rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Review: VH1 Pick Up Artist 2 Episode 2

Review: VH1 Pick Up Artist 2 Episode 2

[Image: vh1-pickup-artist-22.png]

WARNING SPOILERS INCLUDED

Join me as I review Episode 2 of the Pick up Artist.

Recap of last episode:
The guys worked on their avatar and Alex was eliminated

Episode 2:
The guys will be working on approach

Rian talks about how he thought it was him and the other guys think they were going to get cut too.The guys meet at an Italian Club.Mystery says the “look” is only the first step and the guys exude nervousness approaching women.

Reward Challenge: is to approach the women and make conversation with them. The one who does well wins and gets an accessory from Mystery's secret selection. There are a bunch of old women playing bingo haha. They will have to approach old women.

The guys get at work and Todd goes in right away. Matt did a good job and really engages the group of older women. Rian didn't do a bad job either. Kevin bores his group and does not engage them very well. Greg, talks about his hair which I thought was not needed. Brian, is just too goofy talking to the old ladies. I just want to laugh at that fool. He even tells them that they stink.

Mystery joins the group and has a bingo card with all 8 of the students. HE has the old women select their favorite student. It was a landslide victory- Matt won it. I thought he did the best, so I would have to agree with their decision.

First Lesson: the first field test is tonight. They have to learn and approach a set using an indirect opener.

Examples

Mystery:“Hey did you guys see the fight outside.”

Mystery: “Who lies more men or women?”

Mystery wants the guys to open and get a hook point. To get them to do one is to do a FTC a false time constraint.

Example: “I can only stay a second I have my friends here.”This means to position your body like you might leave while in set. He shows the guys correct ways of standing. Mystery has the guys work on their openers and their challenge will be to approach women at the club. The guys split into groups to do opening exercises. Mystery explains the neg-which is a disqualifier. It should create laughter. Brians negs are not good at all!

Mystery shows Matt his prop, and how he uses it in set. The guys practice then get ready to get on the field.Mystery will be looking at how they approach and how they use the material effectively. The goal is to open and use the hook point. Matt brings his accessory.

The venue they hit is called Axis. Matt is the first one to go and he doesn't use the scarf nor stack forward. He didn't open the set near the bar. Matt is opened and uses his new accessory on his target and he pulls it away. The friend is pulled away.

Field Test:

Todd goes to work with an indirect opener. He smiles and he threw his first neg and a false time constraint. He stays calm, cool, and collective. She gave him an IOI- indicator of interest. The girls gives him a drink. Todd hit the objective.

[/B]Greg[/B] goes into set and uses Andy **** as his opener and his target asks the point of the story. He opens a two set on tattoo and girls. He is calm and doesn't engage both. The friend pulls away. You lose the friend you lose the set.

Rian goes in. He looks better and engages everybody. He opens a 4 set and talks to the guy in the set. He uses a false time constraint and leaves the set. He gets blown out of one set, but continues to stack forward on others.

Simeon goes in. He has great energy and is told to f** off by a guy. He tries to open and the other girl is a b***. Mystery says he has too high of energy and he opens a 5 set. Tara says there are some b*** in the club. Damn Simeon you got the worst of it brother!

Karl goes in. He uses the spells opener and Matador says he is talking too fast. He just leaves the set abruptly and talks too himself. He is standing around the venue and doesn't really go forward from there.

Brian goes in. He opens a set and just talks to the girls. He says he likes “pickle juice.” He uses the false time constraint and leaves the set. He opens another and engages everyone this time. The crew says he's got a good vibe. He spins his target and lifts her up. Not bad on the kino. A+ from Matador.

Kevin goes in. He gets at it real quick. Tara and Mystery that he is cursing to much and not introducing the group. He uses the opener way too much. Tara says he has an air of desperation. Not a good performance from him.

Field Test Winner:

Mystery greets the guys. He says that someone did a really good job and the winner is Brian. He gets to choose two guys as his wingman to save them from elimination also.

The guys are nervous about elimination. Brian has a tough time deciding who he will pick and ends up throwing up over it and crying.

Elimination:

Mystery greets the guys and explains the medallions. They are all a level of advancement. The white medallion meaning rebirth. Brian saves Todd and Greg. He compliments Todd and tells Greg he still needs a lot of work.

Mystery's Opinions

“Rian approached too many sets, Karl went in strong and he flipped out and didn't recover, Simeon had too much energy and took things too far scaring the women, Matt didn't take advantage of his accessory, Kevin cursed too much and turned the women off. He wasn't aware of the discomfort he was creating.”

Rian is safe for opening the six set. Matt got saved from the save he got from the HB. He says it was a tough decision because nothing impressed him. Simeon is saved, but Mystery says he has to take control of his energy. He asks Tara about Karl and she says he can go a long way and Matador says that Kevin plowed too much. Mystery goes with his gut and cuts Kevin for his cursing and repetitive openers. Kevin is told to go.It signs off with clips of Kevin and what he has felt about his time on the show which was priceless.

My opinions:

This was a good episode. I don't know if I agree so much with using the old ladies in the first challenge, but I guess it served a purpose to see how the guys engaged the groups. I also liked the first lesson because I think people watching the show can take a lot from it. Mystery used some examples for opening, negs, and FTC's. He got right to the point. It was a tough decision for Mystery at the end, but I felt that Kevin should have gotten cut too.

I would like to see more time on the lessons. I know that the show is on a set time, but I think more examples should be provided and overview as well. I think the material ran rather loosely. It does hit the gist, but that's all it hits.

Currently traveling around Asia come join me on the LS Blog.

Bolo and Latinstylez's Adventures