rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's Your Enneagram Type?

In similar fashion to the MBTI thread I thought it would be cool to start a thread based on the Enneagram typology.

Enneagram is more about "self-discovery" (self-absorption might be more accurate) as compared to MBTI's focus on group dynamics and corporate synergy type shit. I would generalize that MBTI offers a truer picture of what you do in public social settings, and Enneagram offers a truer picture of your inner motivations and what you truly think and do when people aren't watching closely.

Take the test here.

I've tested both as a Four and a Five.

Quote: (09-28-2013 01:15 AM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

I've tested both as a Four and a Five.

Same here. I also score high on type 1.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Tie between 3 and 6. Lowest on 8.

This website is a good resource for the test and system http://www.personalitycafe.com

I'd be careful though, the place is hella blue pill. Regardless, it's a good group of people with an interesting system of classifying people.

On those tests, the highest rated types tend to be tritype. We all have a core type and two supporting types. They're broken down into the heart, head, and gut triads. Don't forget that your type can also take on attributes of the type next to it, so a type 9 can have 8 attributes (9w8) or a type 4 can have 5 attributes (4w5).

My tritype is 9w8, 7w8, 3w4. The instinctual variant for me is so/sp.

The instinctual variants correspond to the lower 3 chakras. So for social, sp for self preservation, and sx for sexual (meaning relationship building). This makes for 9 different instinctual variants and "flows" of the energy.

An sx/so is your classic alpha. This person has charisma and charm.
So/sp is known as the social climber. This person is the one that has to work on himself to become better (i think a lot of us here are this).
Sp/sx is a quiet and darkly intense individual. Earthy.

These types are contra positive. They push people away and defy the human condition. The next types are positive and group forming. These are the classic save the world group harmony types.

So that would be sp/so , so/sx, and sx/sp. It makes more sense if you look at it in the Indian realms of existence here. http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram-per...tence.html

Why is this all useful? Well, it's nice to know where ones mental pitfalls are and I enjoy a good naval gazing. Also, it can show you what "type" of woman you most likely want http://www.9types.com/writeup/enneagram_marriages.html

I'm still not sure what this all means...I'm more familiar with the Myers-Briggs test where I am a strong INTP (not sure how my Enneagram results match up with INTP...). I'll take it a few more times but initially I got this result (where do I find the instinctual variant??):

[Image: Type3.png]

You are a Type 3 with a 2 wing: "The Charmer"

Your trifix is 3w2, 6w5, 8w7.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-fix contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 3 with a 2 wing: Type Three individuals are self-assured, confident, and driven for success. Type Threes have a great deal of energy that propels them to excel at their chosen field, and this is why the type is often called The Achiever. Although Threes may not always like it, they’re often looked up to. Type Threes, more than any other type, are the most likely to be a workaholic. When in a state of growth, Threes become more cooperative and trusting of others, like a Type Six. When stressed, Threes become withdrawn like a Type Nine. You are a Type Three with a Two wing, which means that your driven nature combines with a desire to help people. You often come off as charming and outgoing as a result.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 6 with a 5 wing: Type Six individuals are reliable, committed, and security-oriented. They are natural troubleshooters, and are always aware of potential problems. This makes the Type Six anxious, but the anxiety fuels them to resolve their problems. They can range from loyal to rebellious, depending on where they get their security from – if the security is from within, they can be very defiant… if it comes from others, they can be very cooperative and devoted. When a Type Six is in a growth state, they become calm like a Type Nine. When they are stressed, they can become arrogant like an unhealthy Type Three. You are a Type Six with a Five wing, which means that the committed nature of the Six combines with the cerebral nature of the Type Five. As a result, you often excel at concrete thinking and troubleshooting.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 8 with a 7 wing: Eights are assertive, dominant individuals who naturally take control of situations. Eights are aggressive in satisfying their needs, and indeed, Type Eight is the most aggressive personality type in the Enneagram. When in a state of growth, Eights become like Type Twos - caring and protective of other people. When Eights are stressed, they become withdrawn and secretive like Type Fives. You're an Eight with a Seven wing, which means that the outgoing nature of Seven combines with the assertive nature of Type Eight to create one of the most dynamic types in the Enneagram. Type 8w7s are a force to be reckoned with.

Some words that describe you: decisive, authoritative, natural leader, assertive, ambitious, driven, adaptable, energetic, loyal, reliable, anxious, skeptical.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (09-28-2013 09:02 AM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

I'm still not sure what this all means...I'm more familiar with the Myers-Briggs test where I am a strong INTP (not sure how my Enneagram results match up with INTP...). I'll take it a few more times but initially I got this result (where do I find the instinctual variant??):

[Image: Type3.png]

You are a Type 3 with a 2 wing: "The Charmer"

Your trifix is 3w2, 6w5, 8w7.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-fix contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 3 with a 2 wing: Type Three individuals are self-assured, confident, and driven for success. Type Threes have a great deal of energy that propels them to excel at their chosen field, and this is why the type is often called The Achiever. Although Threes may not always like it, they’re often looked up to. Type Threes, more than any other type, are the most likely to be a workaholic. When in a state of growth, Threes become more cooperative and trusting of others, like a Type Six. When stressed, Threes become withdrawn like a Type Nine. You are a Type Three with a Two wing, which means that your driven nature combines with a desire to help people. You often come off as charming and outgoing as a result.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 6 with a 5 wing: Type Six individuals are reliable, committed, and security-oriented. They are natural troubleshooters, and are always aware of potential problems. This makes the Type Six anxious, but the anxiety fuels them to resolve their problems. They can range from loyal to rebellious, depending on where they get their security from – if the security is from within, they can be very defiant… if it comes from others, they can be very cooperative and devoted. When a Type Six is in a growth state, they become calm like a Type Nine. When they are stressed, they can become arrogant like an unhealthy Type Three. You are a Type Six with a Five wing, which means that the committed nature of the Six combines with the cerebral nature of the Type Five. As a result, you often excel at concrete thinking and troubleshooting.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 8 with a 7 wing: Eights are assertive, dominant individuals who naturally take control of situations. Eights are aggressive in satisfying their needs, and indeed, Type Eight is the most aggressive personality type in the Enneagram. When in a state of growth, Eights become like Type Twos - caring and protective of other people. When Eights are stressed, they become withdrawn and secretive like Type Fives. You're an Eight with a Seven wing, which means that the outgoing nature of Seven combines with the assertive nature of Type Eight to create one of the most dynamic types in the Enneagram. Type 8w7s are a force to be reckoned with.

Some words that describe you: decisive, authoritative, natural leader, assertive, ambitious, driven, adaptable, energetic, loyal, reliable, anxious, skeptical.

Instinctual variant is a bit more complicated. I took a few tests, but they didn't accurately get my type.

The best way to find your instinctual variant is by finding the second type first. Normally our hobbies and interests tend to utilize the second interest while our first type is used the most.

I figured mine out by my interests. I'm a natural troubleshooter and very social. Things that bother me tend to fall under the realm of self preservation and that tends to be the style of my speech. It appeared to be So/Sp.

Here's a test for you. It's not the best, but it may help http://similarminds.com/variant.html

Quote: (09-28-2013 10:20 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

Instinctual variant is a bit more complicated. I took a few tests, but they didn't accurately get my type.

The best way to find your instinctual variant is by finding the second type first. Normally our hobbies and interests tend to utilize the second interest while our first type is used the most.

I figured mine out by my interests. I'm a natural troubleshooter and very social. Things that bother me tend to fall under the realm of self preservation and that tends to be the style of my speech. It appeared to be So/Sp.

Here's a test for you. It's not the best, but it may help http://similarminds.com/variant.html

This is starting to seem a little "out there". I got SX/SP...so apparently I'm a "Hungry Ghost". [Image: lol.gif]

I still prefer Myers Briggs but it's all good food for thought.

The marriage frequencies study is especially interesting.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

The instinctual variants are harder to work out. What are your hobbies?

The sx/sp is an intense individual. I wouldn't worry about it unless you get into it. I was all about this new agey stuff until i stumbled upon the manosphere. Life got better than.

MBTI is a cognitive process test meaning it measures information gathering between point A and point B. The enneagram tries to gauge what our underlying motivations are starting at point A. There is definitely a freudian angle to it.

[Image: type6M.gif]
I have always felt that I was loyal to a fault. This just confirmed it.

Quote:Quote:

We have named personality type Six The Loyalist because, of all the personality types, Sixes are the most loyal to their friends and to their beliefs. They will “go down with the ship” and hang on to relationships of all kinds far longer than most other types.

It certainly explains why I didn't leave my ex when I felt like I should and waited for her to pull the trigger. The relationship was toxic for months.

Also, what are these wings you speak of and how do I figure out what mine are?

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

A "wing" is a type adjacent to your primary one that you share some secondary traits with.
If you're a 6, you can be a 6w5 or 6w7.
Allegedly 6w5s would be more analytical and pensive, 6w7s would be more gregarious and outgoing.

How do you figure out your wing? Is it the type that you score higher on? I scored a 7 on type 6, a 5 on type 5, and a 2 on type 7. Would this make me a 6w5?

Edit: After reading the interpretation page I'm almost certain I'm a 6w5. I also scored a 6 as a type 9, but the description of a 9 doesn't resonate with me. "The Defender" is most certainly me. I almost beat the shit out of some guy a couple of weeks ago because he was drunk off his ass and jokingly said "I'd hate to put you in a kimora" while brushing his hand against my friends arm. Joking or not, you don't say you are going to put someone in a lock that can destroy someone's shoulder while making physical contact with the part of the body it targets.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Bumping this, since the MBTI thread is back at the top again.

I find the enneagram system to be very accurate and useful. I am a 3 (the least prevalent of the 9) myself. At times I give this test to people I want to figure out, most girls will be like 'oh cool' let me try it, then afterwards I know a great deal about how to handle them. Easy!

Btw it wouldnt surprise me if RvF would have a lot higher nr of 3's than general society. Thsi forum is basically ideal for our type.

Funny to see this thread pop up again.

I tried to explain instinctual variants, but I get the impression all of this forum is roughly contra flow.

Quote: (07-17-2014 02:32 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

Funny to see this thread pop up again.

I tried to explain instinctual variants, but I get the impression all of this forum is roughly contra flow.
I'm pretty sure I'm SX/SP.
Supposedly SX/SP 4's are the most neurotic type of all; sounds accurate for me, sadly, heh.

Mine is 6.
I do not think anything can be worse than that.

Motto of this type is "always take into consideration the worst case scenario".
So I am so afraid if hiv and pregnancy that in last 11 years I had sex only once and after that I was visiting a psychiatrist and taking sedatives for a few months.
I do not think I will find enough courage to have sex ever in my life.

I'm type 7w8. I agree with it minus the extroversion, but I have tended towards extroversion as I've grown older.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.