rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Favorite Bacon related Food Recipes

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Anything by Epic Meal Time

related

Bacon wrapped chicken. Had some at a Brazilian steakhouse tonight. So juicy. There's a ton of good recipes if you google it.

It'd be a killer dish for a girl you have over, most American girls love bacon.

Quote: (09-17-2013 10:24 PM)master_thespian Wrote:  

related

Quote:Quote:

A 105-year-old Texas woman who worked a life of physical labor and mothered seven children revealed the secret to her longevity: bacon.

"I love bacon, I eat it everyday," Pearl Cantrell told NBC affiliate KRBC when asked the secret to living so long.
source

Quote:Quote:

When Lewis passed away last month at the ripe age of 105, it was the end of a life that laughed in the face of cholesterol-conscious cardiologists and teetotalers.

"He smoked cigars, he drank wine, and, this is no joke, he'd consume 15 pounds of sugar a month. And fatbacks," his grandniece, Sandra Williams, said. "He never wanted bacon. I'd take him bacon and he'd say: 'I don't want that lean meat.' "

In his efficiency apartment in Brooklyn, Lewis, a retired junk dealer from Buckingham County, Va., would fry the fatback, take out the meat, break two eggs into the sizzling fat, and when he sat down to eat, "he'd take a piece of bread and dip it into the grease," Williams said.

That would be breakfast, which he would polish off with coffee thickened with a half-cup of sugar.

Williams, who did Lewis' grocery shopping once a week, said that each month Lewis also would go through a half-pound of salt, three dozen eggs, countless Titan Philly cigars and as many pints of Thunderbird as his friends and relatives would bring him.

"He'd have enough cigars to last him until the next time I got there, but he wouldn't have enough wine to last him," Williams said.

"I'd bring him a pint and say: 'Now Uncle Dickie, don't drink this whole thing in one day.' Then I'd come back a day later and it would be gone, and he'd say: 'It's all gone? Is that right? I must have spilled it.' "

. . .

"Uncle Dickie, he did what he wanted to do. He did exactly what he wanted to do," said Williams, who believes that attitude was the secret to his long life.
source

Lewis Black did a standup bid on the Uncle Dickie (@7:45 sec mark)

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

There's little else that's better than a properly made bacon wrapped hot dog.

Other than that, I'm not a huge fan of working bacon into everything. Buzz Killington award goes to me I guess.

I like bacon by itself and with a few other things...it's a pretty dominant flavor that tends to overpower.

For the sake of getting fancy, there's a classic French garnish for various dishes that's a mix of bacon, mushrooms, pearl onions, herbs, and red wine, famously used for Coq au Vin but it's great with other meat dishes too.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Had bacon and egg toasted sammich for breaky today

I like bacon cheeseburgers and bacon wrapped hot dogs, but I can't think of too much else I like bacon with, except as a side during breakfast.

Quote: (09-19-2013 05:00 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

There's little else that's better than a properly made bacon wrapped hot dog.

Other than that, I'm not a huge fan of working bacon into everything. Buzz Killington award goes to me I guess.

I like bacon by itself and with a few other things...it's a pretty dominant flavor that tends to overpower.

For the sake of getting fancy, there's a classic French garnish for various dishes that's a mix of bacon, mushrooms, pearl onions, herbs, and red wine, famously used for Coq au Vin but it's great with other meat dishes too.

I like sprinkling Slap Ya Momma on chicken thighs/legs, wrapping in bacon and grill/bake. Blackened seasoning works well also.

Of course, fat back, a cousin of bacon, is also a staple in my kitchen.

I like the Spanish version: Bacon wrapped dried figs or dried dates. Just wrap a slice of bacon around a dried fig/date and put in the oven. Shit is delicious.

Pro tip: Fill the dried date with feta cheese or some nuts.

In the last six months or so, I have increased my bacon consumption, and I think bacon can go with almost anything. although I am not the most creative of cooks.. I do like to wrap bacon up in Romain lettuce and tomato. I try to avoid carbs, but I heard that there is bacon ice cream, which is probably pretty good and probably better for you than regular ice cream... so long as they are using real bacon and maybe not so much sugar in the ice cream and full fat and raw cream in the ice cream would be best.

Contrary to popular beliefs, bacon is fairly nutritious. I remember that someone in the paleo - low carb community had done nutrition profiles on several foods including bacon, and bacon came out amongst one of the most nutritious for its fat acid /nutrition profile. I did a Google search attempting to find an appropriate link, and the best I could come up with was this below link from the paleo community.

http://www.paleoplan.com/2012/07-19/qa-is-bacon-paleo/

Anyhow, I am a huge bacon fan.. not the OP (I have nothing against the OP), but the food.. and contrary to my doctor's discussion of the issue... and my high fat diet in general.

Since i started eating low carb and high fat, for a couple years now, my doctor has been worried that my LDL has gone up from mid 100s to lower 200s. But, he is happy that my HDL went up from the teens to the mid 40s and is still going up, in my projections, and my triglicerides went way down from mid 100s to below 80. My doctor likes the results on the HDL and the triglicerides.. but he is worried about the LDL being over 200, and i tell him.. SO WHAT... ? WHO CARES? only the HDL and the triglicerides matter... unless you follow the recommendations of the drug manufacturers who want to put every single and still breathing person from birth to death on statins. In sum, bacon is great and good for you and statins are a scam to take our money.