignoring half of a paragraph and responding to something taken out of context?

Quote:Quote:

Is she a perfect role model? Fuck no, but I really am having trouble thinking of anyone better.

Female Role Models?

Female Role Models?

How about Sade?? Classy lady.

Female Role Models?

I read the whole thing. You're contradicting yourself.

Is she a perfect role model? Fuck no, but I really am having trouble thinking of anyone better.

You just stated that's your top pick of a female role model.

So referring back to my original statement: "A Kardashian as a good role model? "

And your original statement in this context:

I really am having trouble thinking of anyone better.

Therefore, she is a good role model in your opinion.

Just saying.

The Kardashians depict almost everything that is wrong with America and American women. So that's why I was shocked to see the above statements.

Millions of young women are looking up to these "role models".

Female Role Models?

Quote: (10-01-2013 08:43 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

I have a lot of admiration for Jessica Lynch.

She was captured, made into a big hero in a fake propaganda narrative, and instead of going along with it, she called bullshit on it. That makes her a different kind of hero.

She asked that money be donated to charity instead of sending gifts and money to her.

Then she went to school, had a kid, and became a teacher.

[Image: E8614645859B461C73FF4386D5CB9.jpg]

I had no idea about it. Do you have a link where the whole story is detailed?

Female Role Models?

Quote: (10-01-2013 10:01 AM)NY Digital Wrote:  

I read the whole thing. You're contradicting yourself.

You just stated that's your top pick of a female role model.

So referring back to my original statement: "A Kardashian as a good role model? "

And your original statement in this context:

I really am having trouble thinking of anyone better.

Therefore, she is a good role model in your opinion.

Just saying.

The Kardashians depict almost everything that is wrong with America and American women. So that's why I was shocked to see the above statements.

Millions of young women are looking up to these "role models".

You just tried to convince me that I don't actually know my own opinions and thoughts. That's hilarious.

I didn't say she's my top pick, I said I can't think of anyone better. That is not the same thing.

I asked for help in identifying someone better, and also asked if America is so bad that she's the best we can do. That clearly indicates I don't think she's a very good role model, and that the current state of things leaves much to be desired.

Her only redeeming quality is that from the little I've seen, she stands by her husband during bad times as opposed to stepping out on him and filing for divorce. That is one quality women can look up to. Pointing out one redeeming quality doesn't mean I think she's a good role model.

Either way, that's enough arguing about the Kardashians for me. I started this thread because I was having trouble identifying any good female role models in main stream media. It appears there are very little to choose from.

Female Role Models?

Oprah Winfrey

Self-Made (I think) Billionaire

2/10 WNB though.