rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Former PUA & buddies buy an island

main story: http://gawker.com/tech-geeks-celebrate-a...1333855628

Reddit (the dude is on there): http://www.reddit.com/r/redditisland/com...an_island/

Former PUA by the name of Herbal, from game 1.0 days, and 10 friends bought an island off Nova Scotia. He bought from a website named http://www.privateislandsonline.com/ (Vancier, is that you selling high priced items again?).

But before that, I got a question for Scotian.
Why did someone leave this as a comment?:
Quote:Quote:

"Off the coast of Nova Scotia" - depending WHICH coast can mean the difference between 111CM and 375CM of Snow, a year.

Is one side that much worse from the other?

I'll copy/past the story below.

Quote:Quote:

A while ago I wrote a story about Reddit Island, an effort organized on Reddit to buy a private island and create a real-life Galt's Gulch. While Reddit Island hasn't moved past the "posting things on Reddit" stage, the geek dream of colonizing isolated chunks of land surrounded by water is alive and well.

Yesterday, a guy named Tynan, a founder of blogging start-up SETT, announced on his blog that he and 10 friends had bought an island in Canada, off the coast of Nova Scotia. They found the island on Privateislandsonline.com, which is a real website that actually does sell islands, and not the invention of a SNL sketch.

Tynan writes:

Right now we have a fun place to camp and explore, but I hope that some day our little island becomes a retreat where we can go work, read, or get away from the city. Further down the road I hope it can be like a private summer camp for our families. There's also been some talk of holding a really awesome workshop/event there with some of our blogger/tech friends.
Tynan is one of those ubergeeks always at the cutting edge of whatever tech-savvy dudes are fixated with now. Back in the day he was a famous pick-up artist called "Herbal," and was a main character in Neil Strauss' The Game. He wrote a book called Make Her Chase You. He's since given up the PUA lifestyle and become a dedicated minimalist. Apparently he's lived in his RV since 2006, and shows off all the stuff he can fit in tiny backpacks in YouTube videos.

RELATED

Tech's Grossest Website Hits a New Low
Now, Tynan has bought an island (for "between 10k and 100k") one of the most-cherished fantasies of libertarian geeks everywhere. The news blew up on the virtual tech industry watercooler Hacker News, full of well-wishes, spats of jealousy and hints from other private island-owners. Of course, it's the top post on the Reddit Island subreddit, where one of the 10 partners in the island weighed in as well. Now that Tynan and his crew has succeeded where Reddit Island failed, I think it's fair to say he is officially King of The Tech Geeks.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Only 10-100k for an island? Fuck this shit I know what I'm saving up for.

Lol there is island and there is island. Islands around Nova Scotia are surrounded by ice bergs for about 8 months of the year. LOL 100K for a piece of snow covered land?

CR, ahah no its not me but is not a bad thing to sell...[Image: smile.gif]

How is the male to female ratio?

Quote: (09-18-2013 02:14 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Lol there is island and there is island. Islands around Nova Scotia are surrounded by ice bergs for about 8 months of the year. LOL 100K for a piece of snow covered land?

CR, ahah no its not me but is not a bad thing to sell...[Image: smile.gif]

I'm with you on this one.

tropical is the key word. Hell, you could find cheaper islands in southeast asia. You might be able to trade a new iphone for one.

A bunch of PUAs bought a private island together?

Does this mean they are coming out of the closet finally?

This is a bit of a coincidence as I'm flying down home in three days and plan on doing some sniffing around for property while I"m there but it won't be an island, although I could afford one in that price range, I wouldn't buy one in NS (or anywhere else) for a few reasons:

-I'd sooner be on the mainland, preferably on a lake but not too far (less than 30 kms) from the ocean, in NS you're never more than an hour or so from the ocean anyway, so plenty of options.

-You get more bang for your buck on the mainland, most people envision island living to be glamorous, but its not, for many reasons....

-If you buy a small island for $50K, you'll spend another $30-50K getting it service with a well, septic and electricity. Of course they may be roughing it with out door shitters and generators but how will these tech geeks have access to WI-FI? They'll pay through the nose for it, that's how.

-They'll have to buy a boat too to get back to the main land or pay some local yokel, chances are they'd go tits up in the choppy waters down home if they're not seasoned boatmen, especially this time of year, hurricane season.

-The weather on the island will often be foggy as hell, whereas a few clicks inland it won't be, the north east winds will be a bitch in winter, cold as hell. And VP I don't know if you've ever been to NS, but I've never seen an iceberg and there probably hasn't been once seen off the coast of NS in the past 100 years, you're probably thinking of Newfoundland, tons of them there.

-There's no big animals on the islands, maybe the odd bunny rabbit or muskrat running around but who wants to live in a remote area if you can't kill big animals? I suppose these tech geeks probably aren't into hunting anyway. There would be however, decent fishing there and in the winter they could whack a few seals for shits and gigs.

[Image: 29c3msz.gif]

Nova Scotia: I love where I'm from and can't wait to get home to visit but I"m glad I left, maybe someday I'll retire there but for now I"m better off out west. These guys join a long line of CFA's as we call them in NS who buy up islands and oceanfront property, mostly Germans but there's been the odd celebrity such as Jack Nicholson.

I assume this will be a summer place to visit, as has been rightly pointed out, most people couldn't tolerate the winter months there but from May until October it can be very pleasant, especially July/August. There's great seafood there (lobster, mussels, clams, oysters, scallops, etc) and tons of fish to catch (cod, haddock, halibut, mackeral, etc), you can drive down any road in rural NS and find a random fisherman selling fresh lobster off the back of his truck for $5/lb.

The South and Eastern shore (where I'm from) get the most snow, cold and shitty weather as the'ye on the Atlantic ocean, the warmer parts would be on the Bay of Fundy, the Northumberland Straight (warmest waters north of the Carolinas) and the Bras d'Or lakes in Cape Breton (Baddeck is my favorite spot in NS).

Women: I'd pick a rural spot not too far from a small town such as Yarmouth, Bridgewater, Lunenburg, New Glasgow, Antigonish, Port Hawksbury, Canso or Sydney. As many of you know, most of the dudes from rural NS such as myself head out west for months at a time to work so the ratios are very favorable in these small towns, lots of lonely girls and I can tell you that the ones from NS are very, very nice.

Anyway, good luck to these guys in their ventures but I can guarantee that these Come-From-Away's paid way to much for their island, especially on that website, if any of you are interested in NS property, I'd recommend checking out this website, go to the Nova Scotia section then real estate: http://www.kijiji.ca , personally I'm just gonna ask friends and family about land and probably get a sweet deal.

I'm stoked to be home eating awesome seafood and getting drunk in downtown Halifax next weekend, donairs and Olands!

Lunenburg:
[Image: 20rr43a.jpg]

Baddeck
[Image: o74mm1.jpg]

This is what I'll be singing in about ten days when I have to fly back to Hellberta!

What a crib! Great logistics!

[Image: ku-xlarge.jpg]

Bang: Private Island

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Scotian

Is there a big university nearby?
Is it warm enough to swim in July?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Quote: (09-18-2013 05:09 PM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

Scoitan

Is there a big university there?

Yo! You got any deals on airfare to Halifax? lol

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (09-18-2013 07:06 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

How is the male to female ratio?

These guys sound like the modern day version of:

btw this guy lives out of an RV. I don't think wants to live on an island for the glamour of it.

PS no offense cattle rustler but a troll by Thought Police Enforcer Adrian Chen on Gawker is not the main story. There is no original research in that post that couldn't be found simply by reading the original post at Hacker News.

Scotian - How are the chicks in Halifax? I met someone traveling who did uni there and I heard it's a big college town. How would you rank it to other Canadian cities? Best time to visit?

He made a sheet

Scotian

Hell ya, with eleven universities (and several colleges), Nova Scotia is Canada's UNIVERSITY CAPITAL. Most are in Halifax but there's a few scattered in smaller towns, including my parents alma mater St. F.X in Antigonish, small uni town about 2.5 hours from Halifax:

Then there's Acadia university located in Wolfville, about 1.5 hours from Halifax, a very quaint town near the Bay of Fundy, pretty decent party school although I don't think either stacks up so well against the huge USA party schools, they're both under 10K student populations. Sydney, Cape Breton has UCB, but I wouldn't recommend this city, its rough and industrial but you can find some sweet spots close by.

All of these small uni towns have great real estate deals, for pieces of land on or near the water or even for buying islands, if that's what you're after.

Quote: (09-18-2013 06:20 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Scotian - How are the chicks in Halifax? I met someone traveling who did uni there and I heard it's a big college town. How would you rank it to other Canadian cities? Best time to visit?

Halifax is where I went to uni and I grew up about 45 minutes from there so I know it very well. I've said it on here before but the Maritime provinces and Halifax in particular are sleeper pussy paradises honestly I've had more fun in Halifax than any other Canadian city, probably because I grew up there but I will say that Halifax should definitely be on your radar if you're into laid back, sweet, small town white girls, there's a few reasons for this:

-We're a bit different than the rest of Canada, we're geographically cut off from the rest of Canada by the French speaking province of Quebec, we speak funny and don't have the attitudes that you'll find among some people in places like Toronto or Vancouver, very friendly and approachable women there.

-Huge uni population in Halifax, about 50K in a city of under 400K, including Mount Saint Vincent, which is 80% women.

-VERY favorable male-to-female ratios, for two reasons: like most other cities in North America, nowadays unis are mostly women, add to that fact that a lot of the men fuck off out west to work and you're left with bars packed with tail. I had it so good before I moved out west, it was easy, I couldn't believe it when I moved to Edmonton and found the bars packed with thirsty dudes, the girls used to come to me.

-Strong DRINKING CULTURE, east coasters like to get fucked up (I'm on beer #8 right now as I write this), Halifax can look like towns in the UK after the bars close, which they do at 0300-0400 (clubs), some of the latest hours in Canada.

-People are broke on the east coast, we're the economic armpit of Canada, wages are low and cost of living (in Halifax) is relatively high (rent, smokes, booze, gas, etc) so if you are well dressed and drop some cash at the club, people will notice, especially the girls.

-People from the east coast don't travel a lot, so being American or European will definitely give you an upper hand, I dare say flashing a California ID will make panties wet in Halifax.

Anyway, I'm starting to sound like I work for the NS tourism board but I really do love where I"m from and like I say, I"m stoked to go home and party with family and friends. Best time to go would be now, the month of September, but especially the start of the school year (two weeks ago) when the frosh is on full tilt. Don't bother in the winter but summer is really good too, people like to drink their faces off there so you're guaranteed to have a good time.

Direct flights from NYC, Boston and Philly (I'm flying via there in two days), I can highly recommend a 3-5 day trip to Halifax for any RVF member.

Bring your drinking hats boys!

Citizens address 'culture of alcohol' in Halifax: http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/...in-halifax

Halifax has the most bars, per capita in Canada, Halifax really does drink: http://www.thecoast.ca/RealityBites/arch...does-drink

Halifax, this Saturday, who's in?

I will be singing this song a lot in the Halifax pubs this weekend:

Quote: (09-18-2013 08:18 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Scotian

Hell ya, with eleven universities (and several colleges), Nova Scotia is Canada's UNIVERSITY CAPITAL. Most are in Halifax but there's a few scattered in smaller towns, including my parents alma mater St. F.X in Antigonish, small uni town about 2.5 hours from Halifax:

Then there's Acadia university located in Wolfville, about 1.5 hours from Halifax, a very quaint town near the Bay of Fundy, pretty decent party school although I don't think either stacks up so well against the huge USA party schools, they're both under 10K student populations. Sydney, Cape Breton has UCB, but I wouldn't recommend this city, its rough and industrial but you can find some sweet spots close by.

All of these small uni towns have great real estate deals, for pieces of land on or near the water or even for buying islands, if that's what you're after.

Quote: (09-18-2013 06:20 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Halifax is where I went to uni and I grew up about 45 minutes from there so I know it very well. I've said it on here before but the Maritime provinces and Halifax in particular are sleeper pussy paradises honestly I've had more fun in Halifax than any other Canadian city, probably because I grew up there but I will say that Halifax should definitely be on your radar if you're into laid back, sweet, small town white girls, there's a few reasons for this:

-We're a bit different than the rest of Canada, we're geographically cut off from the rest of Canada by the French speaking province of Quebec, we speak funny and don't have the attitudes that you'll find among some people in places like Toronto or Vancouver, very friendly and approachable women there.

-Huge uni population in Halifax, about 50K in a city of under 400K, including Mount Saint Vincent, which is 80% women.

-VERY favorable male-to-female ratios, for two reasons: like most other cities in North America, nowadays unis are mostly women, add to that fact that a lot of the men fuck off out west to work and you're left with bars packed with tail. I had it so good before I moved out west, it was easy, I couldn't believe it when I moved to Edmonton and found the bars packed with thirsty dudes, the girls used to come to me.

-Strong DRINKING CULTURE, east coasters like to get fucked up (I'm on beer #8 right now as I write this), Halifax can look like towns in the UK after the bars close, which they do at 0300-0400 (clubs), some of the latest hours in Canada.

-People are broke on the east coast, we're the economic armpit of Canada, wages are low and cost of living (in Halifax) is relatively high (rent, smokes, booze, gas, etc) so if you are well dressed and drop some cash at the club, people will notice, especially the girls.

-People from the east coast don't travel a lot, so being American or European will definitely give you an upper hand, I dare say flashing a California ID will make panties wet in Halifax.

Anyway, I'm starting to sound like I work for the NS tourism board but I really do love where I"m from and like I say, I"m stoked to go home and party with family and friends. Best time to go would be now, the month of September, but especially the start of the school year (two weeks ago) when the frosh is on full tilt. Don't bother in the winter but summer is really good too, people like to drink their faces off there so you're guaranteed to have a good time.

Direct flights from NYC, Boston and Philly (I'm flying via there in two days), I can highly recommend a 3-5 day trip to Halifax for any RVF member.

Bring your drinking hats boys!

Citizens address 'culture of alcohol' in Halifax: http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/...in-halifax

Halifax has the most bars, per capita in Canada, Halifax really does drink: http://www.thecoast.ca/RealityBites/arch...does-drink

Halifax, this Saturday, who's in?

I will be singing this song a lot in the Halifax pubs this weekend:

Dude, sounds like you need to give a report in the other forums on Halifax.

The island is going to be their private vacation campground from the sounds of it. It's a vacation island.

They have 3G/LTE reception on the island.

They're actually pretty close to a hospital.

The water will be pretty chilly to swim in, no matter the month.

They spent less than $10k each.

This is like the official Halifax/Nova Scotia data sheet lol

Quote: (09-19-2013 12:45 PM)malc Wrote:  

The island is going to be their private vacation campground from the sounds of it. It's a vacation island.

They have 3G/LTE reception on the island.

They're actually pretty close to a hospital.

The water will be pretty chilly to swim in, no matter the month.

They spent less than $10k each.

I could work with that. They can have cellular Internet with out paying for any install fees or exorbitant satellite Internet fees. Get a decent cellular antenna and they'll have consistent LTE service.

Phone calls, obviously no trouble.

The water might be chilly to swim in, but there is lots of room for a swimming pool or hot tub at minimum.

They could build a small cottage with woodstove heating and gas canister cooking for cheap enough, if they split the costs between them.

I think its a good deal, if they grow into it.

I'm the King of Beijing!

It's been 3 years now....does anyone have an update on this story ?

If the island was uninhabited and purchased by 11 dudes who moved there with a minimum of 1 girl each, the island population should have reached (at least) 33 by now, if they are doing things correctly.

This is what the island's women should look like after 4 to 8 months of foundation of the initial colony:

[Image: bhf-bump-02_c1.jpg]

20 to 30 years later:

[Image: f3a9f0cb48d3c3a38676afd5a97ed18d.wix_mp_512]

Quote: (07-30-2016 09:01 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

It's been 3 years now....does anyone have an update on this story ?

If the island was uninhabited and purchased by 11 dudes who moved there with a minimum of 1 girl each, the island population should have reached (at least) 33 by now, if they are doing things correctly.

I was curious about this too.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

His two year update posted in November show that they built a yurt home, cleared off some trails, and were in the process of installing a wood stove.

[Image: 1219011572704555409550928200818597371345...f3a62f.jpg]

http://tynan.com/island3