rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Would these jokes by allowed on American TV?

Not just because of the swearing laws, but also due the extent of hypersensitivity and feminism. These things (specifically hypersensitivity) exist here, but I don't think in the same way.

Below are a few clips from a daft panel show called Celebrity Juice. The presenter is a character done by a comedian. Like Borat, Ali G etc. I'm not saying it's the best show ever, FAR from it, but I came across these rather 'raunchy' clips and wondered if they'd get away with it in the states. In Europe, they go even further from what I'm aware.

The women get the piss taken out of them, yet to be fair, they don't run off and cry (because they're attractive probably). Nobody is off limits, if you go on that show and are a woman - you are going to be spoken about as a sexual object... all in good fun of course! [Image: wink.gif]

And before anyone says it, no it isn't the height of comedy over here, just a trashy show, but it's very popular with the 16-25 crowd.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Comedians can still get away with sexist jokes on American cable television (although probably not on broadcast tv), and there are no limits on premium cable channels like HBO, Showtime, etc since they can air uncensored comedy specials.

I guess this proves comedy is the last bastion of normalcy. However, I wouldn't give it much time left.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken