rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Being friends with girls

Being friends with girls

I wrote in lifestyle forum because I want to have lifestyles that's considered 'feminine' in U.S.
This is not about 'I want to be a Beta', 'I want to be her friends first, make a move later and freak her out'

I can't think of a typical American guy who will be down to go to art galleries, classical concert, opera, wine lounge, sushi, antique shops, malls, home decor places etc.

I opened this stylish chick at a coffee shop and realized she is an architect student. we talked about interior design and architecture. (one of my main interest) I gave her my number saying we should talk about this more. Although she txted me right after we split, she became cold when I hit her up. (no I didn't invite her to the bar)

I opened this Anna Kendrick looking chick at a bar. She is totally my type and has a finance degree. (same as mine but never worked in real field) we talked about that little bit and I gave her my number. I told her we can go to sushi together but since it's not a date, you have to pay for your own. It has been a week and I am sure she is gone.
I wouldn't mind just hanging out with her and listen to her real experience in finance field.

Obviously, I am a guy with a normal hormone level. I'd love to push it further if she is interested. But I don't mind just Hanging out with her doing things that fits my interest.

Why those two girls above ducked out?
because they knew I was just hitting on them indirectly and they weren't interested in me as a guy?
because they didn't get to know me even as friends?

I think it will look weird if I emphasize 'hey I really want to get to know you just as friends'

Is there a different way of approaching them if you want to be friends for common interests?

Being friends with girls

Quote: (09-27-2013 08:30 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

I wrote in lifestyle forum because I want to have lifestyles that's considered 'feminine' in U.S.
This is not about 'I want to be a Beta', 'I want to be her friends first, make a move later and freak her out'

I can't think of a typical American guy who will be down to go to art galleries, classical concert, opera, wine lounge, sushi, antique shops, malls, home decor places etc.

I opened this stylish chick at a coffee shop and realized she is an architect student. we talked about interior design and architecture. (one of my main interest) I gave her my number saying we should talk about this more. Although she txted me right after we split, she became cold when I hit her up. (no I didn't invite her to the bar)

I have similar tastes as you, but there's a decent chance that the girl turned cold on you *because* you wanted to talk about architecture.

Yeah, there are always exceptions, but even smart and educated girls - including girls who have made some academic specialty their career - are turned off by guys who want to engage them in intellectual conversation.

Your best bet is to game these girls, bang them, *and then* try to make them your intellectual companion. But don't expect too much. Usually, young girls won't have the patience for it, not unless you're gaming her more than you're talking about Bauhaus or Rem Koolhaas or whatever.

Being friends with girls

Sex first. All the corny couple shit 2nd ...if at all.

Relationships have 3 phases:

1. The courtship phase(sex)
2. The couple phase(museums, family functions)
3. The break-up phase(this one is self explanatory)

You have to go through them in order. You're trying to skip steps.

I don't understand why you'd want to have a female friend without the chance of sex. It's kind of pointless. Women are dumb and boring if you're not fucking them.

Team Nachos

Being friends with girls

Quote: (09-27-2013 10:08 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Sex first. All the corny couple shit 2nd ...if at all.

Relationships have 3 phases:

1. The courtship phase(sex)
2. The couple phase(museums, family functions)
3. The break-up phase(this one is self explanatory)

You have to go through them in order. You're trying to skip steps.

I don't understand why you'd want to have a female friend without the chance of sex. It's kind of pointless. Women are dumb and boring if you're not fucking them.

Not true. The 2nd phase can be skipped [Image: banana.gif]

Being friends with girls

I believe in getting the most bang for your buck.

Female friends are useful for social proofing. They can hook you up with parties and their girlfriends. Send them text messages saying hi every once in a while. Cheap investment and they will stand up for you like if guys are hating on you for being successful or if the ex she hooked you up with is getting shitty.

Why burn bridges? Female friends are all part of social networking game.

Every guy ever is gonna have to deal with being friend zoned by certain chicks. Why not get something out of it?

Being friends with girls

Female friends is an oxymoron. I can have ten times more fun hanging with the boys that I cam with a chick if I'm not trying to or already fucking her. Maybe I'm weird, but I have zero interest in chilling with chicks for reasons other than fucking them.

Being friends with girls

Female friends won't help you pick up other girls or shed valuable career advice. I've tried this route out previously. Other girls can sense that you are both just friends, it's obvious by body language you're not fucking. You'll be perceived as always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

If said chick-friend isn't getting anything out of the interaction, she won't lift a finger to help you get laid. This applies the same to careers - the only women who have actively listened to me about my career were those 'less experienced' than myself, who wanted to get ahead.

They aren't as selfless as your mates, who will jump on grenades so you get laid, or give you honest feedback and advice about career progression etc.

If you're not growing, you're dying.

Being friends with girls

Quote: (09-30-2013 08:02 AM)Prophylaxis Wrote:  

Female friends won't help you pick up other girls

I've found some women prove to be better wingmen than most of my friends. And you just know your girl isn't gonna bang your buddy instead of you

Being friends with girls

Quote: (09-30-2013 09:50 AM)Architekt Wrote:  

I've found some women prove to be better wingmen than most of my friends. And you just know your girl isn't gonna bang your buddy instead of you

Yep, got a friend who specifically goes out of her way to make sure I bang her mates. I don't understand it, I don't try to, I just bang them

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Being friends with girls

Quote: (09-27-2013 08:30 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

I opened this Anna Kendrick looking chick at a bar. She is totally my type and has a finance degree. (same as mine but never worked in real field) we talked about that little bit and I gave her my number. I told her we can go to sushi together but since it's not a date, you have to pay for your own. It has been a week and I am sure she is gone.
I wouldn't mind just hanging out with her and listen to her real experience in finance field.

Obviously, I am a guy with a normal hormone level. I'd love to push it further if she is interested. But I don't mind just Hanging out with her doing things that fits my interest.

Why those two girls above ducked out?
because they knew I was just hitting on them indirectly and they weren't interested in me as a guy?
because they didn't get to know me even as friends?

I think it will look weird if I emphasize 'hey I really want to get to know you just as friends'

Is there a different way of approaching them if you want to be friends for common interests?

At various times I've had a lot of friends that are girls, and I've enjoyed some of these friendships and also gotten laid through social proof and their networks. I've also become good friends with some of their husbands. When you move across the country like I did a few years ago, you need all the friends you can get at first.

Most of the friendships I have with girls though are because we have been made to interact with each other in a non-sexualized manner for a while. This means that I had class with the girl, worked with the girl or the girl was in a relationship with a friend of mine.

My opinion is that when you meet a girl out, one on one, it is inherently sexual. If you actually want friends that are girls, find them the same place where you find friends that are guys. Guys don't really make new guy friends at coffee shops or bars.

Being friends with girls

I dont see how a guy cab be friends with a decent looking girl without trying to fuck her. Girls already have dozens of male friends to talk to when theyre bored or need something. All of the guys i know with female friends would fuck them in a heart beat but are to pussy to just man handle them.

Being friends with girls

Quote: (09-27-2013 08:42 PM)Therapsid Wrote:  

Yeah, there are always exceptions, but even smart and educated girls - including girls who have made some academic specialty their career - are turned off by guys who want to engage them in intellectual conversation.

Your best bet is to game these girls, bang them, *and then* try to make them your intellectual companion. But don't expect too much. Usually, young girls won't have the patience for it, not unless you're gaming her more than you're talking about Bauhaus or Rem Koolhaas or whatever.

I honestly don't believe Intelligent Women exist.

Oh sure, you see them around, with their bobbed hair or in their berets, clutching a Penguin Classics Paperback of Camus or Hemingway, studying artwork in a museum with a air of great import.

It's all naught but pose. They've simply dressed themselves in the trapping of what they believe makes a serious, intelligent woman. It's easier to appear smart by fitting a pre-existing stereotype than to actually be smart and be forced to prove it. Raise the level of discourse, and, not only can they not keep up, they'll try in the laziest way possible to drag the conversation back down to their comfort level.

They all say they want an intelligent man, but it's bullshit. They want a muscular neanderthal, who acts, not thinks, because then he doesn't challenge them intellectually, and women love drama. They don't want a man to rationally talk through a relationship problem, because that's boring. They want slamming doors, tears, anger and make up sex, because they mistake all that bullshit for passionate investment in the relationship. I see college women date down all the time, because men from their own peer group aren't sexy to them for this reason.

In their first flush of higher education, they might think they want an intellectual superior. If you're an intelligent man in a position of power over them, sure, they will crush on you, but in the most immature way possible: the attention of an older, intelligent man simply feeds their ego as to their own intelligence. "He must find me fascinating..."; "He's so worldly and has seen so much but wants to spend time with me..."

Once the pump and dump has happened, and they realise they're Not Special After All, the same old Hamster bullshit starts: "He took advantage of his position"; "I found myself doing..."; "He made me....".

I've mentioned this before, but, outside of work, I hide all trace of my intelligence around women. Given my thuggish looks, I deliberately impersonate a person with an IQ somewhere south of 100, whilst actually being north of 140. Priviliged women romanticise muscled up working class thugs as somehow 'more real' and 'earthy' - you'll see this in the field of literature too with regards to race. True Intelligence just confuses them, and most women don't bother looking for shades of grey between black and white. Be the stereotype they assume you are. Make them think you lift weights, not books. Don't ever send a text message without a few spelling errors. You can be the doctor she marries or the mechanic she thinks about whilst fucking her husband.

Here's a good example of an 'intelligent, educated' woman with a journalism degree, trapped in a sea of beta media males, romanticising working class beef, and basically flicking the bean in print:

We Could All Learn A Lot From How Tradies Live Their Lives

Being friends with girls

Quote: (09-30-2013 09:59 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

Quote: (09-30-2013 09:50 AM)Architekt Wrote:  

Yep, got a friend who specifically goes out of her way to make sure I bang her mates. I don't understand it, I don't try to, I just bang them

The reason I think my female friends are willing to hook me up with their friends even when she knows it's for a ons is because women are always looking for a free lunch. It's one of the most important things to them. If that means sacrificing her friends poosy so she doesn't have to sleep with you to keep you around then so be it.

That's my theory anyway. Selfish behavior like that doesn't really surprise me anymore. Makes me laugh these days because of how typical it is.

Being friends with girls

Quote: (09-30-2013 07:48 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Female friends is an oxymoron. I can have ten times more fun hanging with the boys that I cam with a chick if I'm not trying to or already fucking her. Maybe I'm weird, but I have zero interest in chilling with chicks for reasons other than fucking them.

I don't think this is weird at all. Pretty natural, especially as you get a little older and are out in the working world, say past your mid to late 20s when a lot of men & women are married anyway. The whole 'friends' thing with women was always bs to me anyway. I mean sure you can be friends from a distance I guess, in school classes or at work, but there's ALWAYS an angle if you're spending a large amount of time with them on a casual basis outside the office.

I barely have enough time to hang with my buddies here and have to devote certain evenings to them to make sure we hang out bc I'm always tied up with my girls. So seeing some girl outside banging her makes zero sense - would basically be hanging out with them instead of my buddies who I don't get to see enough of anyway, would not want to do that.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Being friends with girls

I was reading an interview with Chopper Read [Famous Australian Criminal] this morning, and his quote rang true for me: "Posh people love gangsters."

Being friends with girls

How many unattractive girls are you friends with?

There are exceptions, but odds are if you are trying to befriend a girl she is probably attractive and you are shooting yourself in the foot at any chance at having sex with her.

Being friends with girls

You can never be friends with a woman, at least not in the way that men define friendship. You can have a friendship of the female variety with her, sure. But that's about as meaningful as your relationship with the host at your favorite restaurant. It's based on reciprocity and mutual convenience, not loyalty and shared history. The correct way to be "friends" with a woman is to actually be what men would call "acquaintances". Chat with them in social situations, and use them to help you expand your social circle by meeting their friends. That's about it. Do not ever assume a woman will extend you any of the trappings of real friendship of the type that men enjoy, especially loyalty. This word literally has no meaning to women. There is no loyalty in the female mind, there is only expedience and her current emotional state.

Operate with these assumptions in mind and you can be "friends" with a woman, meaning that you can treat her precisely the same way she treat you and everyone else: as a social tool to be used for selfish purposes and discarded when convenient.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Being friends with girls

Scorpion, all you do is drop jewels.

+1

Being friends with girls

^^^ I've been experimenting w/an extended social circle-type of game.

Mainly using my harem chicks as intermediaries to ferry girls to my buddies. I've been having a good amount of success w/it, but its somwhat unreliable because you are dealing w/a group of women (which means flake rates go way up). I often get a buddy whos might inquire about hooking him up. I call up my harem chick and tell her to bring a cute single GF for dinner w/my buddy and I. I hype up my buddy as a rich dude, well-off, well-traveled, cool guy (which usually they are), and then I let the pieces fall where they may. Other key ingredients are copious alcohol and sushi/dinner.

I also use my harem chicks as jump-off points to exclusive events that hot girls have access to. This is more rare. I did attend an Oscar's afterparty, get invited to sick loft-party in dtown, posh house parties, yada yada.

Some intangibles- harem chicks are the best advertising for you as a professional. Something about being to "afford" 2 or more hot girls, makes others give you mad props. Owners of restaurants come by to shoot the shit (and later come by to ask you whats your story), parent's friends congratulate you on the hottie(s), friends hitting you up for events (reciprocity for point 1), and overall networking. Success brings more success, and that success brings more girls. Don't be surprised if you your schedule is booked solid w/new "friends".

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Being friends with girls

I have a few female friends that are people I just happen to have known for many years and we have a history. These aren't women I'm trying to mess with. Most of them are around my age, mid-30s and I'm not interested in 30-something women anyway. So I can just kick back and be cool with them. They are fine as activity partners like going to an exhibit or trying some new restaurant or something. Most my guy friends just aren't going to do stuff like that. But I'm not trying to bring any new female friends on-board unless they have something of value to offer, like access to a coveted social network full of young, attractive, available women. Or good professional networking potential.

Being friends with girls

Both chicks didn't jump at your offer of friendship and conversation because it wasn't compelling.

They don't have a real burning desire for things intellectual. You already know this, but occasionally you'll forget.

The male desire to discuss, debate, argue, listen... et cetera is male.

It's not like bitches don't gather and talk already, they just talk about bullshit.

It's why Plato, Socrates, and Aristotle all gathered around for debates.
It's why the French salons (oh the irony) were primarily made up of men.
If you see a bunch of chicks chatting, 99 times out of 100, it's gossip. Even at academic conferences, rarely do the broads talk about the ideas, they talk about the impressions, emotions, and social dynamics of the room.

I work with a grip of post-graduate educated female professionals, and when they talk, it's usually inane stuff. Real Housewives, their boyfriends, maybe 10% politics... They only get outside of their own heads when challenged on that level. (oh you don't think I understand geo-stationary orbit!) But most of them would rather shut down and shut up.

So you're standard NPR listening chick isn't really enticed with the offer of a one on one discussion of Frank Gehry and other starchitects.

Why?

The key here is one on one.
Bitches ain't dumb. *stay with me here*

One on One can easily lead to sex, and your promise of a rousing discussion of whether IM Pei's best years are behind him is a just a subtext for fucking..in her mind.

Plenty of smart guys have used academic and worldy topics to isolate her, and that underhanded approach is smarmy to the female mind. It's a ruse and she won't fall for it, unless you're particularly hot. In in that case, it was romance.

That's part of their duplicitous nature.

So if you want to hit the local bar on game night and build their Frank Lloyd Wright Falling Water Lego Set - you have to offer her a compelling non-sexual reason to go.

Usually it's the hint of
- money
- social proof from people she wants proof from
- alpha males within the topic of discussion

And even then, it will be an uphill battle, because if you're not interested getting into her pussy (which she of course is not interested in), you must be trying to get into her purse. No man could honestly value what she has to say outside of the workplace right?

So what do you do if you meet someone that you're not sexually interested in, but share similar interests - so you're intellectually interested in?

When I used to promote concerts of up and coming or underground acts, girls who were into music wouldn't go until someone else that they trusted or wanted to be around said they were going.

Utterly frustrating. (the lack of women in any underground scene can be traced to this - their herd like mentality)

So if you're offering a really cool experience that should enlighten her, it's gotta be something that everyone that she wants to impress is going to go to.

That's the only way (i've found) to get a firm yes for something non-sexual.

It'd honestly be easier to try to get into her pants than it would be to coax her into an evening of wine and elucidation.

A lot of us guys would love to find a chick who's into our hobbies.
See a chick digging for records, building rc helicopters, shooting wild boar in Indonesia....

You want something ready made, but you don't want to make it.

The truth is chicks are very malleable.

That's why when your buddy starts bringing his ball and chain to Fantasy Football night and starts to win, when a week before she loved the Dolphins because of their cute outfits...

It's frustrating..we know.

The off chance that you are the big dog in your area of interest, and you do pull a chick who's into that thing - you'll find either that she's into it only on a surface level, or she's really fucked up ideas about your avocation.

Nothing worse than arguing with a chick about Biggie Smalls.

WIA

Being friends with girls

Quote: (10-02-2013 10:34 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

The off chance that you are the big dog in your area of interest, and you do pull a chick who's into that thing - you'll find either that she's into it only on a surface level, or she's really fucked up ideas about your avocation.

Nothing worse than arguing with a chick about Biggie Smalls.

WIA

This is true, but there really is a small minority of girls who are into intellectual shit.

Some guys seem to ready to tar every single pussy-bearing humanoid with the same brush. Yeah nature made them a certain way.

But there are freaks of nature. Genuinely intellectual birds, some of whom are even straight!

I swear, we got a smart bunch here, but come on - is anyone here willing to admit they've banged a girl more intelligent than them?

I have, but then my whole style and game attracts smarter chicks to begin with.

Being friends with girls

Quote: (10-02-2013 10:58 PM)Therapsid Wrote:  

I swear, we got a smart bunch here, but come on - is anyone here willing to admit they've banged a girl more intelligent than them?

I would love to admit that.

I'd love to say that I met a girl smarter than me, and I banged her.

But I've only met one girl who I thought was smarter than me, and she was fugly raging feminist. (she had d-cups though, alas they were stuck on a perfectly cylindrical body)

Nowadays, I just hope for something greater than a pulse. I hope I can find enough in what a chick says to keep my facade of genuine interest going.

You love cooking? Have you tried sous vide...
oh okay

You love poetry, what's the last book of poems you read?
oh okay

You like movies, what's the sign of a good actor to you?
oh okay

Perhaps this is the reason I will remain single. Even my lowest expectation, that a chick cares slightly about what she says she cares about, can't be met.

I digress.

WIA

Being friends with girls

Quote: (10-02-2013 10:58 PM)Therapsid Wrote:  

This is true, but there really is a small minority of girls who are into intellectual shit.

Some guys seem to ready to tar every single pussy-bearing humanoid with the same brush. Yeah nature made them a certain way.

But there are freaks of nature. Genuinely intellectual birds, some of whom are even straight!

Since you're calling me out, I'll admit I'm tarring them with the same brush, but, seriously, fuck them. It's the truth of my experience. To me, women are very, very dumb. Obviously your mileage may vary based upon your own intelligence level.

Communication breaks down entirely at a 30 IQ point difference between the lower and higher iq in a pairing. The dumber person lacks the ability to process the concepts and natural language of the smarter one, so literally hears nonsense and reads it as insanity in the smarter one. The smarter person can't dumb down their thinking enough to understand the flawed reasoning of the dumber one, so hears mental retardation.

I'm not exaggerating: 30 IQ points is the difference between average intelligence and what we consider retarded.

Have you ever tried having a conversation with someone with Downs or Autism? That's me trying to communicate with a woman of above average intelligence (110). Their carefully-crafted logical thought is, to my eyes, obviously-illogical. You guys laugh at feminists for the obvious flaws in their thinking, but you have to remember, their conclusions make rational sense to them, and, even if you explained the flaws, they can't comprehend them, because they lack the ability to process higher thought, so they're stuck in, what I think of black-and-white thinking. Challenge them, and they'll react as mundane people usually do when confronted with higher logic: by lashing out in anger and following seemingly-nonsensical tangents.

The bell curve distribution for intelligence in women is narrower than men, meaning there are fewer extremes, both high or low. They cluster around the mean. The stats for outliers get fucking scary. A mate who studies intelligence and I were discussing this once when I was stating I'd never met a woman smarter than me.

"Based on distribution in the population, you'd have a dating pool of .... [quick calculation]... 14 women."

"In town?"

"In Australia."

This is my reality. Luckily, my intelligence allows me to operate multiple simultaneous thought processes. When I'm talking to a woman, I am operating on three levels: my usual background cognitive thought; the level that is observing behaviour and reactions and running game; and a third one that is moderating my performance in both manner and speech to give the impression of a man of less-than-average intelligence, because revealing high intelligence to mundanes is social death, hence the classic nerd stereotype as lonely virgins.

Compare this to a woman I once dated. Young, blonde and beautiful: you couldn't find a hotter body. We were walking arm in arm by the water one night and I commented how she tends to go quiet when we're walking somewhere. Trying to keep the vibe playful, I asked her if she was scared of being alone with me.

She looked confused. "I'm thinking about walking."

"Where we're going?"

"No, you know. Moving my left foot and then my right foot."

This really stumped me, and I dropped my guard. "I don't understand."

"I'm doing what we all do when we walk. Left foot. Right foot. Left foot. Right foot."

This woman was a nurse. God help her patients.

I have yet to read a Jezebel article linked to on here that doesn't read like it was written by am immature teenage mind, and these women have majored in Journalism. Your education system is obviously a sham to extract money from people who are, simply, unintelligent, but believe university is validation that they are. And, holy fuck, does this make them obnoxious. They simply have no conception that there are higher, more complex modes of thought than their own, yet the thought they produce is utterly-ordinary.

Remember Feisty Woman, who called Roosh out for being afraid of intelligent women? She was another Woman who read as functionally retarded to my eyes.

Being friends with girls

[quote] (10-03-2013 03:58 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

[quote='Therapsid' pid='546816' dateline='1380772726']
Compare this to a woman I once dated. Young, blonde and beautiful: you couldn't find a hotter body. We were walking arm in arm by the water one night and I commented how she tends to go quiet when we're walking somewhere. Trying to keep the vibe playful, I asked her if she was scared of being alone with me.

She looked confused. "I'm thinking about walking."

"Where we're going?"

"No, you know. Moving my left foot and then my right foot."

This really stumped me, and I dropped my guard. "I don't understand."

"I'm doing what we all do when we walk. Left foot. Right foot. Left foot. Right foot."

This woman was a nurse. God help her patients.

I have yet to read a Jezebel article linked to on here that doesn't read like it was written by am immature teenage mind, and these women have majored in Journalism. Your education system is obviously a sham to extract money from people who are, simply, unintelligent, but believe university is validation that they are. And, holy fuck, does this make them obnoxious. They simply have no conception that there are higher, more complex modes of thought than their own, yet the thought they produce is utterly-ordinary.

Remember Feisty Woman, who called Roosh out for being afraid of intelligent women? She was another Woman who read as functionally retarded to my eyes.[/quote]

Mind blown!

She literally spends most of her day thinking about putting one foot in front of the other.

I think smart people are unable to fathom that there are lower less complex modes of thought then there own because I was pretty sure up to this point everyone who went for walks was day dreaming. Maybe only smart people day dream?