rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

China Success

China Success

Over the past few years there has been some discussion here on the huge opportunities for doing business in China.

Are there any forum members who have created a reasonable level of business or financial success in China yet?

China Success

Yes there are. Check the Enter China private community which is full of people who have living and making moves in China or people that are about to move to China. You may also want to check the Elevator Life (theelevatorlife.com).

Are you thinking of going or move there?

China Success

Quote: (09-30-2013 06:04 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Are you thinking of going or move there?

Not at this stage VP. I am aware of those other sites you mentioned, but I am curious if anyone from this forum is doing well there.

China Success

There are a few that I know of. But I'll let them share about their experiences there.

China Success

I think I'm the pessimissist of the group but the general feeling on this end is that the easy mobey days of starting a business are coming to an end, if not already over.
1) what you can even get into business in is heavily regulated. as a wholly foreign owned enterprise your options are restricted fairly heavily.
2) capital requirements are also regulated by law, both on how much you need, when it must be spent, and how much can be spent.
3) they love restricting how long and how many foreigners can enter the country.
4) corruption. oh god the corruption. yiu can have the best idea ever and the local cadres will suck you dry. you have a great idea for an import business? loval customs officials decide to make up taxes and throw them at you. you complain to who? nobody will jelp you. a 5 second google search will show you this happens all the time.
the best way to get going in china is to work for a FOREIGN firm that needs boots on the ground here. youre international salary will go much farther here than in europe or north america.
thays my 老外 2 cents

China Success

All my China friends and I continue to invest into living in and study China, improving our language skills and attempting to build connections.

I've had a lot of discussions about prospective opportunities, but nothing has ever come of anything.

I do believe that there are real opportunities for those who have special China skills, although, many of those probably are more in consulting that starting your own business.

That being said, running a successful mid-sized business is hard and will be as hard in China as anywhere else.

The advantage of other countries is that you could just run a small business out of your house legally with a minimum upfront investment and slowly build it.

In China, to legally run a business, you'll probably only get the license if they see your business plan as one that will be good for China...ie, offering jobs. Which means you will automatically be in the midsized sector.

There are some opportunities in export import, but these days, you'll probably really need to know your market.

I make my money when I am in China running a small teaching/consulting business and staying on the radar and not paying taxes.

I'm the King of Beijing!