rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

EU plans to fit all cars with speed limiters

Massive troll job or for real?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/road...qus_thread

From the article:

Under the proposals new cars would be fitted with cameras that could read road speed limit signs and automatically apply the brakes when this is exceeded.

Patrick McLoughlin, the Transport Secretary, is said to be opposed to the plans, which could also mean existing cars are sent to garages to be fitted with the speed limiters, preventing them from going over 70mph.

The new measures have been announced by the European Commission’s Mobility and Transport Department as a measure to reduce the 30,000 people who die on the roads in Europe every year.

Not going to work. Germany autobahn has no max speed limit on their highway, while the surrounding countries do have speedlimits on their highway. I'm not sure how they are going to regulate that? So if you are German, that would mean you have no speedlimit on your car, while French would have speedlimit on his car but when going to Germany, he wouldn't be able to speed more when he is allowed.

Forget it, it is not going to work.

You could expect riots over this one. I've driven in Germany, Italy, and Spain. I've never seen insane high speeds like I have there. People literally don't give a fuck and speed traps seemed to be rare, if not completely nonexistant. On a stretch from Barcelona to Tarragona every single person on the freeway was cruising between 100-110 MPH

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Granted, if there were such a thing as a New World Order, I can't figure out what benefit it would gain from doing stuff like this. Yet this measure looks quite NWO-ish. Unlike public smoking or jay-walking restrictions, it is not based on fines but rather on outright preventing the issue from ever happening.

Unless this means that we can also issue water hydrants that automatically spray obese people with cold water when they reach for a sugary product in the supermarket, I am against this.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I'm surprised they don't implement this in the US. If the max speed limit is 65 then cap all the cars at 65. Why do speedometers go to 200MPH?

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-03-2013 02:07 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Massive troll job or for real?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/road...qus_thread

From the article:

Under the proposals new cars would be fitted with cameras that could read road speed limit signs and automatically apply the brakes when this is exceeded.

Patrick McLoughlin, the Transport Secretary, is said to be opposed to the plans, which could also mean existing cars are sent to garages to be fitted with the speed limiters, preventing them from going over 70mph.

The new measures have been announced by the European Commission’s Mobility and Transport Department as a measure to reduce the 30,000 people who die on the roads in Europe every year.
What people don't realise is that here in the UK roughly 80% of the laws passed through parliament come from EU directives this is why we cant legislate on such issues as when our rubbish is collected and how many fish we can catch in our own waters so in theory if this goes through the transport secretary can moan all he wants its going to happen.

Quote: (09-03-2013 03:51 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

You could expect riots over this one. I've driven in Germany, Italy, and Spain. I've never seen insane high speeds like I have there. People literally don't give a fuck and speed traps seemed to be rare, if not completely nonexistant. On a stretch from Barcelona to Tarragona every single person on the freeway was cruising between 100-110 MPH

Was being driven through most of northern/central Italy last year and apparently they have a lot of unmanned speed-based photo radar stations and a lot of people get caught in them. Our driver seemed to know where a lot of them were though.

I didn't notice a lot of people driving extremely fast on the Autostrade. Going to Germany next week, I'm kind of excited to see the Autobahn and see if its as crazy as people say it is.

Having speed limiters presents some inherent risks in extreme situations. I doubt they can do this without getting backlash with the threat of lawsuits for liability reasons.

So all an enterprising terrorist needs to do is wait until rush hour and put up his custom built sign consisting of a 70 mph and 10 mph doubled-sided sign that randomly rotates every few seconds and watch the ensuing pileup.

It's funny really, if a totalitarian state wanted to have control over people's movement, the better solution is to have a large train network where cameras can scan people's IDs as they get on and watch them. Having machines that take over your car a la Minority Report and this speed dealie is only rational if you have to provide an illusion of freedom. Reminds me of a toddler furiously spinning the steering wheel on a fake playground car while making driving noises.

Quote: (09-03-2013 05:00 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

So all an enterprising terrorist needs to do is wait until rush hour and put up his custom built sign consisting of a 70 mph and 10 mph doubled-sided sign that randomly rotates every few seconds and watch the ensuing pileup.

Yeah taking a picture of a sign is a bad design. They should transmit the desired speed over cellular networks based on your GPS position. Both technologies are cheap and readily available. They could even change it dynamicly in case of a car accident or weather.

Team Nachos